Export thread

Upcoming games you are excited for, wary about, dreading

Frank

Frank

For me, Dragon's Crown. The game itself looks fucking amazing. Made by a lot of the folk responsible for the Dungeons and Dragons arcade brawlers with Vanillaware's insanely excellent 2D work.

My only issue is the embarrassing character design on the Sorceress. Even the Amazon isn't that bad (still pretty fucking bad). The Sorceress is cringe inducing. I couldn't play this in front of a non-gamer (or even most gamers) without being incredibly ashamed of myself.

Shawn

Shawn

The success of Ducktales: Remastered will pretty much determine if Capcom gives the greenlight on various other classic Disney titles.

Zelda: Windwaker HD on the WiiU/ I didn't get a chance to experience this one on the gamecube.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm both excited about and wary of Batman Arkham Origins.

I was initially excited about the announcement, until I saw that Rocksteady (developer of Arkham Asylum and City) would NOT be making the game nor writing it this time. It's being done by WB Montreal using the engine Rocksteady developed. I'll be cautiously optimistic, but my hopes are already dying. I'm also not sure if I want to play a newbie batman just starting out. I want to be THE GODDAMN BATMAN. In fact, that's what it should be called. Arkha~OHGODITSTHEGODDAMNBATMAN

Injustice: Gods Among Us

I actually really like fighting games, and I loved what Netherrealm did with the reboot of Mortal Kombat. So doing the same thing with the DC cast? Awesome! It also lets us ignore that other time that DC and MK were brought together... just no.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The Last of Us

Looks amazing and seems like it will play amazing.

Shin Megami Tensei IV

I don't really know what it's about yet and I don't want to. I'm so excited about a new SMT game. I love the spin-offs, but I never played Nocturne. The scope seems huge and ... what the hell, I'm an Atlus fanboy at this point, I love their RPGs, and I can't wait for this one.

Pokemon X/Y

Won't bother linking a video, but I'm hoping this will be more than just a graphical facelift.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The Last of Us is basically the only game (other than Ni No Kuni) on the PS3 that I actually care about right now. I'm more than a little mad that I won't be able to play them on my PS4 when I get one.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Is it wrong to say that there's really no games I'm excited for? I'm not a big gamer in the first place, only owning a handful of PS3 games and a large Steam library of mostly Not AAA games.

I guess the only game I'm really excited for is the Double Fine adventure game. Which goes to show how excited for it I am, as I'm blanking on its actual name.

phil

phil

I'm actually a little less excited for Last of us after seeing more current trailers. What initially drew me to it was that I thought it would be more about survival and man vs man conflicts but newer trailers make it look more like a kind of typical zombie survival thing.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think it's both. I'm okay with it being zombies; what I'm interested in is the diversity in approaching different scenarios. That's just something I'm into with some games and how Yahtzee sold me on Far Cry 3.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

As fun as Dragon's Crown looks, it just makes me want those PSN/XBL versions of Capcom's D&D brawlers to make it stateside even more. I would do terrible things to good people for those games.

Frank

Frank

As fun as Dragon's Crown looks, it just makes me want those PSN/XBL versions of Capcom's D&D brawlers to make it stateside even more. I would do terrible things to good people for those games.
They're being released in June on PSN and XBLA.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

They're being released in June on PSN and XBLA.

Dave

Dave

Oh god that sorceress just looks terrible. Like it was made by a pre-teen boy. Just bad, bad, bad. There's no way I'd buy that game, no matter how well done the actual gameplay was.

Frank

Frank

Oh god that sorceress just looks terrible. Like it was made by a pre-teen boy. Just bad, bad, bad. There's no way I'd buy that game, no matter how well done the actual gameplay was.
I know right. I'm so conflicted, I love Vanillaware (and generally their art too) but this is.....skeezy.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

For me, Dragon's Crown. The game itself looks fucking amazing. Made by a lot of the folk responsible for the Dungeons and Dragons arcade brawlers with Vanillaware's insanely excellent 2D work.

My only issue is the embarrassing character design on the Sorceress. Even the Amazon isn't that bad (still pretty fucking bad). The Sorceress is cringe inducing. I couldn't play this in front of a non-gamer (or even most gamers) without being incredibly ashamed of myself.

Dammit Japan... this is why we can't have nice things

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'll possibly buy it. I mean, Odin Sphere was amazing. I'm not sure I can justify missing out on something cool because of some tits.

Jay

Jay

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm both excited about and wary of Batman Arkham Origins.

I was initially excited about the announcement, until I saw that Rocksteady (developer of Arkham Asylum and City) would NOT be making the game nor writing it this time. It's being done by WB Montreal using the engine Rocksteady developed. I'll be cautiously optimistic, but my hopes are already dying. I'm also not sure if I want to play a newbie batman just starting out. I want to be THE GODDAMN BATMAN. In fact, that's what it should be called. Arkha~OHGODITSTHEGODDAMNBATMAN

Injustice: Gods Among Us

I actually really like fighting games, and I loved what Netherrealm did with the reboot of Mortal Kombat. So doing the same thing with the DC cast? Awesome! It also lets us ignore that other time that DC and MK were brought together... just no.

