[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

We started watching Sailor Moon, it is really really dumb, but I have fallen madly in love with the concept as originally presented! The idea that the hero is a geeky 14 year old girl who is not real smart, clever, or brave is amazing to me. When the show was dubbed in english sailor moon existed as barbie expy as far as I can remember. We are only on about episode 15 but I am mos def looking for a good deal on the rest.

I also watched the first half of Eureka Seven:Astral Ocean which is off the hook crazy awesome. Full of pseudo-philosophy, romance, and GIANT ROBOT ACTION, the show is a continuation of everything I loved about the original. The appearance of materials from the first shows settings and the arrival of old friends near the mid-point reminds me why the whole world is so great. I don't know how I am going to wait until october for the second half to come out!

Attack on Titan: Holy shit, I gotta watch more of this. I don't think I've watched a new anime in a long time. The production values are impressive.

Completely hooked on Fairy Tail. Devoured episodes 1-77 already in the last week, with the next 100 to go. Haven't been this into a shonen battle series in a long time.

Been amused by the antics of the crew in Servant x Service. It's based on a 4koma (like Lucky Star), focusing on civil servants at their work. I've only seen about 4 or 5 eps or so, but it's amusing, light and fluffy. Just the thing when Attack on Titan has run me through the wringer for the week.

Also, if y'all haven't seen Space Brothers (Uchuu Kyoudai), it is definitely worth a watch. Non-tropic characters, actual character growth, a stimulating storyline about two brothers who promise each other that they will go to the Moon as astronauts... it's a fantastic story. And at (I think) 75 eps now, it'll keep you going for a while.

Servant x Service is hilarious. If you like that, check out Working! season 1 and 2 (it was released as Wagnaria! in the US). Same idea, but restaurant work instead of civil service.

I had heard that about Working! - I will have to check it out... I didn't know that it had been released under a different name. I watch my animes through Crunchyroll, so I'll see if it's there.

So I thought I'd toss this in here as I know some of you are fans of Attack on Titan. My wife is making Attack on Titan mugs and selling them for $35 (free shipping U.S., add $10 for international shipping). Mugs hold 16oz and are fairly hefty.

So yeah, there's that :)

I hit episode 14 of Attack on Titan, was ready to rock out to the awesome opening ... and then they changed the opening to some lame whimsical shit.

:( Show's still good, but damn.

So watched Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, Pretty neat show with great characters, Usagi Tsukino(Sailor Moon) is probably one of my new favorite main characters of all time. She is a whiny, crybaby 14 year old girl who just wants to play video games and read comics. The show is really dumb, its much like junk food, you don't really want to eat it all, but you can't stop. The ending of season 1 was kind of depressing, but season 2 which I am working on right now seems to be full of shenanigans of all kinds. I also started watching Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wings. I need to start from the beginning because I was falling asleep and confused about what was happening.

Attack on Titan

Arrrrgh why must this show cliffhanger so often?! I'm almost out of episodes because it keeps fucking pushing me.

And it's almost over too.

So did anyone else not know at all that they made a sequel to the Lilo and Stitch cartoon in Japan a few years ago? Its based ten years after the original series and Lilo isn't in it...not much of a selling point I'll admit but the animation does look REALLY good so I'm probly keepin' it on my list.

So did anyone else not know at all that they made a sequel to the Lilo and Stitch cartoon in Japan a few years ago? Its based ten years after the original series and Lilo isn't in it...not much of a selling point I'll admit but the animation does look REALLY good so I'm probly keepin' it on my list.
It's not a sequel series so much as one made for a Japanese audience. Stitch! takes place in Okinawa and has Japanese Yokai instead of experiments to track down and has a Japanese girl instead of a Native Hawaiian. I've only seen like one episode but I didn't feel like it captured the spirit of ether the show or the movie so I didn't bother watching the rest. It only had a VERY short run on Disney XD before they just stopped showing it.

I'm kinda pissed... the whole reason I got Toon Disney (before it was Disney XD) was to watch the old classic shows like Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Quack Pack, Tale Spin, and Gummi Bears... but they axed all of that when they stopped showing more than 2-3 cartoons of Disney proper and made it into a fucking tween channel. Now Disney XD gets new stuff sure... but I kinda wanted to watch the classic stuff.

For fucks sake, they don't even air Gargoyles anymore!

Well, in the sense that a season ends at 26. They're pretty much following the manga exactly, and they're a loooong way from catching up still.

Hey @Krisken, how long is your wife likely to be making those (or is it as-ordered)? Considering as Xmas presents.
Good question! I'll give her a call and find out for you :)[DOUBLEPOST=1380306800,1380306297][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, here's what she told me-

She has sold 4 but has built 3 extra and doesn't know how long they will stay being 'extra' (these are all waiting to be fired and glazed). She can, of course, make more, but it would be best to order by November to account for bisk and glaze firings of the piece and shipping times.

