Export thread

Things you just don't get

GasBandit

GasBandit

In this thread, we sound off about things people do that you "just don't get." Like, you can't fathom why people make an informed, premeditated decision to "__________."

I'll start. Ear gauges. Yes, let's put holes in our earlobes and then stretch those holes so big that the hole will have a hole. I saw a picture of some poor schmuck who had a padlock (unwillingly) put through his ear gauge, and even though I know it was a reprehensible act of assault, I couldn't help but feel a swelling of schadenfreude. I mean... EAR GAUGES. W. T. F. What's next, stretching our eyelids over time so that they can close all the way down over our cheeks, then flippityflappityflap up like a yanked rolling shade?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't get ear guages either.

I really don't get the appeal of scrapbooking. Everyone tried to get me to do it in college. I can barely wrap my head around putting too much energy into taking pictures (special occasions, yes, but I don't capture every little thing). Why spend so much time and money on cute-ing up memorabilia when it's enough on its own. Do you have to look at hobby lobby stickers to truly enjoy the memory of high school graduation?

Adam

Adam

Ugh, ear gauges, ugh.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Count me amongst the ugh, eargages crowd.

May as well just rename the thread to "Ugh, ear gauges. I mean, WTF?"

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Only thing weirder than the ear gauge is the lip disk.

Dei

Dei

I don't get why my son does large digit subtraction from left to right instead of right to left. 0_o

Dave

Dave

Is that common core bullshit?

Null

Null

I don't get Daniel Tosh's career. It's like Comedy Central wanted a guy who was less funny than Dane Cook or Carlos Mencia, and was willing to work for floor sweepings as long as he got to be a misogynist prick on camera. I understand humor needs to push the limits, but there's a difference between crossing the line, and just being abusive, and that's basically the difference between Louis CK's standup and Daniel Tosh's work. Well, that and a metric asston of talent.

Dave

Dave

I liked early Tosh but he grew stale pretty fast to me. Well, that and I'd already seen 99% of the shit he showed.

Null

Null

I liked early Tosh but he grew stale pretty fast to me. Well, that and I'd already seen 99% of the shit he showed.
There is that. "Oh, here's a clip you already saw 2 weeks ago, and I'm going to say something stupid and kind of cruel about it. And repeat."

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tosh always came across as a guy who was trying way too hard to be shocking. It got to be boring.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I don't understand resistance to change that hurts no one.

Dave

Dave

:rofl:

I could have posted this 1000x in the last 5 years.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

In my profession, IT, it is one of my major pet peeves. You will be shocked by how petty people can be about what they don't like. "In the past it was two clicks to do this function, now it is FOUR."[DOUBLEPOST=1410999512,1410999454][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't get girls in South Texas wearing Uggs with mini-skirts, during the summer.

Null

Null

Another thing I didn't get: Darren Aranofsky's "NOAH". Just... what? Mutant Ents, baddies right out of an episode of Hercules the Legendary Journals, bafflingly bad and overused CGI, and not a single likable character?

Celt Z

Celt Z

People who think the internet gives them a free-pass to be cruel. Even if I can't see them, I always remember there is another person on the receiving end of my comments/actions.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

In my profession, IT, it is one of my major pet peeves. You will be shocked by how petty people can be about what they don't like. "In the past it was two clicks to do this function, now it is FOUR."
Actually, it wouldn't shock me too much. I see the uproar going through my newsfeed whenever FB changes something. It's like it's the end of the world. Who gives a shit. You're still going to use their service.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of people who don't bother to broaden their horizons and it's just fine by them. Because it's always been this way. My hometown is full of these people. I don't get it at all. I have a friend from high school who still listens to the same music as she did when she was 15, roots for all the Philly teams because we're from South Jersey and that's what you do, has never been further away from home than Florida for vacation and then only went to Orlando, and the most exotic thing she's eaten is Chinese take out. There is so much out there! How can you be satisfied to live like that?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Facebook.

