[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

My father-in-law is named Dave. Come to think of it, I know a lot of Daves.

The worst names for me though are Eric, Mike, and Tom. I know like ten Erics, including my brother-in-law. Have been best friends with multiple Mikes, and when I worked for a company long ago I worked under three different guys named Tom, all at once.

TooManyDaves.png

Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave
Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?
Well, she did. And that wasn’t a smart thing to do.
You see, when she wants one and calls out, “Yoo-Hoo!
Come into the house, Dave!” she doesn’t get one.
All twenty-three Daves of hers come on the run!
This makes things quite difficult at the McCaves’
As you can imagine, with so many Daves.
And often she wishes that, when they were born,
She had named one of them Bodkin Van Horn
And one of them Hoos-Foos. And one of them Snimm.
And one of them Hot-Shot. And one Sunny Jim.
And one of them Shadrack. And one of them Blinkey.
And one of them Stuffy. And one of them Stinkey.
Another one Putt-Putt. Another one Moon Face.
Another one Marvin O’Gravel Balloon Face.
And one of them Ziggy. And one Soggy Muff.
One Buffalo Bill. And one Biffalo Buff.
And one of them Sneepy. And one Weepy Weed.
And one Paris Garters. And one Harris Tweed.
And one of them Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt
And one of them Oliver Boliver Butt
And one of them Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate …
But she didn’t do it. And now it’s too late.

Some of the... changes... feel a little weird.

While the Spartan program has always been something of a huge bend on moral ethics, there was never this subtext that they were conditioned to be unfeeling and unbending robot soldiers. This show seems to imply that Master Chief only regained his humanity by touching some Forerunner tech, so much so that that one woman is surprised a Spartan would care about her life.

Also, I understand CGI is expensive, but did they really need to make up some blonde human looking woman to be what appears to be a prophet of the Covenant?

Eh, in the end it does not look that bad, so maybe just being overly critical due to my nostalgia.

Some of the... changes... feel a little weird.

While the Spartan program has always been something of a huge bend on moral ethics, there was never this subtext that they were conditioned to be unfeeling and unbending robot soldiers. This show seems to imply that Master Chief only regained his humanity by touching some Forerunner tech, so much so that that one woman is surprised a Spartan would care about her life.

Also, I understand CGI is expensive, but did they really need to make up some blonde human looking woman to be what appears to be a prophet of the Covenant?

Eh, in the end it does not look that bad, so maybe just being overly critical due to my nostalgia.
Halo's lore was mostly nonsense. If anything ever needed judicious editing, it was Halo.

I'm not going to watch the series, but I kinda hope the last episode has an end credit scene that pans down to a base in a valley with two spartans standing on it and one goes "You ever wonder why we are here?"
If someone doesn't accuse someone else of being a gay robot, this entire series was a waste of money.

figmentPez

Staff member
Lightyear trailer 1

Is it just me or are all the gags involving the robot cat stolen from other robot companions. I swear I've seen the "I can make soothing ocean noises for you" joke before.

Twist ending, the Dad is Bruce Banner and "Adam" is actually Deadpool and this is how Marvel brings him into the MCU.
He's teaming up with Gamora, and his mom is AU Elektra. If this doesn't end with a Marvel twist, it'll be a missed opportunity. :D

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized who else his parents are: this is the scifi sequel to 13 Going On 30. I wouldn't put it past Ryan.

Jurassic World: Dominion trailer 1

Great trailer, though it already has my head swimming on the end game of it all.
Anyone notice that later on a lot of the dinosaurs, including a raptor, had feathers? Considering the whole premise is that dinosaurs and humans can't continue to coexist, and that one living will lead to the extinction of the other, I have a feeling the end game is going to be some sort of "hyper-evolution" virus that is going to force the dinosaurs to quickly evolve through the stages of their history until they become birds.

Great trailer, though it already has my head swimming on the end game of it all.
Anyone notice that later on a lot of the dinosaurs, including a raptor, had feathers? Considering the whole premise is that dinosaurs and humans can't continue to coexist, and that one living will lead to the extinction of the other, I have a feeling the end game is going to be some sort of "hyper-evolution" virus that is going to force the dinosaurs to quickly evolve through the stages of their history until they become birds.
1644604266691.png

1644604274019.png

Or maybe they just used less frog DNA so the dinos are more accurate to their original phenotype.