[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Robots
(Theatrical release: May 19)

This looks like a lot of fun. I don't know why, but it gives me similar vibes to Palm Springs. Not in the premise, but the vibes it gives.

The Little Merbot
There's a book called Save the Cat that is supposed to tell you how to write a good story...there's a screenplay version too. It's got formula and beat sheets for what moments to have, and when to have them. Since reading it, I can always spot the "all is lost" moment in movies now, just before they turn it around for the big climax.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of movies synced up like this. There's a lot of formula that goes into making an American blockbuster.

I didn't see the first Meg, but this one apparently has Jason Statham kicking a giant prehistoric shark in the face, so I feel like I'm morally obligated to see it.

Man, that looks like a hoot.

Shame the creator (who also worked on the script) is a anti-LGBTQ Conservative bigot who donated large sums to multiple Republicans, including Donald Trump. So I won't be seeing it.
The wiki only mentions that he made a respectful post about confirming he donated to Republican parties, and that LGBTQ activists responded negatively to it, but doesn’t list the anti-LGBTQ statements he made. Could you link them?

The wiki only mentions that he made a respectful post about confirming he donated to Republican parties, and that LGBTQ activists responded negatively to it, but doesn’t list the anti-LGBTQ statements he made. Could you link them?
He's never made a specific statement, but he donated to multiple Republicans who went out of their way to show their bigotry, not just LGBTQ, but minorities, women, etc. There's no way he didn't know. This isn't some honest mistake. In some cases, he donated the maximum amount to donate to a political member. He did this knowingly with multiple Republicans, despite the things they've said and done. Pence, as a senator, introduced the religious freedom act for his state, which gave employers freedom not to hire LGBTQ people because it went against their religion.

He can give all the flowery positive talk he wants. It's meaningless if his actions don't follow that. His statement was basically a "sorry you were offended" non-apology.

Cawthorn is also a very openly religious. His earliest games were edutainment games for teach Christian values. And I could probably count on one hand the number of "good Christians" who AREN'T bigoted in one or another.

Last edited:
They will have missed a great opportunity if they do this series and never have Perry White pound his desk and exclaim, “I want pictures of Superman!“

—Patrick

Insidious: The Red Door
(Theatrical release: July 7)

Even though I wouldn't rank them high among my favourite horror flicks, I've dug the heck out of the Insidious franchise. I'm very happy to see we're getting another one. And possibly the final one, going by the advertising.