I will be playing Gods Among Us as soon as I'm done with class on Tuesday. Also, this doesn't have any MK tie in, so it lets them actually tell a DC universe story.

MK9 showed that you actually can have fighting games with a good way of telling a story.

If you are getting it on PS3, we should beat the shit out of each other sometime.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

When your wife's not around. Riiiiiight? :awesome:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I will be playing Gods Among Us as soon as I'm done with class on Tuesday. Also, this doesn't have any MK tie in, so it lets them actually tell a DC universe story.

MK9 showed that you actually can have fighting games with a good way of telling a story.

If you are getting it on PS3, we should beat the shit out of each other sometime.
I probably won't be getting it right when it comes out. I'm going to wait for the first price drop, but I will be getting it for ps3.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I probably won't be getting it right when it comes out. I'm going to wait for the first price drop, but I will be getting it for ps3.
Let me know when you get it. If you have MK9 for PS3, I'd be happy to play that sometime.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Let me know when you get it. If you have MK9 for PS3, I'd be happy to play that sometime.
I do own it, but I only ever played through the single player and never took the time to actually learn the game. I'd be pretty terrible.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Me too, pretty much. I love playing as Smoke, though.

Frank

Frank

Do you guys have the same issue I do with fighting games, better than everyone you know to the point of no one you know is the least bit of a challenge for you to trounce, but worse than everybody who's actually good at the game and you're as much a challenge for them as your friends are for you, leaving you in the shitty middle ground of never getting better?

Jay

Jay

Personally, I generally dislike fighting games... I do however like to watch other people play competitively. I could see where you're coming from.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Do you guys have the same issue I do with fighting games, better than everyone you know to the point of no one you know is the least bit of a challenge for you to trounce, but worse than everybody who's actually good at the game and you're as much a challenge for them as your friends are for you, leaving you in the shitty middle ground of never getting better?
This pretty much sums up my experience with fighting games online. Back when it was playing against my brother and friends in the arcade and on the home systems, I would trounce the hell out of anyone I knew. But the second I get online, it's like.... shit, these people have memorized a ton of combos. I remember back when I mastered Sub Zeros longest combo in MK2. I felt like a god among men.

Frank

Frank

Like, I love Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. It's my favorite fighting game of all time (tied with Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS1). I'm pretty damn good at it. Every time I go online with it, I get this done to me.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

This, so much this.

figmentPez

figmentPez

What is this, I don't even:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Frank

Frank

I got really bored of how repetitive Far Cry 3 was pretty fast. What worries me about that is it's just going to be game assets that we've already seen repeated so much in Far Cry 3 with an 80's neon filter over it.

I hope I'm wrong and it kicks a ton of shitty 80's B-movie ass, that's just my worry there.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I tentatively add this to my list, provided it makes good on what that trailer implies.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

His name is fucking Rex "Power" Colt!

Sold!

bhamv3

bhamv3

This happened to me before online gaming even came around.

True story: Back when I owned a Sega Saturn, I was the undisputed king of Virtua Fighter 2 among everyone I knew. Friends who came over would keep trying to beat me, and occasionally they would succeed, but on the whole I won ten matches for every one I lost. We had to make an exception to the "winner stays on" house rule when a bunch of us were playing, because otherwise it'd just be people taking turns to lose against me.

Then one day I went down to the local arcade and played Virtua Fighter 2 there against a guy I'd never met before. He pulled off two straight flawless victories against me, using combos I'd never even thought of, never mind seen. It blew my mind.

And then I watched this guy lose against other guys who were even better than him. It blew my mind again.

That was the day I decided I'll never be a pro gamer.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I remember seeing Street Fighter Alpha in the arcade at mall of america. I con't even come close to beating people. At the local Aladdin's Palace, I did pwn my fair share of people on Marvel Super Heroes. Mostly because people didn't know how to use the infinity gems, and I was a combo monster with Spider-Man.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Watching professional gamers play these fighting games makes me realize that no amount of practice would rise me to their level, there's a certain amount of innate skill, just like in athletics.

Here's one of the more famous Street Fighter moments, in which a top level player by the name of Daigo (playing as Ken) finds himself with only a sliver of health left in the final match against a top level Chun Li. To those not familiar with the game, -any- hit against him would kill him at this point, because even the small amount of chip damage done by blocking an attack would be enough to do him in. But there's a parry system where attacks can be parried away for no damage, but it requires ungodly precise timing, done against every single attack that comes at you.

This is why he was champion.

BananaHands

BananaHands

INJUSTICE INJUSTICE INJUSTICE[DOUBLEPOST=1366036280][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have to look up my PSN name, but I'm all for some beatin' the shit out of eachother as well.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'm not really excited about any upcoming games unfortunately. I've been so dissapointed with the majority of what's come out lately that it's put a damper on any future enthusiasm.

I'm also dreading seeing what happens to the Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises. I'm sure whatever comes out for these down the road will be even more insipid than the latest incarnations (which were terrible).

