"What do you think I was fighting for?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
:rofl:

I knew that would get his Liberepublican ire up.
I'm sure if I dismissed your arguments every day because you live in Utah, you'd get tired of it too. You guys have been spinning this Libertarian=Stealth Republican bullshit for months and it's gotten beyond stale.[/QUOTE]

(This is the last post I'll make on the subject unless you want to take it to PMs - we've taken over the thread for too long already.)

I'm mostly joking because I know you hate it, but I still see it as being true. Every time someone espouses Republican talking points and you call them out on the bad things Republicans have done they almost to a man state that they are Libertarian. Maybe it's because they are too close to differentiate without getting really close, but there you have it. One thing Republicans are very, very good at is branding and using labels to isolate and denigrate. I believe this shift towards supposed Libertarianism is one such ploy.

GasBandit

Staff member
:rofl:

I knew that would get his Liberepublican ire up.
I'm sure if I dismissed your arguments every day because you live in Utah, you'd get tired of it too. You guys have been spinning this Libertarian=Stealth Republican bullshit for months and it's gotten beyond stale.[/quote]

(This is the last post I'll make on the subject unless you want to take it to PMs - we've taken over the thread for too long already.)

I'm mostly joking because I know you hate it, but I still see it as being true. Every time someone espouses Republican talking points and you call them out on the bad things Republicans have done they almost to a man state that they are Libertarian. Maybe it's because they are too close to differentiate without getting really close, but there you have it. One thing Republicans are very, very good at is branding and using labels to isolate and denigrate. I believe this shift towards supposed Libertarianism is one such ploy.[/quote]

You're just saying that because you live in Utah, exactly as I suspected. Though, I guess my support for gay rights and the decriminalization of drugs are a dead giveaway to my ulterior Republicanism!

And who knows, maybe they are turning to Libertarianism. Lord knows the Republicans ain't getting votes outside of bible-thumpers any more these days. Wouldn't it be funny if the implosion of the Republican party gave rise to the Libertarian party as a viable 3rd choice...

D

Deschain

He reads like that because he no longer young. When you're 86, you'll find that your voice is no longer as exuberant or vibrant than when you were 30. For me, it contributes to the effect of his speech. Here is a man who gave his youth in service to our country and now that he is no longer young, reminds our generation of what they fought for.

North_Ranger

Staff member
*picks up his Moving Shovel*

Let's keep this thread on the rails. There's a political forum for a reason.

Also, good speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.