Maybe I'm just not a social person.

Jay

Jay

Another thing I didn't get: Darren Aranofsky's "NOAH". Just... what? Mutant Ents, baddies right out of an episode of Hercules the Legendary Journals, bafflingly bad and overused CGI, and not a single likable character?
What a terrible movie.

One thing I don't get... not vaccinating their children. It's absolutely shamefully stupid.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Facebook.

Maybe I'm just not a social person.
Truthfully if I wasn't lazy and would make myself regularly update a blog where I could post family pictures for my parents to see, I'd drop FB in a heartbeat.

Bowielee

Bowielee

What a terrible movie.

One thing I don't get... not vaccinating their children. It's absolutely shamefully stupid.
But Jenny Mcarthy says it causes autism, and as we all know, there's no greater authority on autism and vaccinations than the chick from Remote Control.

General Specific

General Specific

People hanging on to out dated beliefs in spite of a changed world/mountains of evidence to the contrary. I'm talking racism, sexism, and usually backward religious beliefs. Let me take my next breath to say that I do not believe all people of faith are backwards and dumb, just those that reject proven science out of hand or use religion as a blunt instrument to keep others under their thumb.

And oh yeah, ear gauges, I mean wtf, right? (I want to be popular too!)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

TruckNutz

What the fuck?

Bowielee

Bowielee

TruckNutz

What the fuck?
I had to fight the urge to follow one of these in a parking lot and straight up slice it off the truck.

I find it hilarious that the people who are putting these on their trucks don't realize that they're literalizing the old addage about a big vehicle being a substitute for their penis.[DOUBLEPOST=1411007036,1411006847][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and possibly as part of the impetus for this thread. I don't get the "left pizza with none beef" meme.

fade

fade

Edit maybe controversial

Simfers

Simfers

Save me a seat on the ear gauges not-getting-wagon. It's just... Why?

Another one would be those kids who wear their pants SUPER low. Like, not just low on the hips so you can maybe see a bit of underwear, but all the way past the half-way point of the buttocks (or even all the way past them). Who thought THAT was a good idea? Although seeing someone dressed like that trying to run to catch a bus was one of the most hilarious sights I have seen in my life. It was like a real-life Leslie Nielsen movie.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Edit maybe controversial
You can actually just delete the post :p

fade

fade

You can actually just delete the post :p
I know believe me. I do it too much. But I left it up there just long I thought someone might be angrily quoting it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I know believe me. I do it too much. But I left it up there just long I thought someone might be angrily quoting it.
I was quoting it, but not angrily, but yes, it was debating the point :p

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

In my profession, IT, it is one of my major pet peeves. You will be shocked by how petty people can be about what they don't like. "In the past it was two clicks to do this function, now it is FOUR."
I admit, this is something that would annoy me. That's twice as much work!

I don't get leggings. They look silly.

PatrThom

PatrThom

TruckNutz. What the fuck?
I've seen the ones that hang a couple of actual hexagonal nuts off a chain, also. We get it.
You know you can get them for your phone, right?
http://wonkette.com/415863/oh-heres...-this-it-isnt-even-funny-jesus-christ-come-on

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

People who abandon animals. Not "take them to the pound", just straight up dump them on the side of the road and expect them to fend for themselves. I want to take a crowbar to people who do that.

Shakey

Shakey

People who abandon animals. Not "take them to the pound", just straight up dump them on the side of the road and expect them to fend for themselves. I want to take a crowbar to people who do that.
This. My sister found and rehabilitated one of the best behaved, most loving dogs I've ever met, shot and abandoned in the woods. It's not like it costs any money to drop them off at a shelter. Give them a damn chance.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My old neighbor did this with a cat. All she talked about was wanting a kitten. She got one, it grew up, she never had it spayed, and she threw it outside. I tried to coax it to come to our house, but it was terrified of people. Which also says something since it had been an indoor cat all along. At any rate, the cat started using the spot under our dryer vent as a litterbox, so I ended up calling our housing office to report her and the Humane Society to come trap it. The neighbor got pissed at ME for reporting her.

