What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Kinda getting back to my roots. Stan Rogers was a staple of my childhood. I'm pretty sure he was my father's hero (himself being an old sea man of the arctic ocean).

P

Philosopher B.

Just discovered this band:

Before that I was listening to:

Karen O makes the best animal noises. ♥

The Darkness.

The song doesn't matter, because it is a Goddamn crime they only made two albums. Thankfully Hot Leg is here to sate my hunger for over-the-top 80's music made in the 2000's.

Huh. I liked The Funeral by Band of Horses so I got the album and I was completely unimpressed by every other song. But I don't mind that Islands on the Coast song. However, I don't think I'll be risking the rest of the songs on this album this time.

See, I liked pretty much every song on both albums. I think Band of Horses is fantastic. But, yeah, Cease to Begin (2nd album) is pretty similar in tone to Everything All the Time (1st). You can find the other songs on youtube. I really like the songs The General Specific (not just because it has my screenname and references the same show with the next song title [Lamb on the Lam (in the City)], but also because it's a good song) and Is There a Ghost as well.

E

EpicEpileptic

I've got this song stuck in my head for the longest time since I saw this a week or two ago

And I've been on a huge Vampire Weekend kick recently, just got their new album

I'm debating over whether I should put this in the awesome videos thread as well. Seriously, let it just play, you'll love it.

Edit: ah stupid disabled embedding. Trust me, though. it's worth it.

My playlist just played "Beautiful" by Aztek Trip, which I think would make a good song at a wedding reception, but it might not be something people would move to. Dave'll have to answer that one.

Then it took a cue from GenSpec and played Guster's "Mona Lisa"