The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

They're letting Brodie's son book all the matches for Wednesday's Dynamite and he put all the Dark Order members on the good guy teams.

It's amazing how previous comment in this thread was a billion dollar deal with NBC while today's releases are reportedly about cutting costs.

It's just Billie Kay, not Peyton Royce isn't it? So just half of the IIconics.

Stop giving those vultures money.

Not that it's any excuse, but WWE does this kind of roster bloodletting after almost every WrestleMania (except, conveniently, during the time when Linda McMahon was running for senate and they were trying to come across as a great employer). Much as it sucks, at least talent have other options like TNA or especially AEW.

Of course, I haven't watched or even barely paid attention to WWE in years. They're a despicable company run by a despicable man and I wouldn't shed a tear if they suddenly shut down tomorrow.

I legit don't want many more people in AEW. Their already incredibly bloated roster is showing and they only have 2 hours of TV a week for the top roster.

I legit don't want many more people in AEW. Their already incredibly bloated roster is showing and they only have 2 hours of TV a week for the top roster.
I have to admit, if AEW wants to keep adding people, they NEED another show during the week.

I've posted sumo news here before, so this is where I'll post this sad news.

Hibikiryu, the 28 year old Sandame division wrestler who suffered a spinal cord injury at the March basho, has died. :(

My common sensw is tingling, feels like...the WWE is about to be sold?
Been talking about this on a Discord.

- Strowman was holding out for more money, was already making a premium amount, and the WWE didn't do SHIT with him. Good on him for trying to squeeze Vince, but he's out.
- Most likely that NBC is buying in for part of the network, since it's going to be on Paramount + soon.
- Vince might be looking to sell part, but not all, of the company.

- Most likely that NBC is buying in for part of the network, since it's going to be on Paramount + soon.
Did you mean Peacock? It really wouldn't surprise me if NBC is actually buying into the company with everything - the switch to Peacock from their own, all of these releases (talent + office), etc...

Something is up, corporate restructuring, moving to Peacock for streaming and late season cuts. Including one of their biggest stars, merchandise sellers and highest paid people who has a long term contract.

And Black was just starting a new feud last week...

He made it.

Could what he went through happen in any other sport? Had to take time off due to injury, and fell to the next-to-bottom division. Only to not only claw his way back to his old rank, but reach the absolute pinnacle.

Last edited:
Yeah, he just got cut. Somehow, a 12 year veteran and 3 time world champ is someone you just... cut, despite him and his characters being deeply involved in two of the current ongoing storylines with remaining stars (Alexa Bliss and John Cena.) Alexa Bliss (Lexi Kaufman) has also been getting a lot of shit since the news hit too, with a lot of people accusing her of stealing Wyatt's gimmick and worse. Her twitter is currently set to private.

The Cena thing REALLY makes me angry: He was essentially being held hostage by the Fiend for months (considering his last wrestling appearance recently was losing to the Fiend in one of Bray Wyatt's hellscapes months ago) and then Cena shows up like nothing happened, acting a bit like the "jerk" version of Cena from that match still. I know the writers have trouble with long-term booking, but fuck me... John Cena escapes from Hell and says nothing about it? Fuck that, that story still had time to play out.

Regardless... I'm not sure where Wyatt goes from here. He'd be perfect in the AEW, ether leading or as part of the Dark Order... but that was Brodi Lee's thing and I'm not sure he'd be up for that emotionally. (Though I imagine everyone, including Brodi's family, would love to see him over there). Maybe he'll do some movies? I've always felt like he wanted to direct something.

The bizarre part about all this is he was a money maker. He was a top merch seller. There's no way his contract costs more than he brings in.

They're just shrinking the company, cutting as many money contracts as they can to sell.

Don't bother with WWE, it's going to just being unwatchable nonsense until they finally do.

Can we cut Nia Jax and Eva Marie?

WWE is bloated as a roster and I think now that they are on the road again more cuts are coming.

But can they please shit can Kevin Dunn, fucking 24 camera angle changes per minute is exhausting.

Bobby Eaton has passed away. One of the greatest wrestlers in history and one of the most decent people to ever lace up the boots. I can't think of an instance where a harsh word has been spoken about him. RIP

When Ric was trending, I got scared, then I laughed the fuck out loud when I found out why.

Also, WWE boy Roman Reigns shit talking CM Punk and his drawing power today on Ariel Helwani's show sure sounds desperate and pathetic. AEW sold a huge arena (their biggest gate ever) on the back of a rumour of his return.

The last few weeks of AEW has been fucking red hot and revitalized the wrestling fan in me like 100 fold. I'm so stoked for Brian Danielson, CM Punk, Adam Cole, etc along with the eventual crowning of future megastar Adam Page and the best slow build of a character ever. Their young talent is incredible too. Dante Martin is a phenomenon at 20.

I had the same reaction process, and I absolutely loved that the discourse switched to, yeah sure he'd do that, but not on a train!

When Ric was trending, I got scared, then I laughed the fuck out loud when I found out why.

Also, WWE boy Roman Reigns shit talking CM Punk and his drawing power today on Ariel Helwani's show sure sounds desperate and pathetic. AEW sold a huge arena (their biggest gate ever) on the back of a rumour of his return.

The last few weeks of AEW has been fucking red hot and revitalized the wrestling fan in me like 100 fold. I'm so stoked for Brian Danielson, CM Punk, Adam Cole, etc along with the eventual crowning of future megastar Adam Page and the best slow build of a character ever. Their young talent is incredible too. Dante Martin is a phenomenon at 20.

Wait till October, when Bray's non-exclusive runs out...