The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

Not even Seth Rollins is safe from being injured by Seth Rollins.

As much as Kane sucks and needs to retire, the dude is like the world's safest worker.
Ironically the last people he was working with were Rollins, Bryan, and CM Punk. None of them his fault though.

Can't wait for her call-up to the main roster where she'll be hilarious asian who talks in subtitles who dances because fuck it, all minorities dance now, Vince loves that shit.

Zappit

Staff member
The titular Survivor Series matches were meaningless. Golddust returning was nice, though.

Bros. of Destruction vs. Wyatts had a no surprise ending. Entrances were great, though.

...And Seamus is the champ. Great. An Ambrose vs. Authority story would have been the best, most entertaining route. Dean had all the makings of being a new age Stone Cold when he turned face and The Shield broke up, but like everything else, WWE Creative done fucked it up.

Well, Survivor Series is a Thanksgiving tradition. It was nice of Undertaker to bring some squash.

And of all the options they could've chosen for an ending to the main event, they chose the one the NOBODY wanted most of all. Just...wow. Fuck this company.

Well they had to address the MITB some time, and now they have got it out of the way so we can ignore it during the holiday season.

Zappit

Staff member
Now, now, @ThatNickGuy - don't write this off as the worst possible ending. We're not even close. Remember who comes back in a month or so, who is one title reign away from Flair...

Zappit

Staff member
Well that was a hell of a RAW. That's the kind of excitement it's been missing. I'm stunned they put the belt on Reigns tonight, though. It looked the like plan was to do it at Mania. Glad they did it, though, instead of dragging it out.

Now how do they follow it up?
-Clear Bryan; Bring him back as a surprise entrant in the Rumble.
-Bring the Rock back to face HHH at Mania. They both want to do it.
-Pit the Wyatts against the League of Nations. I was on board when they teased it.
-Put the Divas belt on Sasha. I like Charlotte as a performer, but Flair Flair Flair We get it already.
Bring back Damien Sandow. Like right SandNOW.
-Bring back Kurt Angle for a short program to take the US title off Del Rio and then retire.
-Turn Kalisto into the next Rey Mysterio. That match against Ryback was fantastic.
New Day: Carry on.

I think it's hilarious that Bryan isn't cleared but Tommy Dreamer is. The guy who admitted on Stone Cold's podcast he sometimes wakes up in the middle of the city not knowing how he got there and that he has a hell of time remembering anything anymore.

Mauro Ranallo on Smackdown highlights how shit WWE's announce team is. He's SO much better than Lawlor and Saxton it makes me think he'll be gone very quickly.

Also, how roidy magoo is Alberto Del Rio? His skin can barely contain him.

Seriously, one day on the job and Mauro is the best announcer in wrestling.

Last edited:
Triple H, still beating the odds after all these years.

My Network subscription went from subscribed to cancelled in 4 hours.[DOUBLEPOST=1453694858,1453694455][/DOUBLEPOST]Mania is looking dire.

HHH vs Roman and Brock vs Wyatt are your two big matches? Ugh.

Zappit

Staff member
Now, now. AJ and Sami might get matches. We should get a hardcore Ambrose-Owens match. They were great. Or clear Bryan to challenge for the title he never lost. Give New Day some fresh opponents to grab the tag titles, put Neville up against Kalisto, have Stone Cold and the Rock open the show (eventually taking out HHH's backup at ringside), and bring in Samoa Joe to challenge next.

Hunter's ego puts him in the main event, but if he's got at least some creative control, he'll drop the belt in a crazy match.

I hate how shitty the Rumble itself has been for years. It's always been my favorite wrestling event. The matches around the Rumble were fine, but crripes was that shit in the Rumble as telegraphed as it gets.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for everything. Triple H care to elaborate?

hhh-suck-it_360.gif

seems about right.

So, I've given Lucha Underground a shot. Two days later I'm 8 episodes into the first season. Lucha Underground is fucking awesome. I really only have two gripes and both of them are the commentators, Matt Striker gets way too gross when talking about women and Vampiro sucks, he sucks really bad.

It's hard to take their intergender stuff seriously when Matt Striker can't stop mentioning how much he wants to fuck them.

I watched the season 2 premiere of Lucha Underground. First exposure to it and I found it fantastic. I've come very close to keeping a subscription to SlingTV just to watch it, but I can't justify $20 a month just for one show. Especially since the ads on El Rey network make me want to stick an ice pick in my ear.

Just in time for this Sunday!

Looks like Daniel Bryan is legit retiring tonight.

Sucks, he got me back into wrestling but he needs to avoid CTE.

Best video package of the last decade:

At least he's getting out before he ends up like so many other professional athletes: unable to function into old age because of the knocks he took during his career. And it's good that the company is being cool about it (as far as we know anyway).

Zappit

Staff member
Yeah, it looks like he's done. Such a sad story, because he was as big as Hogan, Austin, and the Rock. He just didn't get the time to build it more.

There's a lot of people who think it's a work. Bringing him back now would sell some people on Wrestlemania, especially in some kind of - any - championship match. Plus, they're in Seattle tonight. Everyone remembers that Mark Henry all-time fake-out. I think he chose Seattle to say goodbye.

Yeah, it looks like he's done. Such a sad story, because he was as big as Hogan, Austin, and the Rock. He just didn't get the time to build it more.

There's a lot of people who think it's a work. Bringing him back now would sell some people on Wrestlemania, especially in some kind of - any - championship match. Plus, they're in Seattle tonight. Everyone remembers that Mark Henry all-time fake-out. I think he chose Seattle to say goodbye.
I hope it is, I fear that it's not.

Nah, there was no way it was a work. Too many people taking it seriously.

Man, haven't gotten emotional like that watching wrestling since I was a kid.

The thing I always appreciated about Bryan is he came across as genuine. No matter what he did, he never felt like he was being something he wasn't. Even as a heel, you could tell he loved every waking minute of being there, entertaining people and performing. His love of the wrestling business shined through. And honestly, in a business like this? It's rare.

Also, those reactions, WWE? That's legitimate, earned love and respect from an audience. Not the kind of thing you're trying to force with Roman Reigns.

Bryan was one of only a very small handful of wrestlers that had me buy in so completely that I needed them to win. He reminds me with every promo, match, and angle why I love wrestling so much.

This was Daniel Bryan's last match before his injuries put him on the shelf and eventual retirement.

Some are speculating that he had a legit seizure during the match (around the 2:20 mark) and they pulled an audible to end the match early with a countout. If it's true, it's scary to consider, since Sheamus goes to pick him up and he's a dead weight.

Yeah, he talked about hiding his seizures with Coachman yesterday. That's terrifying and he definitely made the right choice in retiring. I hope he can live well.