*Twitch* Another addict returning?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
Shegokigo said:
If you play it like work, it's work.

If you play it like a game, it's a game.

Simple as that.
Yeah, that's kind of my point. Watching numbers and meters and gauges sure sounds like work to me.

fade said:
Yeah, that's kind of my point. Watching numbers and meters and gauges sure sounds like work to me.
That is what comes down to personal perception. Something that sounds like work you you, may be enjoyable for someone else. I know some people that consider drawing a picture to be tedious and boring, that it is nothing but work, but you are an artist, would you call your art nothing but work under your situation? While I am a minimalist when it comes to information in the game (No DPS Meter, for instance), I feel we all have different opinions of what is "work" and what is "fun".

I came back the day of the patch; made sense - the wife was already playing and I figured I could jump right back in. And with the dearth of good healing priests out there, I can basically get into whatever raid I want.

G

Gadzooks

AmorousEyes said:
EU server:

(Click for full size.)

Do you have a link to this? i love the whole bottom section

also, FUCK YEAH LVL 80 ONYXIA!

G

Gadzooks

AmorousEyes said:
Gadzooks said:
AmorousEyes said:
EU server:

(Click for full size.)

also, smurf YEAH LVL 80 ONYXIA!

I tendnot to use packs, or in the event that I do hand edit them ruthlessly to meet my own standards. ;)

The bottom part though, is SpartanUI (http://spartanui.com/), which is very nice if you run in high resolutions. Me, back then in 1440x900, had to edit it somewhat to fit the width properly without resizing the thing too much.

thanks, seems pretty buggy atm though, i keep getting errors, tried the beta 2.6, and still getting errors

G

Gadzooks

only other addon i have on is carbonite (hell, in the folder), and everytime i click something, it gives me an errors, seems to have to do with my target, because the box isnt drawing right.

Tried turning Carbonite off i think, and it still did it.

btw, i chose to play for those who care :p

G

Gadzooks

Message: Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:32: attempt to call global 'GetDifficultyColor' (a nil value)
Time: 08/13/09 19:31:36
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: in function `GetDifficultyColor'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:32: in function `func'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:273: in function `UpdateTag'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:146: in function `func'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:472: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:467>
[C]: in function `Show'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:72: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:62>
Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:111: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:81>

Locals: u = "target"
l = 6
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:18
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 6
(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'GetDifficultyColor' (a nil value)"
Hex = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:18
*shrug* thats my problem

Unless they actually change what she does, who cares? More rehashing old shit for the new expansion.

CynicismKills said:
I'm really excited about the plan for Ony. New loot, new mount, and a free Ony whelp pet!

G

Gadzooks

yep, all loaded even if its out of date.

oUF was in the 2.6 beta version, I tried 2.5x and was getting errors, so i tried 2.6 and still got them, now i redownloaded 2.52 or whatever it is, and i searched for GetDifficultyColor Spartan UI and saw somone had a fix to put the word Quest between Get and Difficulty, which i assume just tells it to search for something that doesnt matter. That seems to have fixed it now.

Frankie said:
Unless they actually change what she does, who cares? More rehashing old shit for the new expansion.

CynicismKills said:
I'm really excited about the plan for Ony. New loot, new mount, and a free Ony whelp pet!
Well the main reason it's being done is for WoW's 5-year anny, so it makes sense to me. Plus I've been playing since the Dire Maul patch so getting to do the old instances with the same character 20 levels later is kinda cool for me.

Shannow

Staff member
thanks, seems pretty buggy atm though, i keep getting errors, tried the beta 2.6, and still getting errors
I use spartanui as well on my laptop (though without all that other crap on on that screenshot), and it is pissing me off with 3.2. Buggy as all hell when I even target anything I get errors. reading up on their forums, though, they seem to be working on it

G

Gadzooks

Shannow said:
I use spartanui as well on my laptop (though without all that other crap on on that screenshot), and it is * me off with 3.2. Buggy as all * when I even target anything I get errors. reading up on their forums, though, they seem to be working on it
to fix it, go to the spartanui directory (addons/spartanUI/global and open up the Spartan UI LUA file with notepad or word.

Ctrl F "GetDifficultyColor", should be there twice. Put "Quest" in between Get and Difficulty

all better!

Shannow

Staff member
Thank you kindly, I wi.ll do that presently. I like having as little as possible on my screen when running wow on my laptop, and spartanui has been perfect for that.

G

Gadzooks

Gadzooks said:
AmorousEyes said:
EU server:

(Click for full size.)

also, smurf YEAH LVL 80 ONYXIA!

ok one last question, the ( ) health and enemy health bars around your character, what mod is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.