Which is the least likely minority to be elected President of the USA?

Which is the least likely minority to be elected USA President?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
That would be a very short song. I have been there. Nebraska is no better but SD is nothing of which to sing.

M

makare

That would be a very short song. I have been there. Nebraska is no better but SD is nothing of which to sing.

You watch yourself old man! South Dakota is awesome.... and no not just because I am here although that IS a factor.

Dave

Staff member
South Dakota has 2 things going for it and one has been degraded in recent years by dentists who fancy themselves bikers.

M

makare

South Dakota has 2 things going for it and one has been degraded in recent years by dentists who fancy themselves bikers.

That's it! As soon as I get home I am hitting the love the place I live thread hard....

South Dakota is pure greatness.

Dave

Staff member

That's it! As soon as I get home I am hitting the love the place I live thread hard....

South Dakota is pure greatness.[/QUOTE]

Pfft. Whatever. SD is what gets in your way when you are trying to escape North Dakota and make it to civilization.

M

makare

South Dakota is pure greatness.[/QUOTE]

Pfft. Whatever. SD is what gets in your way when you are trying to escape North Dakota and make it to civilization.[/QUOTE]

That I might agree with Dave. The lack of "civilization" might just be the most awesome thing about South Dakota.

J

JCM

My point is I would vote for someone who puts beans in their chili because putting beans in your chili, like faith, has nothing to do with leading a country.
I agree with this, but sadly Chaz, most people believe that morals go along with religion.

Go figure.
I'm going to have to side with makare here. It makes no sense to vote for somebody who doesn't share your ideals or way of thinking, at least in part. For makare, believing in a higher power is important to her. For another person it will be something else. Maybe they won't vote for a candidate who puts beans in his chili, for example. The point is that is pretty stupid to jump all over someone for choosing to vote according to their ideals, even if they differ from yours.
Pretty much this.

Makare will vote for someone who shares her ideals. Chaz will probably vote for someone who shares his. Religion is only a question when voting if one's values are based on religion.

My point is I would vote for someone who puts beans in their chili because putting beans in your chili, like faith, has nothing to do with leading a country.
I agree with this, but sadly Chaz, most people believe that morals go along with religion.
I for one love the argument that without God there to threaten you with hellfire you can't be a good/moral person... because being good is the same as being afraid of punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.