GasBandit

GasBandit

The new Carmageddon: Reincarnation. I pitched in to the kickstarter. I can hardly wait.

This was an "in progress" video from last june.

Other than that, I dunno.. Saints Row 4 maybe? We'll see.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Are the new owners of the IP keeping the people who made the others, or is it going to be a bunch of new people working on it who might not "get it"?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Are the new owners of the IP keeping the people who made the others, or is it going to be a bunch of new people working on it who might not "get it"?
No word, that I've heard. Frankly, I'm just kinda glad somebody picked it up at all.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, this piques my curiosity. New ideas in the RTS genre are something I'm always glad to see.

Frank

Frank

Volition was purchased along with the IP, so it's the same folks making the new one.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Also, this piques my curiosity. New ideas in the RTS genre are something I'm always glad to see.

Huh, hadn't seen or heard anything bout that yet...Seems like it might be great or horrible, but at least new. Except for the faux-Star-Trek menu =p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ooh! Ooh! Also, I totally forgot about the Rise of the Triad remake they're doing!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Interesting note on Injustice is there's a 12 or so issue comic telling the story of how things go they way they are ingame (heroes and villains in an all-out brawl, dictator Supes, etc). I would imagine the single-player will have a pretty strong narrative.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Just picked up my pre-order for Injustice. So amped for it. Got the Red Sun DLC and even decided to do the season pass so I could get the Flashpoint skins pack, Lobo and the other three mystery DLCs.

I don't know. Been geeking out about this game for the last couple of months. Even went all out and printed out the custom cover that guy on /co/ made for it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Ahahahaha Green Lantern with his hamboigahs.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Frank

Frank

I wish I could be excited for Injustice, I'm just not a fan of Nether Realm's stiff controlling fighters.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I finally got around to getting an arcade stick. Since I'm not getting Injustice right away, I decided to fire up MK9 and give it a try.

Oh my... is this what I've been missing by using a pad?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I wish I could be excited for Injustice, I'm just not a fan of Nether Realm's stiff controlling fighters.
Same here. MK always felt so slow to me. This is likely because I really got pulled into fighters with SF3, Alpha 1 and 2, and Capcom's VS games (Marvel/X-Men/SNK especially). I'm still sad as fuck I can't play Cap/SNK 2 on my 360. It's one of my all-time favorite fighters.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Oh my... is this what I've been missing by using a pad?
I think I once heard a girl say that exact same line when she switched to tampons.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Penny-Arcade has a great comic on how ridiculous the character design of Dragon's Crown is.

Spoiled for minor NSFW

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I would still play that game, as long as they incorporated it into his attacks. No joke. No uncomfortability.

Also, that image is still kinda missing the point. Most women don't got for the excessive masculization. The game already has a Sorceress counterpart: The Wizard. He's a lanky, silver headed bishonen with large expressive eyes. He's custom built for the yaoi fangirls.

Even THAT isn't the same thing however. Women objectifying men (as awful as it can be at times) doesn't carry the same social or historic implications at the reverse does. The game would need to have a cast full of bishonens and then a frumpy housewife and a grandmother to even be close to hitting the same notes.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Getting back to RavenPoe's first post in this thread: Game Informer had a big spiel on Batman Arkham Origins. The story setup sounds cool--Black Mask has put a bounty on newbie Batman's head, and villains from across the DC Universe are coming to collect.

That said, and I didn't know this, the people taking over are the ones who were in charge of porting Arkham City to Wii U. Yes, that atrocity. That, and half the game is apparently going to be the same layout as Arkham City, just less destroyed-looking. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Expectations are set to low at this point.

Also, Slade is in it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm more interested in Batman: Blackgate at this point, as it's being made by a newer studio made up of some old guard Retro Studios guys. It's a side-scroller sort of deal, but Batman's gadgets, with the experience these guys have working on Samus, should be awesome.

Jay

Jay

Star Trek! RIGHT?

RIGHTTTTTT?

Frank

Frank

It's complete crap. Deceitful crap.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm more interested in Batman: Blackgate at this point, as it's being made by a newer studio made up of some old guard Retro Studios guys. It's a side-scroller sort of deal, but Batman's gadgets, with the experience these guys have working on Samus, should be awesome.
Working on Samus? *research*

Oh, phew, the Metroid Prime guys, not the jackasses who turned her into a simpering crybaby in Metroid Other M.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Working on Samus? *research*

Oh, phew, the Metroid Prime guys, not the jackasses who turned her into a simpering crybaby in Metroid Other M.
Yeah, Retro worked on Prime 1-3, as well as that Wii Donkey Kong Returns game, which I hear is good but I've yet to play.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, Retro worked on Prime 1-3, as well as that Wii Donkey Kong Returns game, which I hear is good but I've yet to play.
Yeah, I heard good things about DK Returns; I may give it a shot when the 3DS version comes out. They're supposedly doing a new Metroid game for Wii U.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Retro says they're working on something everyone wants them to work on, so I'm hoping for a new Metroid.