Null

Null

Back to Comedy Central again, their terminology is strange. There's a new show on there called "The Meltdown", which is about a bunch of unfunny comedians doing live sets at a tiny comedy club. Seriously, in the one that's on now, the audience is yelling out better material than they're performing. The promotions refer to it as "a real comedy show taking place every week in a local comic shop"... that's not what that means. A 'comic shop' is general a store that sells comic books and related material, including role playing games, miniatures, etc. A 'comedy club' is what you call a club where comedians perform. That shouldn't be too fucking difficult.

GasBandit

GasBandit

People who think the internet gives them a free-pass to be cruel. Even if I can't see them, I always remember there is another person on the receiving end of my comments/actions.
Yeah really... uh... what kind of maladjusted arch-asshole would derive pleasure from metaphorically ripping into others via the internet.

klew

klew

But The Meltdown it a real comic book shop with a club on the premises. Sure, it's currently more famous for the comedy club and Nerdist links, but you can still shop for comic related goodness.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

What about change for no apparent reason? Some sites seem to change on a whim, changes which usually make them more difficult to use. My own pet hate is Flickr, which is now so difficult (For me that is, it might be an age thing!) that I seldom go there now.

fade

fade

In flickr's defense, they just went from one bad user interface to another in my opinion.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

In flickr's defense, they just went from one bad user interface to another in my opinion.
That's a defence?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I don't get expensive weddings, multiple blade razors, the diamond jewelry industry and the entire wine industry.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Limited uses game demos.

Are they really worried that people will just play the demo over and over instead of buying the game?

strawman

strawman

Ear gauges.
"I feel like something is missing in my life. You know what I think it is? There aren't enough holes in my head."

scrapbooking.
"If I add borders, stickers, and cutsie sayings to my pictures, maybe everyone will overlook how incredibly normal and boring my life is."

lip disk.
"I live in Ethiopia (in my head) and my lifelong dream is to appear in national geographic (or the cover of my favorite BME magazine)."

large digit subtraction from left to right
"I can subtract small numbers easily. It's faster to make a big number smaller by subtracting the largest number first."

Daniel Tosh's career.
"I'm the edgiest edger ever edged into the circuit. Edgy!"

resistance to change that hurts no one.
"My feelings are hurt."

----------

Welcome to stienman's 'splainomatic. The first 6 are free. Please insert additional ratings for more 'splaining.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I don't get leggings. They look silly.
HAaaaaa...I'm pretty much the worst offender of this!! And I actually agree - they look silly. But man..they are so comfortable.

And and...my Lord of the Rings ones (ahem..yes I have multiple pairs of LOTR leggings) are so cool! I will probably never stop wearing them.

I have a big collection and I probably have the most silly looking ones of all. I mean, black and yellow striped leggings with a huge Hufflepuff crest on the side is kind of out there. =^^=

LordRendar

LordRendar

Is this where all the old people come in to complain about stuff? ;)

Just Me

Just Me

And and...my Lord of the Rings ones (ahem..yes I have multiple pairs of LOTR leggings) are so cool! I will probably never stop wearing them.
Oh my, my gf's favorite sweaters...
Worn enough you can see through the faded fabric and slowly starting to get more holes than she can shake a needle at. But she swears them's more comfy than any other stuff.
;)
Also my fav woolen pullover I carry along and care for for up to 20 years now. It's a nice thin one, nice to be worn at home and not thick enough to brave the great outside.

Dei

Dei

LittleKagsin said:
HAaaaaa...I'm pretty much the worst offender of this!! And I actually agree - they look silly. But man..they are so comfortable. And and...my Lord of the Rings ones (ahem..yes I have multiple pairs of LOTR leggings) are so cool! I will probably never stop wearing them. I have a big collection and I probably have the most silly looking ones of all. I mean, black and yellow striped leggings with a huge Hufflepuff crest on the side is kind of out there. =^^=
I love leggings! They are so fun since they are "back in."

