[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Eh, it looks like a clusterfuck. I'll put ten bucks that says most villains in that trailer will have less than a minute of screen time.

Kinda surprised by the lack of Tobey McGuire or Andrew Garfield. In what I assume is the final big trailer before the movie releases, I would have though they'd pull the trigger on one or both of them. Which, honestly, I'm okay they didn't because it will make actually seeing them for the first time an actual treat and surprise. Well, as much as surprise as it's the worst kept secret in modern movie history.

I'm still down for this. I was down for this with the first trailer. Digging Elector's new look; it's a major upgrade from "Not Dr. Manhattan." Sandman's appearance is a good surprise. Like Frank said, I imagine most of these villains will get a hiccup of screen time, probably in the big finale. I'll bet most of the narrative is focused on Peter/Dr Strange.

Kinda surprised by the lack of Tobey McGuire or Andrew Garfield. In what I assume is the final big trailer before the movie releases, I would have though they'd pull the trigger on one or both of them. Which, honestly, I'm okay they didn't because it will make actually seeing them for the first time an actual treat and surprise. Well, as much as surprise as it's the worst kept secret in modern movie history.

I'm still down for this. I was down for this with the first trailer. Digging Elector's new look; it's a major upgrade from "Not Dr. Manhattan." Sandman's appearance is a good surprise. Like Frank said, I imagine most of these villains will get a hiccup of screen time, probably in the big finale. I'll bet most of the narrative is focused on Peter/Dr Strange.
It feels like the majority of villain time will be on Doc Ock and perhaps Green Goblin. The others will likely appear before the finale as Spider-man tracks down each of then and then they will all be released together for a spectacular final confrontation at the Statue of Lib... Captain America. If Toby and Andrew will be in the film that is likely where they will appear, and why the trailer isn't going to spoil them. It would be like if the Endgame trailer spoiled Cap picking up Thor's hammer.
Other predictions:
* The villains are pulled from just before they would die in their own universes. Though this doesn't explain why Doc Ock seems to know this, unless Dr. Strange told him.
* The box that Spidey steals from Strange will be the magic prison where they are keeping the ones they have captured. After Mysterio's death he can't bring himself to let something like that happen to anyone else, so he doesn't want to send them back.
* Doc Ock, though likely liberated by the other villains, will turn on them and fight alongside Spidey in the finale.
* Venom will likely be another big surprise inclusion. We know he's coming based on the end credits of Let there be Carnage, but they obviously want to save him for another awesome reveal in the film. He may end up helping in the finale, or he just might be an end-credit cameo.
* The trailer also doesn't show Matt Murdock as Peter's lawyer. So that's going to be a fun cameo reveal.

They seem to be setting up Doc Oc to be a more sympathetic character, so he'll probably get the lion's share of the villains' screen time.
Spider-Man 2 is one of the best in all of the Spidey films thus far just because of how wonderfully sympathetic Doc Ock was.

I'll put ten bucks that says most villains in that trailer will have less than a minute of screen time.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Each of these villains already had entire solo movies to hash out their personalities, their motivations, etc. It's like when Sony/MCU decided to skip Peter's original story this time: "We know, WE KNOW-just get into it!".

The thing that got me curious is who they will reveal as the "Magic Black Suit" Spider-Man. My best guess is it's still Tom, but his Iron Spider suit got overloaded by Electro's powers and so Doctor Strange gave him a magically altered suit to fight Electro. The two scenes he appears in show him both fighting with Electro and standing and doing some magic stuff while Electro charges up.

We knew he was going to fight Doctor Strange so I was really leaning on the Evil Doctor Strange idea, but then What If? ended with Strange Supreme redeeming himself, and I didn't expect them to pull out another Doctor Strange, so I was stumped. It's good we are getting a better picture now. Peter now knows that once he sends the villains back to their universes, they will be killed, and so he literally wants to save the villains, to save "everyone". (Wait didn't The Lizard and Sandman survive their movies?)

One thing I find interesting is that they changed up the design of Electro (No longer blue and glowy) but seemed to keep the rest of the villains mostly intact, including Green Goblin having his original movie suit.

I wonder if they are pushing for the Sinister Six in Spider-Man, though. We have Electro, Doc Ock, Sandman (also a sympathetic villain), Green Goblin, and supposedly a CG version of the Lizard. One more and it is six.

Don't watch this trailer.

If you DO watch this trailer, make sure you have another, better trailer lined up to watch afterwards because your eyeballs will definitely want a good scrubbing.

--Patrick

New poster for Sonic 2

1638993304630.png

No, wait, sorry.

1638993326378.png

I had a lot of fun with the first one after the roller coaster that was the initial trailer and that poster is pushing all the right nostalgia buttons. Trailer likely for tomorrow apparently.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
The most interesting part of this trailer for Hotel Transylvania: Transformania is that it seems to have switched from being a theatrical release over to being a "Prime Original".

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

I just realized I've yet to see the first one, aside from some clips on YouTube. Heard it was surprisingly not terrible. This looks like more of the same kind of fun.

Reactions: Far
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

I just realized I've yet to see the first one, aside from some clips on YouTube. Heard it was surprisingly not terrible. This looks like more of the same kind of fun.

The first one was quite enjoyable and surprisingly low-stakes. This one definitely ups the ante. I'm excited.

My son has been obsessed with Sonic lately. I *think* it was because of the first movie. But he's playing the games (he just beat Sonic 2), and he watches Sonic Boom almost daily (which I prefer SO MUCH over when he was watching Sonic X, which is awful.) Anyway, I mention this because the second he realizes a) there's going to be a second movie, and b) this trailer is out, there's no way I'm getting out of going to see this movie.

My son has been obsessed with Sonic lately. I *think* it was because of the first movie. But he's playing the games (he just beat Sonic 2), and he watches Sonic Boom almost daily (which I prefer SO MUCH over when he was watching Sonic X, which is awful.) Anyway, I mention this because the second he realizes a) there's going to be a second movie, and b) this trailer is out, there's no way I'm getting out of going to see this movie.
Get him the old school Sonic Sat AM series. That thing was pretty damn good for 90s tv.

Get him the old school Sonic Sat AM series. That thing was pretty damn good for 90s tv.
That's one of the only ones he hasn't found yet. I used to like that one myself. He did find the "Looney Tunes"-esque Sonic that aired at the same time.

That's one of the only ones he hasn't found yet. I used to like that one myself. He did find the "Looney Tunes"-esque Sonic that aired at the same time.
Well that's a blessing in a very good disguise.
Without that series I'm sure the kiddo would have already perished in a tragic clothes dryer accident.