Frank

Frank

Unfortunately most of the guys who made Metroid Prime aren't at Retro anymore.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Unfortunately most of the guys who made Metroid Prime aren't at Retro anymore.
They lost three to the new Armature studio that's working on Blackgate, but they've also pulled in people from Naughty Dog, id and Vigil. Provided it's solid talent those are some nice credentials in new hires.

Frank

Frank

I thought I saw a list that showed that most of old Retro was not there anymore. Maybe I am thinking of a different studio.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I only know of the three, but what I found was on Wikipedia so who knows if that's all that left.

Necronic

Necronic

My only issue is the embarrassing character design on the Sorceress. Even the Amazon isn't that bad (still pretty fucking bad). The Sorceress is cringe inducing. I couldn't play this in front of a non-gamer (or even most gamers) without being incredibly ashamed of
Thats pretty bad, but if you add the "It's from Japan" handicap I wouldn't say that's much worse than Morrgans starting outfit in DAO. My gf walked in in my playing that in a cut scene and rolled her eyes. Can't say I blame her.

For me the game I am looking forward to/dreading most is Dark Souls 2. I'm lookin forward to it because it's apparently designed for Pc first this time, and I want to get in on the ground floor. I'm dreading it because I'm a fucking coward.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Thats pretty bad, but if you add the "It's from Japan" handicap I wouldn't say that's much worse than Morrgans starting outfit in DAO. My gf walked in in my playing that in a cut scene and rolled her eyes. Can't say I blame her.
Spoilered for size and questionably NSFW

That seems like a pretty big disparity to me.

Jay

Jay

Dragon Age 3

GasBandit

GasBandit

Lol @ morrigan's face like a brick wall in that picture.

Necronic

Necronic

That seems like a pretty big disparity to me.
At least 3 cup sizes.

First off let's go with the Side Boob of Morrigan if we're being honest. Second, I mean yeah the Japanese thing is way worse, but you have to allow of the Japanese Handicap, like I said. The point is that both of them are comically oversexualized in a way that panders to stupid audiences.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Bad news on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It's pretty much just a visual reskin with a new island and story, and it's going to be short.

Less thrilled now.

Frank

Frank

Kind of what I was afraid of. At least the story will hopefully be bonkers enough to be fun.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll have to see how much it is before giving it a chance. A full, new game I would've gone for, but this expansion, even if standalone? I already have Far Cry 3, so we'll have to see.

On other upcoming stuff: I ignored Donkey Kong Country Returns when it came out because we'd gotten rid of our Wii already, but now that it's coming to 3DS I'm having a hard time looking away. It looks fun. Why does it have to look fun? Damn you, fun.

Frank

Frank

Well, at least it'll have proper controls on the 3DS and not have that shoehorned wii-mote waggling fuckery that ruins so many Wii games.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, at least it'll have proper controls on the 3DS and not have that shoehorned wii-mote waggling fuckery that ruins so many Wii games.
That's exactly what I was thinking of when reading people's discussion of the Wii U Gamepad. Both Wiimote and Gamepad shouldn't be forced onto games that are better off with a more traditional controller.

And on that note, I'll be looking forward to the 3DS Smash Brothers whenever it comes around. Brawl's controls responded poorly compared to Melee, and I think anyone can guess why. And yeah, I know there was the classic controller, but I didn't have that. It's shameful that the lead developer recommended people use a peripheral controller rather than the console's main controller. He must have tried playing his own game with the Wiimote.

I say that as someone who loved the Wiimote when it worked. Resident Evil 4? Okami? Metroid Prime 3? The Wiimote was perfect. Twilight Princess, Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart (unless you had enough wheels for everyone), not so much.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's exactly what I was thinking of when reading people's discussion of the Wii U Gamepad. Both Wiimote and Gamepad shouldn't be forced onto games that are better off with a more traditional controller.

And on that note, I'll be looking forward to the 3DS Smash Brothers whenever it comes around. Brawl's controls responded poorly compared to Melee, and I think anyone can guess why. And yeah, I know there was the classic controller, but I didn't have that. It's shameful that the lead developer recommended people use a peripheral controller rather than the console's main controller. He must have tried playing his own game with the Wiimote.

I say that as someone who loved the Wiimote when it worked. Resident Evil 4? Okami? Metroid Prime 3? The Wiimote was perfect. Twilight Princess, Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart (unless you had enough wheels for everyone), not so much.
If you had Melee, why not use the gamecube controller?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

If you had Melee, why not use the gamecube controller?
That was my first thought too.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We didn't have Melee; it was at my mom's house. We had one Gamecube controller and I let my wife use it as opposed to hogging it since she would have a worse time with the Wiimote than me.

That said, when I did use the GC controller I still felt the character movements were not as responsive as with Melee. They moved more fluid and slidey. I'm not sure how to explain it. I felt the same when I played New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

They intentionally slowed Brawl down to make it more newcomer friendly. So the slowness is actually intentional.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

They intentionally slowed Brawl down to make it more newcomer friendly. So the slowness is actually intentional.
I'm sure that's the same for New Super Mario Bros 2.

