Vicki Kenedy: Please vote democrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

The worst part is this gives dipshits like Rush Limbaugh fuel so he won't STFU.
The stupidity of Rush Limbaugh can be a thread all his own... I'm going to be candid and honest; I'd be a liar if I didn't cross my fingers when he had a heart attack in Hawaii. I know it's rotten.

Dave

Staff member
The stupidity of Rush Limbaugh can be a thread all his own... I'm going to be candid and honest; I'd be a liar if I didn't cross my fingers when he had a heart attack in Hawaii. I know it's rotten.[/QUOTE]

I didn't wish him death, but I would have loved to see him lose his ability to speak or work again.

C

Chazwozel

His death solves both those issues. That fat piece of shit isn't going last long anyway, with his weight and the amount of Oxycontin he slugs down his slimy gullet everyday...

The stupidity of Rush Limbaugh can be a thread all his own... I'm going to be candid and honest; I'd be a liar if I didn't cross my fingers when he had a heart attack in Hawaii. I know it's rotten.[/QUOTE]

I didn't wish him death, but I would have loved to see him lose his ability to speak or work again.[/QUOTE]

That is when I got happy 10 years ago, back when he bragged about his "God given talent," then lost his hearing. My first thought was God took it back. Then he got the implants so he could hear again and went back to work. :sad:

I didn't wish him death, but I would have loved to see him lose his ability to speak or work again.[/QUOTE]

That is when I got happy 10 years ago, back when he bragged about his "God given talent," then lost his hearing. My first thought was God took it back. Then he got the implants so he could hear again and went back to work. :sad:[/QUOTE]
With someone like Limbaugh, there are plenty of people who would take his place. People listen to it and execs know it.

Wow, John Stewart savaged the dems over this Monday night.
It's not that the Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. It's that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are in the nurse's office because once again they glued their balls to their thighs
Seriously. A republican just took a former Kennedy stronghold seat. Dude's got balls of steel.

S

Soliloquy

It's not that the Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. It's that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are in the nurse's office because once again they glued their balls to their thighs

Here's the link to the video
for those who can get stuff from the Comedy Central website.

Why is it that Democrats can't seem to accomplish anything?

Why is it that Democrats can't seem to accomplish anything?[/QUOTE]

This time around is because they tried to compromise with a group that is treating politics like an insurgency.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm still getting my back broke at work, but I had to come by to comment about the Massachusetts election.

So, defying even my expectations, Scott Brown has won in Massachusetts. The bluest of blue states, firmly in Obama's corner in 08, stronghold of the Kennedy clan, which also gave us John Kerry, Michael Dukakis and others... has voted in a republican over a democrat just a year later.

Let's just take a moment to consider the earth-shaking implications here. When Virginia and New Jersey, two other blue states, switched and installed republicans in recent elections, many have expressed disinterest, dismissing the elections as meaningless. But now, is there enough smoke now for these people to admit there is a fire? To further drop jaws, the republican who won the Mass election did NOT run as a moderate - he ran on an openly aggressive right-wing platform. He pledged to vote against ObamaCare. He extols the virtue of "spending money on weapons to fight terrorists, not lawyers to represent them."

Now, let's look at this objectively. I don't for a moment believe that Massachusetts had a sudden demographic shift to "redneck." Plus, Brown won by a 5 point margin (I think it was 52-47, right?). It was pretty close. What happened was "just enough" habitual democrat voters decided to vote the other way... this time.

Here's an important snippet from a Washington Post editorial -
But voters also are nervous about one-party rule, especially when it tends toward arrogance or taking them, the voters, for granted. When state Democrats rewrite and then re-rewrite their special election law in the space of five years to suit their party interests, people notice. When the federal tax code is stretched in the health-care bill to give advantages to union workers that non-union workers won't share, people notice that, too.
What's happened here is not anything that represents any kind of groundswell of support for republicans - it's still far too soon for people to have forgotten the free-spending, unpopular-war-prosecuting, Meiers-nominating, lobbyist-fellating, gaffe-filled years that lead to the GOP's crippling losses in the midterm elections of 06 and general elections of 08. Rather, it simply indicates that enough people - not everybody, just enough - did not like how democrats have spent the last year and wanted to make sure they didn't have carte blanche. So, enough "moderates" held their nose and voted for Brown, just enough to revoke Spoiled Daughtercrat's credit card.

Don't get me wrong, I still foresee massive democrat losses in the midterms come this November. But that also has less to do with republicans than it does have to do with democrats and the election patterns of living memory. Truly, if ever there were two parties that deserved eternal minority status, they are the Republican and Democrat parties. It's a shame that the current system foists an entrenched, enforced 2-party dichotomy upon voters.

As for health care, blue dog dems are smelling Coakley's blood in the water (and Obama's, after all, Coakley's polls actually DROPPED six points when Obama and Clinton showed up to stump for her), and with elections staring them in the face this year, I'm not sure enough of them will be willing to throw themselves on their swords on behalf of the party platform. The health care bill, as it stands, doesn't have much chance to proceed... but the problems that lent urgency to the attempt to reform health care finance still loom large in the minds of Americans. Perhaps this time around, such ideas as eliminating state mandates (such as vermont's insistence that any health care policy issued in vermont must cover hair plugs, for example) and the ability to sell health insurance across state lines to increase competition could help drive insurance premiums down. Also, a closer look could be taken at the inherent problems of the health insurance paradigm - that because people already feel like it's somebody else's responsibility to pay for their health care ("I pay my premiums every month, I want an EKG and MRI every time!"), they are inured to the actual cost of procedures, allowing practitioners to raise prices because they know patients won't object to their gouging insurance companies. In addition, there's also tort reform that needs to be considered, since the cost of malpractice insurance ranges from merely raising medical care costs exorbitantly at best, to driving doctors straight out of business at worst... but I won't hold my breath on that front, as the trial lawyer lobby still grips the democrat party firmly by the throat, and there's too much money to be made suing doctors.

All in all, politics is getting interesting again. I'm astounded at how little of their professed platform the democrats were able to accomplish during their year of an unassailable, filibuster-proof supermajority. Remember, it wasn't republicans that prevented ObamaCare from passing thus far, it was vascillating democrats.

Oh, and Barney Frank is already calling for the banning of the filibuster. Odd how he didn't seem to want that in 05.

See you all again soon, I hope.

Not surprising Franks change in position. Hell, Lieberman also said the filibuster should be removed when he was running for Vice President. Look where that is now.

Interesting analysis of Scott Brown here. Apparently, his state legislator career, while certainly to the right of MA politics, rates as rather severely to the left of national GOP politics, as the analyst measures it.

Now, normally, this wouldn't mean much, but in the new, litmus-test-based national GOP, this could get him in trouble in the long run if he doesn't switch to the approved national position on various issues. Naturally, this assumes he won't do it himself, as politicians do, but either way, interesting to see.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Now, let's look at this objectively. I don't for a moment believe that Massachusetts had a sudden demographic shift to "redneck." Plus, Brown won by a 5 point margin (I think it was 52-47, right?). It was pretty close. What happened was "just enough" habitual democrat voters decided to vote the other way... this time.
Every analysis of this should probably start with "There was no incumbent, so a good portion of disinterested voters now have to choose a side, probably with no better reasoning than alphabetic order." ;)

Why is it that Democrats can't seem to accomplish anything?[/QUOTE]

As i recall it's only the full episodes that are blocked in other countries, so everyone should be able to see it.

Also, Martha Coakley sounds like she doesn't understand what populism is...

Status
Not open for further replies.