Hope that answered your question @SpecialKO and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Well, in the sense that a season ends at 26. They're pretty much following the manga exactly, and they're a loooong way from catching up still.
Oh, it's gonna be one of those anime.

In that case, I hope it stays good. I'll just have to be patient. I was hoping it'd keep going, there's no way they could answer all the mysteries in just a couple more episodes.

I'm hoping they don't choke on their own mysteries like the X-Files or Lost or other shows like that did. They're not doing reveals in the same way, so I'm hopeful for now, but I always worry when it's shows I like that do that.

There aren't so many mysteries that it would get choked, I think. X-Files just kept adding on layer after layer, when you could probably count Attack on Titan's on one hand.

What's in the Jaegar basement, who are the others who can transform into Titans, why are they destroying the Walls, and where do the Titans come from. I think that's about it. My own pondering is whether there are more human civilizations beyond the Wall, maybe one with more answers. For all I know, one of those might have been answered in the manga already. Not that I want to know :p.

I like that the show isn't trying to jam in a section of story into one or two episodes, but allowing each "event" to play out for however long it needs. I'm amazed how many episodes they allowed for the Battle of Trost.

I'm caught up now; just watched episode 24.

Took Eren long enough to get his shit together. I feel like someone isn't going to survive this. Whoever transforms into the Colossal Titan must use a tremendous amount of energy just kicking in a Wall gate, otherwise he would trounce through all of humanity.

Eren is mentally such a mess, I don't think he's capable of seeing that the reason Mikasa and Armin do what they do and try so hard is because they love him. Not in the shipping way that the anime crazies on Tumblr see, but in that they're old friends and they've survived the same tragedies together. I think it's beyond Eren to see how devoted they are to him, even while he's devoted to them.

Having just finished episode 25, I see what you mean.

There's a fucking Titan in the wall?! WHAT THE FUCK?!

Dammit, it's probably gonna be a year or so before the next season. Damn, damn, damn.

Dammit, it's probably gonna be a year or so before the next season. Damn, damn, damn.
I'm crossing my fingers for it being less and that they won't wait for the manga to get a full season ahead before starting production. Going by how long they've spent on particular episodes, I'm guessing the manga is half-to-two-thirds of a season ahead at this point.

I'm crossing my fingers for it being less and that they won't wait for the manga to get a full season ahead before starting production. Going by how long they've spent on particular episodes, I'm guessing the manga is half-to-two-thirds of a season ahead at this point.
They seemed to cover several volumes of the manga in this. Judging by the creator's intent for the manga to end at 20 volumes, we'd be looking at roughly three seasons for the anime (if content to episodes ratio is the same). Hopefully it won't be too long, but I wouldn't expect to see season 2 before summer 2014, if we're lucky.

make sure to feed the "Merch" if you want more.
I would, but the only thing I know that benefits directly is the manga. It's hard to tell whether shirts and such are made officially or by fans.

More thoughts: I love how this show can present you with what seems to be a pretty unlikeable cliche of a character and then change your mind, either through character growth (Jean) or through getting to know them better (Levi). I love how some characters are dealing with various levels of trauma and yet they keep fucking trying, even though the humans in this show lose. They lose often.

I don't know if I can wait for next season. On the other hand, I'm not sure how much money I want to spend on manga or if I have the patience to read from right to left. I've never read manga before, but anytime I see a panel from one, I start off reading the western way, and then reverse after realizing it makes no sense. I'm also not sure if I can just pick up where the anime left off or if there are details that were left out and I need to go back and read the volumes the anime already covers.

World Trigger: Pretty good sci-fi battle shonen, wordy though but good.

Donyatsu: In a post-apocalyptic world the only living survivors...are adorable have animal half snack food creatures. Did Pen Ward write this?

Anyone notice,in cooking animes, the person who server his/her meal first will 99% of the time lose the match.
And depending on how early the manga/toon is, said person is overly competitive, really mean, and is bound to say something like "There is no such a highly skilled chef as I could lose!".

Cooking animes are a thing?
There are anime and mange about just about everything: sports, detective work, cooking, religious stuff, and even government sponsored mange to inform people about things like America and Japan's joint defense treaty or train safety. It's not a genre... it's a medium.

Lots of great stuff so far in the new season. A bit too tired to get into a lot of detail, but Gundam Build, Unbreakable Machine Doll, Outbreak Company and Kyoukai no Kanata are pulling ahead as my favorites so far.

Hey @Krisken, how long is your wife likely to be making those (or is it as-ordered)? Considering as Xmas presents.
She's got 4 left now. I'll keep ya updated on if/when supplies run out.

Edit: 3 left.

Last edited:
Dunno if any of you visit /a/ much, but the author of Log Horizon just did a Q&A session there out of nowhere. Was pretty cool and seems like a genuinely awesome guy.[DOUBLEPOST=1382401924,1382401788][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Log Horizon is really, really fun and the OP is boss.

DATABASE DATABASE WOOOOOOOOW WOW