What, no Pokemon Go thread?

Long distance appears to really make a difference for gifts. Sparhawk got a treasure trove of items from my gift, but a gift I sent to another player in Taiwan only gave two items.

1333 3708 2115
Post automatically merged:

Hmmmm...between all of us, it should be pretty easy to earn that "Trade between 1000km" badge.

So if anyone needs a kind of Pokemon to trade, post it here! I tend to candy mine pretty quick or once I evolve something but don't love it, I pop it in a gym then candy, but I'll gladly hang onto stuff if people need it.

Last edited:
1333 3708 2115

Hmmmm...between all of us, it should be pretty easy to earn that "Trade between 1000km" badge.

So if anyone needs a kind of Pokemon to trade, post it here! I tend to candy mine pretty quick or once I evolve something but don't love it, I pop it in a gym then candy, but I'll gladly hang onto stuff if people need it.
Obviously all the regionals (I'll trade a dozen Mr Mimes against a Tauros and a Kangaskhan :p) but trades can only be done within 100m of each other, I thought, so it might be difficult :p

Apparently hatching Alolan eggs counts toward the trade distance medal, so getting gold should be pretty easy just gifting between Halforumites.

Also just hatched Alolan Grimer and Sandshrew, nice! Fingers crossed for that Vulpix
I’ve hatched Grimer, Meowth and Sandshrew. I’ve also caught a Ratatta. I’d love a Vulpix though. I’m home for the day, but one of my eggs is down to 100 metres. It could hatch in the house...right??

I think I’ve sent all of you gifts today. I’ll double check here in a sec :)

Hey, anyone aware of a bug with the gyms? We've just got 3 Pokemon back (each) from defending gyms all day and didn't get a since Pokecoin.

Did you check what time they came back in your journal? Sometimes there's a lag when you get a notification, and they actually returned way earlier.

Did you check what time they came back in your journal? Sometimes there's a lag when you get a notification, and they actually returned way earlier.
Nope, no lag. They were in for several hours, at least.

Ugh, nevermind. I just realized I must have hit my 50 coin a day limit. I really hate that part of the new gym system.

Last edited:
You can all feel free to add my girlfriend as well, she's 6525 7504 4371 .
If or when friend chat is ever introduced, please go easy on her. She has no idea what kind of people I hang out with :p

You can all feel free to add my girlfriend as well, she's 6525 7504 4371 .
If or when friend chat is ever introduced, please go easy on her. She has no idea what kind of people I hang out with :p
I’m perfectly respectable.

In other news, I hatched like six Alolan Meowths today and still no Vulpix.

Sad, sad times.

Hope you continue to get better.
Thanks. It’s chronic and I’m lucky. It’s been a while since I’ve had such a bad day. It took me by surprise. I’m taking it easy today so I’m up for work tomorrow.

The kids were running crazy late for school so I dropped them off and I did drop by my favourite poke-park to catch some new team members and grab some gifts :)

Last edited:
For those interested but not checking such things themselves: gift rewards have been heavily nerfed, with most items dropping in ones and twos.