Where In the World Was ShegoSandiago?

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a safety thing. Would you want to put your family in danger (potential danger) for some money? He does not.
Cash in small amounts is untraceable. Or at least less traceable than her physical week long visit already is. If he finds it one hundred at a time, it gets spread out over weeks, months, maybe even years depending on hiding skill, has no trail to go back to, it's practically laundered.

Well @Dave pretty much nailed it on the head as to why my brother won't accept any large amounts from me. However we had an awesome day shopping yesterday and are going to have a phenomenal weekend on 6th street before I have to head back for sure.

@Officer_Charon: Does Narnian magic work on money? That could be an interesting proposal!

@PatrThom: well uhhh yeah, obviously :p

@Just Me: It also doesn't help being a gay couple in some parts of Mexico. We have literally signed into some hotels with separate beds/rooms because of this. I have really pushed myself into as many gay rights activities and events that my free time allows but it's like a breeze pushing against a tsunami.

@GasBandit: oh the stories I could tell...

So where does one sign up for this big bag of money? Or does it only apply to siblings? And if so, what papers do I need to sign to be your brother, too?

This story kind of went along with what I was thinking (it had to do with Mexican government), but it is a lot more glamorous. I'm happy to hear that you're happy and doing well!

@ThatNickGuy and @Chad Sexington: How's your Spanish? ;)

@WasabiPoptart: I would be lying if I didn't say the majority of the time is just sitting in awe of where I'm at, I hope that feeling never goes away. Luckily I wasn't born with it, my wife is insanely hard to please outside of the bedroom when it comes to just about anything. It's one of the few things we argue about. I make sure to Pay It Forward every chance I get. Wherever we go out to eat, if the service is good and have good attitudes, I tip in ways I wish I had been tipped as a server/bartender. As I stated earlier, I give to Gay Rights groups and attend events almost every month. I do what I can for those who helped me at one point or another.

Not what expected, but still pretty awesome. Hopefully you can figure some way to work around all that and visit your brother and us more!

...international bank...international customers...very large accounts...multi-million dollar accounts...traveling...not 100% legit...running through the bank...high profile people...amusing...strike...Mexican...figured it out...good pictures...I did my best to play...sink...lump...family...it had no meaning...I like it...all over Mexico...completely swallowed...this girl...intoxicated...me...leverage...business...explosive...laptop...public relations officer...breath taking...followed...monitored...cons...desperately...worrying...political...warrant...danger...
Mmmm-hm. Yes, yes. Oh, I see. Please, go on!

@AshburnerX: I knew I was going somewhere in the financial world eventually, I would have never imagine this either. I will be working with some proxy practice with Dave in the near future and see about visiting more often as well.

@NSA: Ohh ho ho, what are you going to do, spy on my telephone conversations? I've seen what your President can do when threatened. I'll cross that red line a couple times like it was a hopscotch drawing.

Let's dance!

GasBandit

Staff member
La unica persona que habla espanol aqui es en el estudio ahora. Desea dejarle un mensaje en el correo de voz?

Aaaaand there's my spanish. Done in one.

Tu mama es una vaca! (Which I jokingly say to my husband when we're talking about how awful my Spanish is, not because I am really insulting his mother who is a sweet lady.)

La unica persona que habla espanol aqui es en el estudio ahora. Desea dejarle un mensaje en el correo de voz?
Aaaaand there's my spanish. Done in one.
Heh. I used to be fluent when I lived in Spain, but that was a loooong time ago.
My Spanish is sooooo rusty (even though my accent is still great) porque falto compadres para practicar.

--Patrick

Did anyone else think Shego was one of the problems at the border? :p

I'm relieved it's true love and marriage and Mexico fairy tale. Stay safe and happy, Shegs.

Shego, all I gotta say is this is way awesome. Keep your head up and don't let the bad outweigh the good.

Oh, and stay safe.

A) If you're godmother to any of Gil's children, it isn't all that unusual to have an account in that child's name and deposit a small amount in it regularly - my girlfriend's putting away €20/week in an account for her goddaughter, for example. unless you're actively funneling that money through the Caymans, nobody'll look t wice - you have a job, you're allowed to have some spare money to spend on your godchild. And if Gil won't accept it, well, at least one (or all of them, depending) of h is children will have some savings if/when they go to college or become adults or whatever. I mean, passing someone a house raises some flags, small regular donations are so common no-one looks.
B) With the pictures of your wife, plus your statement her father's someone important in politics, someone could easily do a bit of digging and find out who -especially someone who knwos something about Mexican politics (not me :p). I dunno, seems you may be being too open if you want to remain unfound.
C) Glad to hear it's been for (moslty) awesome/good reasons you haven't been around. I'm aware of some of the pitfalls of having to live with round-the-clock security, it isn't always great, but it's still a lot better than "just got back from 2 years in jail" or so :p

I'm glad you're happy (mostly) and safe (apparently).

I'm disappointed I was unable to find a Shego-Carmen Sandiego mashup anywhere online.