[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

This trailer reminds me SO much of Operation Fortune, right down to where it is synced to an “updated” classic hit.

—Patrick

The Iron Claw
(Theatrical release: December 22, 2023)

The Von Erich family story is one of the biggest, and most heartbreaking stories in wrestling business. On the one hand, I kinda wish this was a TV show instead, to let the story breathe. On the other hand, this looks amazing and I can't wait to see it.

I'm cautiously optimistic. They're apparently leaving out Chris Von Erich entirely and he's an important part of that story.

The Iron Claw
(Theatrical release: December 22, 2023)

The Von Erich family story is one of the biggest, and most heartbreaking stories in wrestling business. On the one hand, I kinda wish this was a TV show instead, to let the story breathe. On the other hand, this looks amazing and I can't wait to see it.

This was the market I grew up in. It was tragic how they died. More tragic that it was all covered up.

figmentPez

Staff member
Lisa Frankenstein an 80's pop culture aesthetic, horror romance comedy, directed by Zelda Williams (daughter of Robin Williams) and written by Diablo Cody.

Well, color me intrigued.

Other than the theme song and cut scenes, I don't remember anything about that show. As for the movie, what's the plot? The stuntman has to find the lead actor who has gone missing?

Other than the theme song and cut scenes, I don't remember anything about that show. As for the movie, what's the plot? The stuntman has to find the lead actor who has gone missing?
In the show Lee Mayors plays a stunt man who works as a bounty hunter as a side gig to make money.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Awkward title aside (as has been the case for this series), another one I absolutely need to see.

I'm a bit iffy on this one. I thought the trilogy was nicely wrapped up, so I'm not sure if more films are necessary.

The visuals look very good though.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Holy shit, I didn't know they were already working on a sequel, let alone that production on it was this far ahead.

I liked the previous one. Liked it, didn't love it. But I liked it enough that I'd be down for a sequel. And here we are. This looks like a lot of fun. I'm curious to see how good it is now that they won't rely so much on nostalgia.

Last edited: