[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

This looks like fun.

The Rock is apparently channeling Luke Hobbs, Gal Gadot is going full femme fatale, and Ryan Reynolds is at his maximum Ryan Reynolds.

Also, is it just me, or does this trailer feel more like Uncharted than the actual Uncharted trailer?

I'm generally not a fan of horror and especially zombie movies, but Evil Dead is an exception. They missed a trick here by not having the store be S-Mart, even if there's no other connection.
I don't know. I like Evil Dead and I love Bruce Campbell, but I wouldn't necessarily want a horror-comedy movie he happens to be in to tie in with the Evil Dead franchise. I'm fine if they throw a fun little nod or reference, but I'd prefer this stand out as its own thing.

I don't know. I like Evil Dead and I love Bruce Campbell, but I wouldn't necessarily want a horror-comedy movie he happens to be in to tie in with the Evil Dead franchise. I'm fine if they throw a fun little nod or reference, but I'd prefer this stand out as its own thing.
That's all I really meant it as. Just a "Hey wait!" moment for those in the know, not officially connected in any way.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gonna assume that song choice means Buzz is bi
I mean, it makes sense. In the distant future (according to Haldeman's Forever War), cultural norms shift to homosexuality as a default to help with overpopulation issues.

(In fact the pendulum swings SO far in the other direction that heterosexuality is viewed as perverse enough to end someone's military career, but I digress)

I mean, it makes sense. In the distant future (according to Haldeman's Forever War), cultural norms shift to homosexuality as a default to help with overpopulation issues.

(In fact the pendulum swings SO far in the other direction that heterosexuality is viewed as perverse enough to end someone's military career, but I digress)
I think I've got that book lying around but I haven't read it yet

Edit: yep

IMG_20211027_180224919.jpg

It's a decent read. It's largely informed by the author's experiences with Vietnam, and focuses a lot on how fucked up war is and its dehumanizing effect.
I had a grandfather who was a vietnam vet but he died before I had any memories. Thought of him when I bought it

This looks...fine, I guess? I'm about as interested in this as I was the first Venom (which was barely at all). Might see it if it pops on Netflix or something. Not a fan of Jared Leto, either, who confuses method acting with harassment.

This looks...fine, I guess? I'm about as interested in this as I was the first Venom (which was barely at all). Might see it if it pops on Netflix or something. Not a fan of Jared Leto, either, who confuses method acting with harassment.
Venom was hilarious. I was laughing at something awkward in almost every minute. More superhero movies should be tryhard edgy but really goofy

Venom was hilarious. I was laughing at something awkward in almost every minute. More superhero movies should be tryhard edgy but really goofy
I wasn't crazy about Venom, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was all that great, either. The big fight looked like two barely identifiable blobs of CG mashing up against each other. (A similar criticism I have about, say, the Michael Bay Transformers movies)

I wasn't crazy about Venom, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was all that great, either. The big fight looked like two barely identifiable blobs of CG mashing up against each other. (A similar criticism I have about, say, the Michael Bay Transformers movies)
I've only seen it once bc a rewatch will never be as enjoyable. I'm not saying it's a good movie but it is a great experience with the right mindset

I saw somewhere that people were confused as this movie references all three different Spider-man film series.
I didn't really notice that honestly. The newspaper mentions "Rhino" but also something about a zoo hoax so maybe it's just a regular rhino.
I assume Michael Keaton is still playing Vulture which means this is taking place in the MCU.
The Daily Bugle being a newspaper seems odd as Far From Home seemed to establish it as an Alex Jones-esq show.
Morbius mentions Venom, but since this movie comes out after No Way Home I'm guessing we're going to get confirmation that Venom has moved to the MCU (based on end credits of Let There be Carnage) and has been active for a while.

I've also heard this referred to online as "The Fly, but with bats." I remember the character, but didn't follow him in the comics, so I don't know enough of his backstory/origin/character/whatever to know if the movie is doing him justice.
I assume Michael Keaton is still playing Vulture which means this is taking place in the MCU.
Either that, or it's a "Bat Man" reference.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Wow! That shows almost nothing about the show and ABSOLUTELY nothing about the Upside Down! I'm impressed.