What are you thankful for today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
What's one thing that's happened today--small or big--that you're thankful for?

I'm thankful for the mild weather and my very cool grandma, who's turning 80 in just a couple of days.

I'm also thankful that I've had a lot of time to read this summer.

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary. No money to go do anything, but the roast is in the slow cooker and dinner is almost done already for tonight.

Someone gave me some Skittles for my birthday. That was kinda cool, maybe I'll try to make skittlebrau tonight.

I am thankful that tomorrow is the weekend so I can try to catch up some sleep I desperately need (but sadly I know I probably won't)

B

Batdan

My girlfriend's birthday is tomorrow and all the plans I've made are coming together. I've scored tickets to Shakespeare in the Park and a picnic tomorrow evening and the gifts have been delivered via UPS on time to my doorstep. I'm also looking forward to the glomp I'll be getting this evening when I go to her house because the flowers I ordered should be arriving at her work any minute now.

So I'm thankful to actually have a girlfriend, and that UPS didn't hassle with the packages like Fed-EX around here does.

C

Chibibar

I'm thankful for the upcoming weekend, my online friends who keep me entertain while at work so I don't get bored out of my mind (even if some of y'all really rip me a new one once in a while)

S

Steven Soderburgin

I am thankful that we have a president committed to repealing DADT and DOMA, providing universal health care, prosecuting those responsible for the torture and other human rights violations we've inflicted on prisoners of war, and reversing the previous administration's abuses of power to return the rule of law.

-- Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 am --

Oh also, I'm thankful that I was able to get the United Artists DVD pack that was up on woot.com yesterday. :)

Shannow

Staff member
Kissinger said:
I am thankful that we have a president committed to repealing DADT and DOMA, providing universal health care, prosecuting those responsible for the torture and other human rights violations we've inflicted on prisoners of war, and reversing the previous administration's abuses of power to return the rule of law.

Now, to await the rebuttal from the right.
:popcorn:

Two great kids, a terrific wife, a job that doesn't fill me with rage.

Oh and of course, the fact that I'm so, so pretty. :toocool:

EDIT: And of course, you yahoos, who help me avoid the aforementioned job.

M

Mr_Chaz

I'm thankful that the job application I submitted today didn't take hours, it was a nice easy one :)

Cajungal

Staff member
:) Glad to hear it everyone.

I'm also thankful that my widowed aunt has been doing a little bit better lately. She's gotten through all of what I guessed would be the hardest parts: First Thanksgiving, Christmas, Anniversary, and birthdays without Uncle Joey (including his birthday). Saturday I'm gonna see her at my grandma's. I love when we all get together, because we can always make her laugh a little bit.

I'm 20; I have a great boyfriend and a loving family; I'm healthy, have a job that I can reasonably tolerate, and a kickass new phone. What's there not to be thankful for?

HowDroll said:
I'm 20; I have a great boyfriend and a loving family; I'm healthy, have a job that I can reasonably tolerate, and a kickass new phone. What's there not to be thankful for?
Painful rectal itch. You may not have it now, but you know it's always there...waiting.

Today is my brother's birthday, and I'm glad he grew outta being an asshole (for the most part).

Tonight he, some of his friends, and I will be going to the stripper's. It will be my first time.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

Technically this did happen today, even though it was starting at midnight last night through to about 4am this morning -

I'm so very glad I didn't get drunk at the party today.

C

Chazwozel

After engaging in a WoW thread, I'm thankful for being WoW free for almost a year.

I'm thankful for never having played WOW, which I'm pretty sure would have been slightly worse than a heroin addiction for me.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I am thankful that this pregnancy has been uneventful so far, I have a great family, and for having ice cream in the freezer.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ooo what kind?

-- Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:02 pm --

Also, I'm thankful for the Chic Gamine CD I just downloaded. I can't wait to listen to it!

L

lafftaff

I'm thankful that even though I'm unemployed at the moment I don't have a lot of worries. Also, I'm thankful for my mother, and I don't care that that makes me sound like a complete loser.

Also, I'm thankful that I live in a place with central air conditioning. It's hot out there!

Alright, I am thankful for these badboys

They are the single most delicious popsicle or creamsicle I have ever eaten.
If you can find them, DO IT.

I am thankful for a job. One that I don't have to take home with me. That the job also pays the bills well enough for me to get my debt down enough to buy a house and a car.

Cajungal

Staff member
YES. Melon is one of my favorite flavors.

Jones Melon Soda, melon blended with fizzy water, just plain old damn watermelon.... GRAGH so good.

C

Chibibar

Fun Size said:
I'm thankful for never having played WOW, which I'm pretty sure would have been slightly worse than a heroin addiction for me.
I played it. got in to raiding. It was the raiding that got me to QUIT wow.

We were a casual raiders (once a week) and it seems that some players are getting more and more critical. I was the 2nd tank and sometime I hit a key early (to taunt mob off the main tank when needed) even if I was like 1 second early. I was scolded for it. Even on trash mob when I thought the main tank was in trouble due to lag and was going to go down, I rescue the main tank and guess what? I got scolded for it.

I think it was the bitching and moaning in raid that got me to quit.

I was a main tank for a long time in WoW. It made me a worse person. Main tanks always get this sense of entitlement and ego that they are in no way deserving of. WoW free now for 4 months. Hope to never play it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.