Cajungal

Cajungal

Letting the season dictate what colors you wear. I understand having your wardrobe organized by fabric weight when it comes to seasons, but not color. Seasons are not the boss of me. I will wear white whenever I want, which is never. But I've actually had people ask why I was wearing a "summery" pink outfit in late fall. I was wearing it because it was 75 degrees outside and it felt awesome. What do I care that it's November?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Wearing white after Labor Day is more manners than style. It was considered rude to flaunt that you could afford servants to do your laundry after celebrating the poor people that labor.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wearing white after Labor Day is more manners than style. It was considered rude to flaunt that you could afford servants to do your laundry after celebrating the poor people that labor.
So that's why it was a thing. Well... that should be over.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I like stockings/leggings.

not for myself you see, don't have the legs for it, but still...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik

Terrik

Oh.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

People that earnestly support politicians. I understand the leeches that want a piece of the power; they're just as bad as the politician. I despise politicians (from school board to Washington). I especially don't understand the folks that buy into the "cult of personality" thing. I am so disgusted by all of them and the system that propagates it.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Laid

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

1. Windows 8 "Metro" UI, seriously who the fuck thought this was a good idea, "Oh hey let's make it take 10 times longer to finder the thing you need in Windows, people will love it!!" whoever designed that should be fired and then fired again.

2. Cookie Monster vocals, "oooh, nice guitar/drum work....Rawwrrrwwweeoorrrgrrrowwlll... oh nevermind"

3. Ditto ear gauges, especially the younger ones who don't really take are of them... bleh.

4. Pretty much any fad of the lat 10 years, a benefit/detriment of getting past 50 I guess.

Null

Null

Letting the season dictate what colors you wear. I understand having your wardrobe organized by fabric weight when it comes to seasons, but not color. Seasons are not the boss of me. I will wear white whenever I want, which is never. But I've actually had people ask why I was wearing a "summery" pink outfit in late fall. I was wearing it because it was 75 degrees outside and it felt awesome. What do I care that it's November?
You're in Louisiana, you don't have seasons. You have "Summer, hotter Summer, Hurricane, lesser Summer"

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I "get" it, but I hate the Tumblr generation.

I swear to god I'm going to be only following like one or two people on Tumblr soon because the are the only people who don't post shit about being a goddamn trigender plantkin demisexual.

ERGHH, like -I- am a very understanding person! To each their own! But Tumblr PUSHES THAT. You're "demiromantic"? That means you're only romantically attracted to people you've formed a bond with first? GUESS GOD-DICKING-DAMNED WHAT, THAT'S WHAT A ROMANTIC ATTRACTION IS- AGHH

JUST

JESUS

EFF-TURDS.

"I'm genderfluid, which means I identify as a male sometimes, and a female sometimes, or maybe even other genders other times." *froths at the mouth* *twitches*

Oh, you're trigender, which means you identify as 3 genders? Get out.

Don't even get me started on ____kin. Oh, you're rabbit kin? You literally identify as a rabbit? I hope you die.

Terrik

Terrik

I swear to god I'm going to be only following like one or two people on Tumblr soon because the are the only people who doesn't post shit about being a goddamn trigender plantkin demisexual.

ERGHH, like -I- am a very understanding person! To each their own! But Tumblr PUSHES THAT. You're "demiromantic"? That means you're only romantically attracted to people you've formed a bond with first? GUESS GOD-DICKING-DAMNED WHAT, THAT'S WHAT A ROMANTIC ATTRACTION IS- AGHH

JUST

JESUS

EFF-TURDS.

"I'm genderfluid, which means I identify as a male sometimes, and a female sometimes, or maybe even other genders other times." *froths at the mouth* *twitches*

Don't even get me started on ____kin. Oh, you're rabbit kin? You literally identify as a rabbit? I hope you die.

There's acceptance and tolerance, and then there's rabbit-kin.

