[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Info on the new PIXAR Short to be played before The Good Dinosaur, Sanjay's Super Team!

The seven-minute short begins with young Sanjay watching cartoons and eating cereal in a bland, beige room as his father jingles a bell, beckoning him to join in meditation. Reluctant and bored by the ceremony, Sanjay begins daydreaming a kind of ancient, Hindu version of “The Avengers,” with the gods appearing like superheroes. As the daydream progresses, the color, light and animation of the film grows increasingly dazzling and cosmic, and Sanjay grows closer to understanding his father’s inner world.

I never stopped being amazed Disney makes Gravity Falls. That was exciting, and I loved the Insanity Bubble jokes.

Also,
damn, Gideon. And where the hell is Stan?!?

Don Bluth (of An American Tail, Anastasia, Secret of NIMH, and many others) wants to do a Dragon's Lair movie. You might remember Dragon's Lair as being a Quick-time-event game from the late 80's/early 90's featuring Dirk the Daring as he tried to rescue his princess. Had some sequels.

And I remember people remembering it! HA-I'm the young one.

Any crazzle bedazzles, anyone watching "The Awesomes"? REALLY good this season, and went in some directions I did NOT see coming.

Don Bluth (of An American Tail, Anastasia, Secret of NIMH, and many others) wants to do a Dragon's Lair movie. You might remember Dragon's Lair as being a Quick-time-event game from the late 80's/early 90's featuring Dirk the Daring as he tried to rescue his princess. Had some sequels.
This isn't going anywhere.

On topic, the last two episodes of South Park were pretty terrible.

Again, I thought last night's South Park was pretty good, if only because they went the extra mile and had the fans send in the Tweak/Craig yaoi fanart. It took what was a kind of odd joke and turned it into something completely off the rails weird.

Again, I thought last night's South Park was pretty good, if only because they went the extra mile and had the fans send in the Tweak/Craig yaoi fanart. It took what was a kind of odd joke and turned it into something completely off the rails weird.
Yeah, I liked last nights episode too. Its been a good season when they don't stop the episode to preach their views to the audience.

ADVENTURE TIME!

Good start to the season, especially-
Finn and Jake's growing uncomfortableness with working for the one true Princess of Ooo. He is a scoundrel. And while a bit rushed, it was sweet seeing Bonnie and Neddy together as brother and sister.

And that was season 3 of The Awesome, DAMN I love this show, great characters, good(not great but good) humor, just a damn good series...so how the hell are the people behind "Late Night with Seth Meyers" behind it? Just saying, there's a big gap in quality.

Adventure Time: Cherry Cream Soda

Well...that was darker than I expected, and I expected it to be PRETTY dark considering I knew it would be about CCSG's grief.
So RBG and CCSG were married...shortly after their creation. How...how did PB not see that taking a dark side? And god damn, what the fuck Starchy? He nuts.

Phineas and Ferb: The OWCA Files

Ain't the best P&F special, but it was still damn good, and Paul Reubens was the bad-guy so that was fun.

Adventure Time: Stakes

Great start to it, get to see more of Marcy's past, Rebecca Sugar, and that great mix of simplistic and elaborate character designs that make this series great.

Also if you haven't seen any of Wander Over Yonder season two, watch like a handful of season one episodes, watch ALL of season two, and be AMAZED! The black cube of Darkness episode...it was just damn great.

I gotta say, as much as I didn't like some of the earlier episodes, I've really been enjoying this season of south park.

I don't know if anyone else follows Alex Hirsch on Twitter, but he just announced that these last two episodes would be the series finale for GravityFalls !
It's nice to know it was his call and not cancelled, but it still makes me really sad. :(

EDIT: You can read the entire announcement here.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO/I'm okay with this. I feel BOTH those emotions at the same time, now the DVD set won't be three boxes that look like Journals! GRAH!

I don't know if anyone else follows Alex Hirsch on Twitter, but he just announced that these last two episodes would be the series finale for GravityFalls !
It's nice to know it was his call and not cancelled, but it still makes me really sad. :(

EDIT: You can read the entire announcement here.
I'm not surprised it's the end. Really, there isn't much else they can do over a single summer... the only option would be to have them come back NEXT summer and do a different mystery or to do something with some of the other people in town (which would be fine, but it should be under a different title, sort of like Korra was). But if we're getting a finale, I can live with that.

As sad as it is that Gravity Falls is coming to an end, it at least seems like it's ending on Alex's terms and that we can safely say that it's been a quality ride from start to finish.

I understand why it ends, the only option story wise is if they were to have the twins in *shutter* middle school, where season 1-3 Buffy hijinx would happen, and wouldn't feel NEARLY as cool as the first two.

As per my usual drunk self I saw the latest eps of South Park...I am confused whether I like this season or not. I mean yeah, the plot twist was kinda neat, but even so to me it doesn't really make up for the ABSOLUTELY unenjoyable parts of this season.

Adventure Time- Stakes
Really enjoyed this mini-series, especially
because there's no more KOO! About time! (well, except for the crawling lump, but whatevs.

And favorite line "MONARCHY IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!" You go, PB!

Adventure Time- Stakes
Really enjoyed this mini-series, especially
because there's no more KOO! About time! (well, except for the crawling lump, but whatevs.

And favorite line "MONARCHY IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!" You go, PB!
YOSH- finally I can talk about it with someone here!

My favorite part about this mini-series, was the subject of ROLES! How even though characters may quit the roles they were given, the roles themselves will stay, as if in a never ending play that's been going on since dinosaur times.

YOSH- finally I can talk about it with someone here!

My favorite part about this mini-series, was the subject of ROLES! How even though characters may quit the roles they were given, the roles themselves will stay, as if in a never ending play that's been going on since dinosaur times.
Agreed. Not just for Marceline,but PB, Ice King, even the Vampire King..