I hate the feel of it thought. It plays like ass in my opinion.

Has anyone played the new Donkey Kong on Wii? Is it the same way? I'd like to know before I shell out for it on 3DS in case they don't release a demo.

Frank

Frank

It's hard as fuck (part of which comes down to having to shake the wiimote to do the ground pound move....that there's no option to map that to a button makes me fucking angry) and generally, I think, pretty fucking good. I think on 3DS without the waggle bullshit, it might be really exceptional.

Bowielee

Bowielee

To be fair to Twilight Princess, it was designed for the GameCube with the motion stuff slapped on after the game was already finished. I still think that Skyward Sword did a much better job of incorporating the wiimote properly.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

To be fair to Twilight Princess, it was designed for the GameCube with the motion stuff slapped on after the game was already finished. I still think that Skyward Sword did a much better job of incorporating the wiimote properly.
I agree, but "motion stuff slapped on" is how a few Wii games felt. Eventually it came into its own. Hopefully the Wii U will do the same.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

More bad Batman Arkham Origins news. Kevin Conroy will not be voicing Batman, because the company didn't want him voicing a younger Batman.

This sure is a company that makes good decisions!

Somehow this game is coming to 3DS ... wooooo ...

Frank

Frank

I've never understood that line of thinking. You know who's voice doesn't change a huge amount from their 20's to their 30's or 40's?

MOST PEOPLE. Unless you're a heavy drinker or smoker. And if your voice does deepen some, it sure as fuck doesn't sound like a completely different person.

Bones

Bones

Animal Crossing:New Leaf. Heard about it 2 weeks ago, today stopped at the local gamestop on the way home and paid in full for the special edition 3DSXL and game. I am going to get flack when it comes in June.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Animal Crossing:New Leaf. Heard about it 2 weeks ago, today stopped at the local gamestop on the way home and paid in full for the special edition 3DSXL and game. I am going to get flack when it comes in June.
I do hope you enjoy the game and all, but man that's the ugliest 3DS ever.

Bones

Bones

I do hope you enjoy the game and all, but man that's the ugliest 3DS ever.
I love the design >_> It is fun and stuff...

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've never understood that line of thinking. You know who's voice doesn't change a huge amount from their 20's to their 30's or 40's?

MOST PEOPLE. Unless you're a heavy drinker or smoker. And if your voice does deepen some, it sure as fuck doesn't sound like a completely different person.
Plus this guy's a professional voice actor. He can probably handle voicing a younger version of his Batman voice if asked to.

Ezio Auditore was voiced by the same guy from age 17 to age 65, covering three games and one short film. His voice changes noticeably from the young 17-year-old voice to the gravelly voice at 65. Don't tell me Kevin Conroy isn't capable of something similar.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The real line of thought is they don't want to pay Kevin. That's all.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The real line of thought is they don't want to pay Kevin. That's all.
Basically. Conroy gets paid premium bucks for Batman roles. This is because he is THE voice of Batman for this generation. It's not batman without him.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Basically. Conroy gets paid premium bucks for Batman roles. This is because he is THE voice of Batman for this generation. It's not batman without him.
Except the times when he's not, like The Batman series (the later one, not BTAS), Brave & the Bold, and numerous DC animated movies, all of which did a fine job without Conroy.

Honestly, I don't see the big hullabaloo. I'm not saying the game will be great, but it's not the end of the world to have a different voice actor.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Except the times when he's not, like The Batman series (the later one, not BTAS), Brave & the Bold, and numerous DC animated movies, all of which did a fine job without Conroy.

Honestly, I don't see the big hullabaloo. I'm not saying the game will be great, but it's not the end of the world to have a different voice actor.
Allow me to speak for everyone when I say

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

...everyone wants to put their balls in my face?

Frank

Frank

It isn't usually a big deal when some new property uses a different voice. I mean, yeah, you still get your normal, "NO CONROY, BLARGHLGHG" folk but that's anything with Batman now. It's an issue when it's something in the same series just deciding to up and change voices.

Ok guys, Batman: TAS is going in a new direction for it's third season. He will now be voiced by Topher Grace!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Eh, if it was by the exact same developers, then I could agree. But Rocksteady's not involved with this, so I don't really consider this the same canon as the previous Arkham games (see also: Bioshock 2). At this point, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what the full game will be like.

Dave

Dave

The new Carmageddon: Reincarnation. I pitched in to the kickstarter. I can hardly wait.

This was an "in progress" video from last june.

Whoa whoa whoa! How did I miss this? I fracking LOVED Carmageddon!

bhamv3

bhamv3

...everyone wants to put their balls in my face?
Sounds like your prom night!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sounds like your prom night!
No. No, it does not. :mad:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Um... Alien Invasion in Saints Row 4? Apparently? Huh.

Wouldn't that be sort of like, oh, I dunno, the next Metroid sequel having gangbangers and street crime?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Wouldn't that be sort of like, oh, I dunno, the next Metroid sequel having gangbangers and street crime?
what the f...

that's a joke, right?

