[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

I know no one probably cares, but the slow march to the end of physical media continues as Sony consolidates their operations into single facilities.

GasBandit

Staff member
So the dubs for the last 3 episodes of Zom100 finally hit but I have no real motivation to watch them because youtube thumbnails for reactors in my recommendations feed spoiled me on the plot.

So the dubs for the last 3 episodes of Zom100 finally hit but I have no real motivation to watch them because youtube thumbnails for reactors in my recommendations feed spoiled me on the plot.
They're fine, for what it's worth. I'd watch Season 2, if it ever comes out.

16 Bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11

Wow, that got dark. I didn't expected that sudden turn. Of course the alternate 2023 is not all sunshine and rainbows and is a dystopia. But we already saw that in episode 10 with Fate/Gears of Order and american Saber lol;).
The sudden genre shift is not so weird however. A anime about visual novels with time travel will get wild with its plot twists.

Lot's of references this time too. Konoha remembers her first day in Akihabara and we see light novel volumes of Re:Zero, Konosuba, Konobi and Netoge no Yome, Posters for Love Live!, Girls and Panzer and the PS4 version of Persona 5.
View attachment 46841
View attachment 46842
This episode was also topical with the usage of A.I. in game develpment and the debate artist vs. A.I. . I guess Mamoru's solution with a local database and no access to the internet could prevent art theft but I doubt it's very practical in real life. He also points out something crucial. While A.I. can create impressive results it lacks passion. It creates but has no reason to do so. In the alternate 2023 the use of A.I. became a industry standart and while many games are produced they feel off. Like they are in an uncanny valley for games.

Two episodes left. I guess the kidnapping plot will be resolved next episode and in episode 13 Konoha try to fix the timeline back in 1999.
16 Bit Sensation: Another Layer
Somehow I forgot to write my thoughts about the last two episodes and the show as a whole.

Like I guessed, episode 12 resolved the kidnapping with the help of aliens. Episode 13 shows how they "fix" the timeline. However we don't see what Konoha did in 1999. In the end she returns back to 2023 with a fixed Akihabara how it's known with some differences. Like holographic advertisement and the PC-98 still exist with its newest revision of the PC-98ZX.

Overall it's a good show and a love letter to visual novels but with a bit of uneven pacing. I think the ending is a bit rushed and they should have needed more episodes. However even though I like the show I don't think they has enough content for 24 epidodes.

While I recommend it I understand if others thinks it's to nichè or think the main characters voice is grating. I have the anime on my to buy list if it ever gets a physical release.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm a bit late to the party here, but here's Gigguk's top 13 of 2023.

13. Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
12. The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
11. Trigun Stampede
10. Oshi no Ko
9: The Eminence in Shadow
8: Attack on Titan
7: Skip and Loafer
6: Heavenly Delusion
5: The Apothecary Diaries
4: Pluto
3: Jujutsu Kaisen S2
2: Frieren: Beyond Journey's End