Dei

Dei

Also trigger warnings.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hope you die.
I ALONE AM BEST

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

What about change for no apparent reason? Some sites seem to change on a whim, changes which usually make them more difficult to use. My own pet hate is Flickr, which is now so difficult (For me that is, it might be an age thing!) that I seldom go there now.
If the change makes it more difficult, then that is something that hurts people who utilize the site. Rather than people constantly complaining and yet continuing to use the site, finding an alternative that is easier/better to use would make more sense to me.

IMO, whether it's a person, a company, a product or a website there is always a reason for change, even that reason is not obvious.

PatrThom

PatrThom

multiple blade razors
Two should be enough for anybody.

I don't get why certain foods are only appropriate for certain times of day.
"Oh, I can't eat pizza right now, it's breakfast time." Pizza makes an entirely serviceable breakfast thenkyewverymuch, pass it on down here if you don't want any.
"Cereal for dinner?" Yes cereal for dinner I'm equal parts hungry and lazy and I don't want to wash extra dishes *CRNCH* *CRNCH*

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

"Oh, I can't eat pizza right now, it's breakfast time." Pizza makes an entirely serviceable breakfast thenkyewverymuch, pass it on down here if you don't want any.
"Cereal for dinner?" Yes cereal for dinner I'm equal parts hungry and lazy and I don't want to wash extra dishes *CRNCH* *CRNCH*

--Patrick
When I was little I used to eat tuna salad for breakfast. My mom would make a sandwich for my dad and I'd eat the leftovers because I wanted the tuna instead of raisin bran. When I got older, and worked midnight shifts, I used to get up and eat cold Chinese food or leftover pizza. People thought it was weird, but I'd always tell them, "Your stomach doesn't know what time of day it is. You do."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

But that's any food.

MindDetective

MindDetective

--Patrick
That's me! It isn't rational. It is preference, though, and it is probably trained in large part. I also eat the servings in order, finishing veggies before eating the meat, etc.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I definitely delineate 'food times,' but after midnight, it makes no difference. I'm tired and hungry, so whatever food requires the least effort is the one I will eat.

I don't get people who don't buy tissues. Does your nose never run?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't get people who don't buy tissues. Does your nose never run?
They use rolls of toilet paper.

Null

Null

--Patrick
With exceptions for physical discomfort or how food effects you. Eating something really spicy or greasy that gives you heartburn in the middle of the day is a slight inconvenience. Eating that same thing after 10 and being unable to sleep due to heartburn is a considerably greater inconvenience.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I also eat the servings in order, finishing veggies before eating the meat, etc.
Noah eats like that. He is interesting to watch.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

They use rolls of toilet paper.
Or handkerchiefs.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I swear to god I'm going to be only following like one or two people on Tumblr soon because the are the only people who don't post shit about being a goddamn trigender plantkin demisexual.

JUST

JESUS

EFF-TURDS.

I am a really tolerant person as well, but I must admit I get tired of people who are a little too precious about their identities. I'm in favor of messages of tolerance for people who live lives that are considered unorthodox, as long as they're not out to harm anyone. I don't care what you do; I just don't want to read about it for 3 hours. I'm very busy.

All these little new sects of people feels very much like a common classroom situation. I praise a child for doing something good. Maybe they get a sticker. Now everyone wants stickers. Except in this case it's 17-18-year-olds glamorizing the idea of being an outcast or 'different'. Not all of them, but you get it.

If someone is bullied or hurt because of however they identify, it's always wrong. But some of these things seem to be people causing a stir where it isn't needed.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Or handkerchiefs.
This. I own a few dozen spare bandanas that I use as handkerchiefs... just use one, toss it in the clothes basket, an grab another if needed. Super cheap, strong, soft and machine washable.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't get expensive weddings, multiple blade razors, the diamond jewelry industry and the entire wine industry.
There's a very direct correlation between number of blades and pleasantness of razor in my experience.