GasBandit

GasBandit

what the f...

that's a joke, right?
It's like Saints Row had a baby with Infamous, and it grew up reading too much sci fi.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fuck the haters, I'm sold.

figmentPez

figmentPez

what the f...

that's a joke, right?
Seems like a pretty logical progression from Saints Row the Third to me.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I didn't like SR3 as much as 2. Not only was it way more over the top than the last game, but you got way too many gifts and power-ups far too early. It didn't feel like I earned a lot of stuff. In terms of the silliness, I liked SR2 because it was semi-serious, but allowed you to get silly. Like a straight man trying to deal with insane nutjobs.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I didn't like SR3 as much as 2. Not only was it way more over the top than the last game, but you got way too many gifts and power-ups far too early. It didn't feel like I earned a lot of stuff. In terms of the silliness, I liked SR2 because it was semi-serious, but allowed you to get silly. Like a straight man trying to deal with insane nutjobs.
Yes.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That said, the VTOL motorcycle was FUCKING AWESOME.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, it doesn't look like the next one is going to be more serious.

7 mins of SR4 footage with dev commentary.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

SR3 made a shitload of money, so I can't blame the for going wacky again. Now we just need to find out if it made so much because SR3 just appealed to more people or if it was because GTA4 was a steaming pile.

GasBandit

GasBandit

SR3 made a shitload of money, so I can't blame the for going wacky again. Now we just need to find out if it made so much because SR3 just appealed to more people or if it was because GTA4 was a steaming pile.
Most of what I liked about SR3 was that it played like a real PC version, not a slapdash console port. SR2 had the better content perhaps (and sure as hell a lot more of it), but half the cars were undrivable on PC and it had framerate issues up the wazoo.

Frank

Frank

So this Remember Me game has flown totally under my radar. Now, having seen the trailers, it looks rad as hell.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So this Remember Me game has flown totally under my radar. Now, having seen the trailers, it looks rad as hell.
I've read some previews and the concept is awesome. I hope they pull it off.

Also, the TMNT brawler is shaping up pretty slick, I'm looking forward to some co-op fun. Raph's combos look brutal as hell.

Bubble181

Bubble181

While I'm a big fan of the series, Total War: Rome² has someone completely gone unnoticed. I can't even come close to meeting minimum requirements (heck, I could barely run Shogun2)....Anyone ho's been following it more closely who can tell me the big new things, good and bad? Suddenly always-online with auto-multiplayer-drop-in and fighting your own battles is a separate DLC? :p

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, it doesn't look like the next one is going to be more serious.

7 mins of SR4 footage with dev commentary.
Dubstep Gun..... SOLD!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Dubstep Gun..... SOLD!
That is the single best thing I've ever seen, ever. I need this game.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Do mine wishful eyes deceive me, or is this "War for the Overworld" DUNGEON KEEPER 3 IN EVERYTHING BUT NAME?!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

It would seem to be...Very heavily inspired by DK, indeed. Let's hope it's as good, and I will gladly give them all of my money.

Jay

Jay

Do mine wishful eyes deceive me, or is this "War for the Overworld" DUNGEON KEEPER 3 IN EVERYTHING BUT NAME?!!
Super Happy Bouncing Red Jello.gif

bhamv3

bhamv3

More bad Batman Arkham Origins news. Kevin Conroy will not be voicing Batman, because the company didn't want him voicing a younger Batman.

This sure is a company that makes good decisions!

Somehow this game is coming to 3DS ... wooooo ...
And in related news, reports of Kevin Conroy not reprising his role of Batman in Arkham Origins have been debunked by the man himself.

Espy

Espy

I've read some previews and the concept is awesome. I hope they pull it off.

Also, the TMNT brawler is shaping up pretty slick, I'm looking forward to some co-op fun. Raph's combos look brutal as hell.
My band's drummer is working on the TMNT game and he says it's pretty fantastic.

fade

fade

Please don't suck.

dpool.jpg

figmentPez

figmentPez

Batman: Arkham Origins trailer:

This is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm really wary about this game. It's from a different team than the other Arkham games, and I'm not sure I like that they want to go for a "rawer, scarier Batman."

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Batman: Arkham Origins trailer:

This is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm really wary about this game. It's from a different team than the other Arkham games, and I'm not sure I like that they want to go for a "rawer, scarier Batman."
I am tentatively hopeful. I wasn't keen on the game after hearing Rocksteady wasn't doing it, and early reports (like no Kevin Conroy) left a bad taste in my mouth, but those reports have since turned out to be false. Honestly, after reading a bit of what the devs have released, and their plans, such as bringing the detective aspect more to the forefront, and basically making the game into a noir detective story, it sounds like it might be pretty sweet.

And I love the Christmas setting.

Espy

Espy

Very nice trailer.

fade

fade

Deathstroke, Deadshot, Black mask....

homina homina homina POW right in the kisser

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I am both looking forward to and scared of Dragon Age 3.

