Video Game News and Miscellany

Hmmm. Are those also the people who brought KotOR to Android? They mention iOS but not Android. Can't talk for the iOS version, but the Android version was actually a good port - movement sucks because, well, touchscreen on a phone, but far better than I expected.

having said that, I love the game, but I'm still hesitant on remakes. Do we really need one? Guess we'll see how it turns out.

figmentPez

Staff member
I think GW wants Necromunda to be a thing outside of 40K so they don't want the Warhammer 40K logo there for some reason.
I thought it was weird that they showed the Warhammer logo at the start, and not the 40K logo, when there's clearly some high-tech stuff going on in the trailer.

Interchangeable use.
Maybe IRL talk about it, but in the setting the main hive has it's own name, and Necromunda is just the world, i double checked.

I think GW wants Necromunda to be a thing outside of 40K so they don't want the Warhammer 40K logo there for some reason.
I thought it was weird that they showed the Warhammer logo at the start, and not the 40K logo, when there's clearly some high-tech stuff going on in the trailer.
Looking at the GW site and Twitter account, i think it's more that they're trying to use that hammer symbol as a general WH thing, with 40k and AoS having their own separate symbols.

Well, that's the end of my HB contributions.
I'd perfectly understand putting a minimum on the HB slider - say, 20% of your money has to go to HB. Putting a max on how much to go to the charity, especially one as low as 15%, means HB is just another store. If I was buying a game to support the devs, I'd buy it elsewhere - their own page, for example.
Incredibly short sighted, I now have no reason to choose HB over Greenman Gaming for example. Most of my Hb games are on Steam anyway, so I'll just need HB for those...5 or so games which are direct downloads. And I probably own those elsewhere already, too, anyway. It was fun while it lasted.

We knew it was coming the moment Humble Bundle was bought out by IGN. Didn't think it would take this long.

The lawsuit, filed in a Washington state federal court, centers on what it considers an illegal tying of the Steam gaming platform (which provides game library management, social networking, achievement tracking, Steam Workshop mods, etc.) and the Steam game store (which processes online payments and delivers a copy of the game). [...G]ames that use the Steam platform also have to be sold on the Steam Store, where Valve takes its 30 percent cut of all sales. By leveraging its monopoly platform power into a "gatekeeper role" for the store, Valve "wields extreme power over publishers of PC Desktop Games".
This...this all sounds an awful lot like the suit Epic is currently bringing against Apple/Google regarding payments and Fortnite. Is this the new thing that's going to be happening? Are PSN and XBL sweating that they're going to be next?

--Patrick

Apparently that new Dark Alliance game starring everyone's favourite early 80s D&D campaign characters Drizzt Do'Urden, the dwarf, and the other two will be day one on Game Pass, both PC and console. I imagine it's going to be full of FTP loot elements. Can't wait for that disappointment.

MEANWHILE, LRR has a good rundown of how hilariously stupid Apple and Epic are.

Remastering what's actually important. Who cares if the format of the third game is a mess from top to bottom and is basically nonsense from start to finish, gotta fix that shitty stock asset.

Spoilers if you actually care what they replaced the stock Tali photo with.

figmentPez

Staff member
Rumors say that Valve is going to be making a new portable gaming handheld with built-in controller, called the SteamPal. There's already been a strong trend of this style of computer, so I would not be surprised if Valve is working on something, though it would stand out heavily from the competition if the rumored $399 price point is real.

As I've previously mentioned, Valve has done a lot of working patching L4D2 and Portal 2 to work better on Linux, and while I thought that was just for Steam getting a native Chrome OS client, it would also work towards SteamPal as well.

Also rumored is that this year will see the announcement of a refresh for Valve's VR hardware, and possibly a new controller as well.

I do wonder which way Valve is going to go with their VR, if they are going to double down on high cost and more advanced controllers, or if they are going to try to compete more with Oculus, since I'm pretty sure the Quest 2 is dominating the usage statistics right now.

So, has anyone heard of DreamWorld? It's a little nuts. If you haven't been paying attention, check out this video.

I'm at the point where I watch people react to this nonsense. It's so bad, I can't even.