Null

Null

But The Meltdown it a real comic book shop with a club on the premises. Sure, it's currently more famous for the comedy club and Nerdist links, but you can still shop for comic related goodness.
Oh, okay. My mistake on that one - all I ever saw was the comedy club and terrible performers.

Extravagant weddings are entirely due to involving too many people in planning a wedding and too much emphasis on the spectacle. One of my mom's coworkers took out a second mortgage to pay for their child's wedding - that's completely insane. You basically need a fairly short list of things for a wedding: a partner that you want to spend the rest of your life (ideally) with, a date, a location, a ring, a dress, some witnesses, and someone to perform the ceremony. That's really it. Everything else is just add-ons. And too many of those are due to hiring someone to make arrangements for you, who then have to make sure their network of people - florists, caterers, decorators, photographers, etc - all get a piece.

My friends John and Ruth are getting married next weekend. This is the second marriage for each, they're both over 45, so they're not making a big deal out of it. They're going to see a justice of the peace with their surviving parents in attendance and two or three close family friends, going out to lunch, having a honeymoon weekend, and that's it. Then for their 1 year anniversary, they'll be throwing a big picnic / outdoor party for all their friends.

fade

fade

I am a really tolerant person as well, but I must admit I get tired of people who are a little too precious about their identities. I'm in favor of messages of tolerance for people who live lives that are considered unorthodox, as long as they're not out to harm anyone. I don't care what you do; I just don't want to read about it for 3 hours. I'm very busy.

All these little new sects of people feels very much like a common classroom situation. I praise a child for doing something good. Maybe they get a sticker. Now everyone wants stickers. Except in this case it's 17-18-year-olds glamorizing the idea of being an outcast or 'different'. Not all of them, but you get it.

If someone is bullied or hurt because of however they identify, it's always wrong. But some of these things seem to be people causing a stir where it isn't needed.
There are a lot of 800 lb gorillas in the room when it comes to tolerance. And a lot of stuff we haven't figured out yet. We're in the cautious phase now. Not to imply that tolerance shouldn't go all around.

The other thing about tolerance that some people seem to forget is that it doesn't mean "like" or "agree with". I really dislike carrots, but I could not care less if you eat them. That's tolerance. "It's so precious-sweet that you like carrots, and I should feel horrible for not liking them, here's a reward for liking them in fact" is not tolerance.

Null

Null

I try and be tolerant, but otherkin is just over the line with me. "I self-identify as a reincarnated videogame character"* - nope, sorry, fuck you. That's all I'll ever be thinking for the duration of any interaction I ever have with you. Well, that and a real concern about mental illness. And don't even get me started on the "transabled" thing.

*-Yes, I've seen that one.

drifter

drifter

I kinda wish I hadn't looked up transabled.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Do you mean BIID? Yeah, that's a weird one... but it's hardly new. Hell, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had such a character in it. I also remember it being a thing on Nip/Tuck once.

Otherkin is only weird because now people are claiming stuff like being reborn fictional characters from stuff made in their lifetime. Compared to them, the plain old therians are absolutely lucid.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That's how we got our Sid and our Rudy and possibly two of our other cats. A pet is a commitment and the fact that it can mean so little to some people makes me wild.

I think the little ear gauges are interesting...not for me...but ok. I don't get the massive ones big enough to hang your headphones through.

I don't get pumpkin pie. It's ew.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I don't get pumpkin pie. It's ew.
rage_table_flip.png

Null

Null

Do you mean BIID? Yeah, that's a weird one... but it's hardly new. Hell, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had such a character in it. I also remember it being a thing on Nip/Tuck once.

Otherkin is only weird because now people are claiming stuff like being reborn fictional characters from stuff made in their lifetime. Compared to them, the plain old therians are absolutely lucid.
No, this isn't someone who wants to amputate a perfectly functional limb because, in their mind, that's how they should be (Body Integrity Identity Disorder).