Siska

Siska

I think Folk Tale ($20 on Steam) might be a good game. Currently it's in alpha testing stage so you can only play the tutorial so far and not much is working. But from the sound of things, it might turn into some kind of a above ground Dungeon Keeper where you run a human village and fight monsters, instead of the other way around.[DOUBLEPOST=1370203999][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am both looking forward to and scared of Dragon Age 3.
Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing. Less choices and much smaller and linear world. Hopefully they will bring the non human races and origin variation back.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I think Folk Tale ($20 on Steam) might be a good game. Currently it's in alpha testing stage so you can only play the tutorial so far and not much is working. But from the sound of things, it might turn into some kind of a above ground Dungeon Keeper where you run a human village and fight monsters, instead of the other way around.[DOUBLEPOST=1370203999][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing. Less choices and much smaller and linear world. Hopefully they will bring the non human races and origin variation back.
The one thing that bothered me the most (other than the awful things they did to some returning characters) was that they made like four dungeons. But I remember doing a lot more than four dungeon quests...super lazy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Please be fun to play and not suck.
Also, great cameo by Yoshimickster !

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I really hope Batman Arkham Origins is awesome, especially since they got Ron FUCKING Perlman to reprise his role as Deathstroke. Though...its more like taking the role of Deathstroke seeing as how in the cartoon he was called Slade and was radically different than the original Deathstroke and-FLEH whatever I still hope for a great game.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Saints Row 4 makes no sense to me.

However, I'll probably end up getting it sooner or later.

Jay

Jay

I'll probably buy it when it'll be on special at xmas.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

"Keith David...as Keith David."

Fucking SOLD.

Siska

Siska

I s anyone playing State of Decay? Seems like mine kind of resource gathering + zombies game. But I don't want to buy it if it's really dull poop.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I s anyone playing State of Decay? Seems like mine kind of resource gathering + zombies game. But I don't want to buy it if it's really dull poop.
There are plays on Youtube right now.

Sounds like it's intense, but has graphical bugs. Sounds just like my kind of game, but I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my laptop could run it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Murdered: Soul Suspect

You play a detective that is murdered. He becomes a ghost and has to track down the guy who killed him in the ghost filed town of Salem. Looks mostly stealth based from the sound of it, with lots of puzzles and detective work.

Espy

Espy

Well, the premise is unique and interesting. The question is, will it actually be challenging or will it hand hold you. I'm game to find out though, I've been craving something more unique lately.

Siska

Siska

There are plays on Youtube right now.

Sounds like it's intense, but has graphical bugs. Sounds just like my kind of game, but I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my laptop could run it.
Yeah, I just been having trouble finding a video not made by someone who annoys me by talking too much or just standing around doing nothing for the first 5 minutes. But here is one!

Yeah, I think I have to get it. Even if it turns out disappointing, it's just $20.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I like the game, but at the same time it's INCREDIBLY frustrating. It's really easy to get overwhelmed and they don't really teach you how to do anything aside from telling you the buttons for it.

That being said, this game really makes you feel like your struggling to survive. You need to worry about food, meds, ammo, morale, your neighbors... it all comes together really well, despite not having a strong overarching plot.

Frank

Frank

The Last of Us is getting absolutely fucking insane reviews. It looks straight incredible. Hopefully it lives up to even a small portion of the hype.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I am playing it and sofar it is REALLY good.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, it's getting crazy positive reviews.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Like, Bioshock Infinite level of good reviews.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

The Last of Us is getting absolutely fucking insane reviews. It looks straight incredible. Hopefully it lives up to even a small portion of the hype.
Seriously. It's been a long while that I've been excited to go and pick up a game!

Espy

Espy

I am playing it and sofar it is REALLY good.
Wait, it's out already??? How did I miss that?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I went to Amazon to check the release date status of The Last of Us, and it recommended this to me.

Amazon product

That's just cruel, Amazon. Damn cruel.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Wait, it's out already??? How did I miss that?
It just came out on Tuesday.[DOUBLEPOST=1370834370][/DOUBLEPOST]Incidentally, this illustrates how poor the marketing is for PS3 exclusives.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It just came out on Tuesday.[DOUBLEPOST=1370834370][/DOUBLEPOST]Incidentally, this illustrates how poor the marketing is for PS3 exclusives.
Amazon still lists it as a pre-order, and that it will be released on the 12th.

Frank

Frank

Yeah, as far as I know, it's this week.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Sorry, you're right. I thought it came out this week, but it is, in fact next week. So, Lord Rendar, where and how are you playing it :p

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Sorry, you're right. I thought it came out this week, but it is, in fact next week. So, Lord Rendar, where and how are you playing it :p
Games can arrive more than 2 weeks early at some shops. The street date is just an arbitrary thing that exits to prevent some retailers from a disadvantage (I.E. their trucks are late, but the guy across town had his trucks come in EARLY, so they are taking business away from the first guy). This is why you want to buy them from Mom and Pop stores if you can... they don't honor street dates because there is no reason to.

