Valheim

GasBandit

Staff member

And I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for this:

There's finally a nude mod for Valheim :wololo:

Now we just need CBBE!
I don't really see why a nude mod for Valheim is that exciting. Unless it' makes completely different bodies I guess.

Let me know when they get a South Park mod that plays "Push It To The Limit" as battle music, and that has Stan yell every time one of the characters dies.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Not really. I stash stuff there when I am huntin wolves, but that was it. If you want to demolish it, go ahead.
Hunting wolves? Are we talking about the same place? Right by the starting circle, right? Like right next to Tinwhistler's place?

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes. Down to the south east are mountains. Wolves do spawn there.
I did find a Fei tombstone up there, but the wolves seemed pretty few and far between ;)

Anyway if you need a place to shack up when hunting wolves, I cordially invite you to throw down a bed in the third floor communal area of my house. I'll need to add you to my ward, though.

It is alright. I got a cart to store stuff in. The tombstone you found is probably the one where I was rushed by 6 or so wolves at once and I got stuck on a rock. Everyone got a hit and I died in 2 seconds.

GasBandit

Staff member
It is alright. I got a cart to store stuff in. The tombstone you found is probably the one where I was rushed by 6 or so wolves at once and I got stuck on a rock. Everyone got a hit and I died in 2 seconds.
The contents of the chests there, and the materials it broke down into, are at the east gate of your other residence in the area (the one near Dei's boat house)

GasBandit

Staff member
We finally managed to take down bonemass tonight. It was a hell of a struggle. Took forever. But in the celebration afterwards, Mr. Z agreed to trade Keltsey to me in exchange for a magic belt. :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Welp, I've discovered a very real memory leak. If you repeatedly log back and forth between one server and another (or in my case a server and a single player game) you will use up about an extra 2 gigs of ram per change until you quit to desktop.

Well, look at it this way. I rescued you from having to live in an uninsulated, bare, clapboard shack (IN THE FREEZING MOUNTAINS), and all it cost me was a magic belt.
"Rescued" is a strong word. And he would trade me for magic beans.

Literally. He probably would have traded me for seeds and a cultivator.

Might I, as a disinterested third party in this game, suggest that one of you perhaps set up a bathing area that involves heated rocks and hot water? Perhaps with a shrine to the god of the North (Ranger).

GasBandit

Staff member
Might I, as a disinterested third party in this game, suggest that one of you perhaps set up a bathing area that involves heated rocks and hot water? Perhaps with a shrine to the god of the North (Ranger).
I really wish we could do water features.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had to change the server port to 42456. Let me know if this causes problems for anyone.

If it does, I recommend you get the quickconnect mod, and enter the following into its config file - this seems to work very well for Keltsey, myself, and Emrys.

Code:
GasBandit's Server:gasbandit.zapto.org:42456:PASSWORDHERE
If you want to use the steam server favorites list trick, it seems to want gasbandit.zapto.org:42457

Last edited:
I had to change the server port to 42456. Let me know if this causes problems for anyone.

If it does, I recommend you get the quickconnect mod, and enter the following into its config file - this seems to work very well for Keltsey, myself, and Emrys

Code:
GasBandit's Server:gasbandit.zapto.org:42456:PASSWORDHERE
I knew I should've gotten a screenshot earlier. :p
ASSWORD

GasBandit

Staff member
So, way back in the day, one of the first structures I was very proud of was this covered bridge, that let me get my cart across the water to get copper and tin home.

1615439359501.jpeg

Well, tonight Celt Z and I revisited it, and made some improvements. It looks, and works, much better now.

1615439409838.jpeg

GasBandit

Staff member
Someone on Reddit had an excellent suggestion, and I hope the devs pay attention to it.

There's a divide among the players about whether metal should be able to go through a portal or not. Half want the convenience, the other half value the challenge and the excuse to use the boats.

Someone said a good balance would be that defeating a biome's boss would make that biome's metal portal-able. IE, you have to schlep copper and tin until you beat the elder, then you can teleport it. You have to ship iron until you beat bonemass. Portal silver? Gotta beat Moder first, and so on.

I have a tiny little outpost that I stole from fulings out in the Plains. Outside this outpost I have 3 tames Loxes because I can't actually control where they go. This plains outpost is near a swamp, and there is nothing more amusing than watching one Lox randomly wander in there and decimate everything while I go in and collect all the drops.

Someone on Reddit had an excellent suggestion, and I hope the devs pay attention to it.
Eh, this sounds like it would break the game design, assuming they are deliberately trying to keep you moving from place to place, and discourage you from setting up a permanent central location anywhere.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Eh, this sounds like it would break the game design, assuming they are deliberately trying to keep you moving from place to place, and discourage you from setting up a permanent central location anywhere.

--Patrick
They're also deliberately trying to make a cooperative experience, but they do give those who want it a PvP option.