Volcanoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp, the phenomenon has crossed the Atlantic. Nine of 13 flights out of St. John's were canceled today, and there is warning that there might be more cancellations on Transport Canada's recommendation.

D

Dusty668

It looks like it's gonna be one of them things. What if it goes on for months? Welcome back to the age of the zeppelin?

D

Dusty668

Wow, this I did not know.

Apparently America is the land of Volcanoes. From this story:

I do not think that Europe needs to be stricter than a country such as America, where you have a lot of volcanoes erupting. Those people have a lot of experience and do not close the whole airspace,” Camiel Eurlings, the Dutch transport minister, admitted.

Wow, this I did not know.

Apparently America is the land of Volcanoes. From this story:

I do not think that Europe needs to be stricter than a country such as America, where you have a lot of volcanoes erupting. Those people have a lot of experience and do not close the whole airspace,” Camiel Eurlings, the Dutch transport minister, admitted.
http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/maps/world.png

He might be referring to the Mt. Helen eruption as well. That said, I do not believe volcanoes erupt on a regular basis in America, but somebody else might correct me on that.

I think the dutch guy needs to get a map and see how many times Europe fits inside the US...

And we do have some flights resuming anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.