Jay

Jay

I have a friend who's playing it. Picked it up at a groceries store. Yes, a groceries store. You know those places where they sell limited games at mediocre prices? Yeah, they don't give a SHIT about release dates.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I have a friend who's playing it. Picked it up at a groceries store. Yes, a groceries store. You know those places where they sell limited games at mediocre prices? Yeah, they don't give a SHIT about release dates.
I have never seen grocery store spelled in the plural like that. Tomayto Tomahto, I guess :p

Jay

Jay

I have never seen grocery store spelled in the plural like that. Tomayto Tomahto, I guess :p
Is this going to be another thing Americans find weird because they're retarded? Should I hide my microwave?

https://www.google.ca/#safe=off&scl...61,d.dmg&fp=11da0548c69833bd&biw=1467&bih=880

Jay

Jay

Are you seriously linking me wikipedia pages?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Are you seriously linking me wikipedia pages?
Common parlayence is one of the few situations where wikipedia is useful.

Frank

Frank

It must be a French thing. English Canadians call them grocery stores too.

Jay

Jay

Are you guys so retarded that you can't properly click my link, use your god given eyes and peruse the search results to be provided the simplest of information that simpletons can interpret where locations are clearly stated that are located across the world or are we going to smile and nod dumbly like dipshits and perform a circle-jerk upon my heritage and move on to the next thread where more callous options may flow freely?

Holy shit, Wikipedia was thrown at me as a reference to debunk my point. Seriously? Is this really happening? Do I even exist?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Are you guys so retarded that you can't properly click my link, use your god given eyes and peruse the search results to be provided the simplest of information that simpletons can interpret where locations are clearly stated that are located across the world or are we going to smile and nod dumbly like dipshits and perform a circle-jerk upon my heritage and claim move on to the next thread where more callous options may flow freely?

Holy shit, Wikipedia was thrown at me as a reference to debunk my point. Seriously? Is this really happening? Do I even exist?
overreaction.jpg

Frank

Frank

Ha ha ha, holy shit.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I guess, rather than wikipedia, I'll match Google.ca with Google.ca

https://www.google.ca/#q=grocery+st...61,d.aWM&fp=74d9de1904cf57e8&biw=1440&bih=783

LordRendar

LordRendar

Release date for Germany was June 7.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Really? I looked up the EU release date and it was the 14th. I didn't realize different countries over there had different release dates.

LordRendar

LordRendar

*Shrug* Dont know what to say.You can buy it over Amazon.de and most stores sell it too.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Are you guys so retarded that you can't properly click my link, use your god given eyes and peruse the search results to be provided the simplest of information that simpletons can interpret where locations are clearly stated that are located across the world or are we going to smile and nod dumbly like dipshits and perform a circle-jerk upon my heritage and move on to the next thread where more callous options may flow freely?

It's like Gilgamesh and GasBandit had a baby. A french canadian baby.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, is this where I had to come for the circle jerk?​
...what? Misunderstanding? D'awww.....​

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yep.

Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family. Opposing the octopus are scores of staircases, boxes of banana peels, and one intense sushi chef.

Octodad has gotten himself in a bind between his wife's mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Manipulate his body like a squishy marionette to maintain the masquerade, as too much suspicion from the proper populace will doom him to sleep with the fishes!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

It's like QWOP on meth.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That. Looks. Hilarious.

HOW DID HE FATHER HUMAN CHILDREN?

(Mama had a chicken! Mama had a cow! Dad was proud, he didn't care how!)

BananaHands

BananaHands

I really hope the final boss is a sushi chef.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... none of you guys have played the completely free, original game have you? If you want an unrefined idea how Dadliest Catch will play, I'd suggest trying it out.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Eh, new one looks better - humor came across better.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Eh, new one looks better - humor came across better.
No doubt. It was more of a joke about the sushi chef, who actually shows up in the original.

I also like how the game is just one big Animanics joke.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I want to see someone try and play that with a kinect. :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

Man oh man I am getting so psyched for the summer sale.

Espy

Espy

No doubt. It was more of a joke about the sushi chef, who actually shows up in the original.

I also like how the game is just one big Animanics joke.

OH SHIT I LOVE CHICKEN BOO

PatrThom

PatrThom

OH SHIT I LOVE CHICKEN BOO
He's a giant chicken!

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

He's a giant chicken!

--Patrick
You're crazy!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Man oh man I am getting so psyched for the summer sale.

Steam or GoG? Because the latter is going on right now!

Bowielee

Bowielee

I picked up Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Anachronox (a CRIMINALLY ignored game that was super awesome mix of western and J RPG with ridiculous characters. Seriously, your party members include a Super Hero and an actual PLANET).

GasBandit

GasBandit

Steam or GoG? Because the latter is going on right now!
Steam, but I am watching GoG like a hawk (as I'm on their mailing list, being a repeat customer of theirs).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I see a lot of games coming out, but not ones that feel like keepers. Just ones I want to play and chuck.

I think by the end of the year I'm going to start renting through Gamefly the stuff I'm unsure about.

Dei

Dei

I just want the new Smash Brothers soooo bad.

Also going to play the shit out of Ducktales because yay nostalgia!

Siska

Siska

7 Days to Die (zombie survival sandbox) is looking rather awesome. It's on kickstarter and steam greenlight ---> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160808204