The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

I unironically love his shtick and have had his dumb Tequila knockoff theme music as my ringtone for months. His AEW theme is great but it doesn't have any hint of Tequila in it.

I think he has WAY more staying power than say, like Fuego Del Sol. Fuego seems like a lovely guy but he's only an underdog story.

By the way, that segment was brilliant. All three guys look better coming out of it. Hell four if you count Mark Sterling. I couldn't have given a shit about Tony Nese in AEW so far.
Mark Sterling and Danhausen are apparently actually friends or something. He always has time to play along with Danhausen's bloghausen and the fact that he immediately jumps in to stop the curse shows that he respect the shtick. Hell, we've got William Regal selling the curses now. That we've got big names playing along instead of refusing to sell it goes lengths to show how much people enjoy what he's putting out.

I've heard people call Danhausen the Spirit Halloween version of The Fiend, but Danhausen's here to stay. He's a creepy little shit in an industry full of muscleheads and there will ALWAYS be room for someone willing to do the RIDICULOUS to fuck with someone.

Man, I think we're 2 hours into Double or Nothing and so far it's AEW's worst PPV by a HUGE margin.

Only 17 more hours to go.

edito

I'll watch the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:
Also, we're now officially in the Khan era of American wrestling. Tony Khan running AEW and ROH and Nick Khan just about done his complete takeover of WWE.

You guys watching Summerslam?

That Bayley/Kai/Shirai(Sky!?) surprise made me actually feel like we're in a post-Vince era. And it's beautiful.

I love McAfee, but damn do I miss the banter between Cole and Corey Graves on regular TV, they're like an improv duo

Also, Drew McIntyre is letting his accent get thicker again and I love it too.

I'm loving this PPV so much

And here's a short video of the spot.

Brock: That's it. Vince is gone? I'm gone.
HHH: I'll let you destroy a ring with a tractor.
Brock: I think I got one more match in me.

The 3 hours aren't going anywhere anytime soon, sadly, they just signed a contract with USA and they expect their 3 hours of ad-heavy demo-strong wrasslin'

The constant cuts are definitely still too much, but I did notice some definite changes even there. There was a shot in I believe AJ Styles/Mustafa/Miz where the ringside camera was zoomed into a pin count.... and then the referee stopped at 2, pointed off screen... and the camera slowly swooped out to show the foot touching the bottom rope.

It was fucking cinematic and I popped for a new non-annoying camera angle. Changes should start accelerating as Vince is further and further away and Haitch gets more and more experience handling the whole thing.

I don't understand the appeal of CM Punk. He's a prick whose ego has always been 100 times bigger than his talent.

Also it's 100% time to put Jim Ross out to pasture. He just spends 90% of the time burying what he doesn't like, which is everything.

Last edited:

Kidd Bandit, a really talented non-binary Indie wrestler who receives too much disgusting hate, posting their progress and where they began. It's pretty incredible how far along they've come.

Holy smokes, poor Mongo McMichael. I've been keeping up with the Youtube series Reliving the War (all about the WCW vs WWE Monday Night war) and Mongo was always good for a laugh and wasn't nearly as shit as his wrestecrap legacy would suggest.

1662319714246.png