No, "transabled" are people on tumblr who, despite not having any loss of function or medically diagnosed disability, self-identify as physically disabled. Hence the "trans". And if you tell them you consider that to be bullshit, they label you as being "transphobic".

Alright, I'm not exactly an expert on trans/cis spectrum, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, I know there's a lot I don't know about the human condition. But fucking really? For fuck's sake, really?

Terrik

Terrik

No, this isn't someone who wants to amputate a perfectly functional limb because, in their mind, that's how they should be (Body Integrity Identity Disorder).

No, "transabled" are people on tumblr who, despite not having any loss of function or medically diagnosed disability, self-identify as physically disabled. Hence the "trans". And if you tell them you consider that to be bullshit, they label you as being "transphobic".

Alright, I'm not exactly an expert on trans/cis spectrum, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, I know there's a lot I don't know about the human condition. But fucking really? For fuck's sake, really?
At the end of the day, everyone is apparently a horrible bigot.

Null

Null

I think it's just part of "special snowflake" syndrome, or needing an excuse for having a mediocre life. "Well, you don't understand my struggle!" And you know, that's true. I fucking don't. I absofuckinglutely don't.

Jay

Jay

Reality TV.

GARBAGE

Adam

Adam

Also trigger warnings.
Upvoted!

http://privilege101.tumblr.com/triggers.html

great example ;)

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

How American Dad has over a hundred episodes.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"It's considered common courtesy to post trigger warnings" NO IT ISN'T. IT'S CONSIDERED DIPSHITTERY.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

"It's considered common courtesy to post trigger warnings" NO IT ISN'T. IT'S CONSIDERED DIPSHITTERY.
Swearing and slurs like 'stupid' are triggers and should be warned against? That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

How American Dad has over a hundred episodes.
It's getting more on TBS too.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Ear garbage like Anaconda/Blurred Lines getting 150+million views on youtube, seriously wtf.

Just Me

Just Me

From that Kyriarchy thing site triggers: "Anything that might inspire intrusive thoughts in people with OCD"

Ever seen Mr Monk? Better don't post anything any longer.
Oh the humanity...

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

It's getting more on TBS too.
OOH, the channel change, that can either be really good for a show or really bad. I hope the latter, as this show while occasionally funny has almost zero character.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

OOH, the channel change, that can either be really good for a show or really bad. I hope the latter, as this show while occasionally funny has almost zero character.
Yeah... I'm assuming we're getting something new on Sundays this year snce American Dad is switching to TBS. Right now it's Simpsons, Family Guy, and Bob's Burgers (which is fantastic). They need one more.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Yeah... I'm assuming we're getting something new on Sundays this year snce American Dad is switching to TBS. Right now it's Simpsons, Family Guy, and Bob's Burgers (which is fantastic). They need one more.
Right right, I wonder how many failed animated sitcoms there'll be this time before one sticks in that slot? I bet six.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love American Dad...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I've just started watching Bob's Burgers recently. It's great.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

And I am glad they switched it from 7:30 to 9:30! Seriously 7:30 for new shows is a damn death slot. My apologies to any fans of Mulaney...not for the schedule take over, just that you were fans of Mulaney. POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR man's Signfeld.

Null

Null

Signfeld.
You mean Seinfeld.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

You mean Seinfeld.
Did I though? DID I?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Null

Null

Did I though? DID I?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you did.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Oh, all right then.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

And I am glad they switched it from 7:30 to 9:30! Seriously 7:30 for new shows is a damn death slot. My apologies to any fans of Mulaney...not for the schedule take over, just that you were fans of Mulaney. POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR man's Signfeld.
I like John Mulaney. I think he has a distinctive humor style and isn't like Seinfeld at all.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I love Mulaney's standup but I have not seen a single clip from his show that made me want to watch it.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I like John Mulaney. I think he has a distinctive humor style and isn't like Seinfeld at all.
Meant the show, only seen sparse parts of the guy. Only saw the pilot and it didn't care for it, and from what I've read the latter eps don't sound too good either.