Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Do you have to stay in certain areas? There are oodles of 2000sqft houses to be had for < $100k nationwide, but they're not exactly centrally located.

--Patrick

Do you have to stay in certain areas? There are oodles of 2000sqft houses to be had for < $100k nationwide, but they're not exactly centrally located.

--Patrick
I mean, yes.

Nate's job is here, he has to be on site, so...we can't go anywhere outside of the valley. Which limits things. This valley kills me. It's a weird...space of nothing - it's a college town, but there's little else here except pretty scenery. :)

I know there's lots of options elsewhere, but my options are here.

I was just meaning for rents, your finances are your finances. Different areas of the country have wildly different ideas of of "outrageous". So it helps to get a ballpark of what you're talking about because I know that the area Celt Z is in is different from you, and from what Dave would see and what I see in this area.

Also, those rent prices may be including certain services or perks that totally make the added cost worth it.

We just bought a house last January, it was $165,000 for a three bedroom less than 15 years old, but we live in what is considered a rural market, less than a 30 minute drive to the largest lake in the state, and 25 minutes of that is basically driving through national forest.

Yup, cost-of-living is something that has huge differences, even more outspoken in the US than in Europe, but in both cases, big cities and places with high-income (high-tech) jobs have higher prices overall. A friend of ours rents a pretty big house for €575 a month...And I rent out a small apartment for €825 a month - half the living surface, at most, and not garden whereas she has a nice big yard. But, obviously, location, location, location. She works in the city I rent my apartment in, but is willing to put up with at least an hour and a half a day extra commute.

I was just meaning for rents, your finances are your finances. Different areas of the country have wildly different ideas of of "outrageous". So it helps to get a ballpark of what you're talking about because I know that the area Celt Z is in is different from you, and from what Dave would see and what I see in this area.

Also, those rent prices may be including certain services or perks that totally make the added cost worth it.

We just bought a house last January, it was $165,000 for a three bedroom less than 15 years old, but we live in what is considered a rural market, less than a 30 minute drive to the largest lake in the state, and 25 minutes of that is basically driving through national forest.
Oh oh, gotcha! So far, a couple of them include water and sewer or they have a washer and dryer in the unit, but from what I see the main reason of the price increase is if it’s in a better part of town or a newer build - which makes sense but still bums me out that we can’t afford it. :/

Especially when Nate has such a high paying job, we should be able to get at least somethinggggg. But people here have either lived her forever so they’re established or they’re just passing through because of college.

I wonder what market we’re considered? I kind of want to look and see. I consider where I live a small town, we’re in a secluded valley with only a few ways in and we’re...thirty minutes or so from the nearest freeway. Anyway, I’m being a baby about it. I just want to find a nice place, so we can actually have a little more space, and not panic at the possibility of getting fucked over by our new landlords/property managers.

Last edited:
Oh oh, gotcha! So far, a couple of them include water and sewer or they have a washer and dryer in the unit, but from what I see the main reason of the price increase is if it’s in a better part of town or a newer build - which makes sense but still bums me out that we can’t afford it. :/

Especially when Nate has such a high paying job, we should be able to get at least somethinggggg. But people here have either lived her forever so they’re established or they’re just passing through because of college.

I wonder what market we’re considered? I kind of want to look and see. I consider where I live a small town, we’re in a secluded valley with only a few ways in and we’re...thirty minutes or so from the nearest freeway. Anyway, I’m being a baby about it. I just want to find a nice place, so we can actually have a little more space, and not panic at the possibility of getting fucked over by our new landlords/property managers.
We rented for 11 years, went with a place that was at the upper end of our budget, but the benefit of good landlord company(they were quick to fix, and even asked if we saw issues when other apartments started having problems) , a gated entry and no issues with doggies.
We had to adjust our budget, but it paid off with the peace of mind we needed at the time and literally not worrying about our safety.

not panic at the possibility of getting fucked over by our new landlords/property managers.
I wish you the best of luck with that.
We lived in an apartment complex that was not in a great part of town, but it was actually pretty nice.
And then the apartment complex got bought by a different management company, and we got new occupancy rules, new parking rules, new lease rules, ugh...

--Patrick

accidentally got phished by a really realistic netflix email for a new login, had to call in and give them a bunch of information to get it fixed. I am dumbass hear me roar.

figmentPez

Staff member
accidentally got phished by a really realistic netflix email for a new login, had to call in and give them a bunch of information to get it fixed. I am dumbass hear me roar.
There's been a lot of those going out lately. I got ones trying for my Amazon Prime, the Netflix I don't have, and a generic one that vaguely implies it's some sort of streaming service. They're trying very hard right now.

As a rule, I won't click any link provided in any email, even if I think it's legit, I'll navigate to the website and sign in manually to check if there's a real notification. What's been getting me lately is someone is using my back-up email address to sign up for stuff. Like, the emails seem to be legit from whatever's being signed up, but I'm not the one doing it, I'm not clicking through to complete registration, and I made sure that email account is secure and not being signed in elsewhere. I'm not sure what benefit it's giving someone to keep doing it.

the worst part is I know to do that, but it didnt ding until i got the weird page from clikcing reset your password. I was like "BONES YOU DUMBASS! ALWAYS DO IT FROM OUTSIDE!"

My daughter was so sick last night she was literally shaking with the chills and crying, so I had to get in the blankets with her and help her keep her hands and feet warm until the NyQuil kicked in enough for her to fall asleep. So I look forward to being miserable in a couple of days.

My neck is killing me. I shouldn’t technically still get flares while on a biologic, by my AS is advanced and my neck has always been the vice-jerk to my SI.

I am meant to work from home tomorrow anyways so I can ice etc and be comfortable. The issue is that there is a guy in another office who always asks all these questions about my health and I don’t have answers. I don’t know why it’s doing this. I am honest with my team and my boss which was a first for me in this job. It’s been bad before, but for the most part this group is great. This guy is trying to be helpful in his way I’m sure, but it’s not.

So today I’m limited to sleep or monster hunter. Usually that’s an awesome day. When those are my only options, it’s less awesome.

I havent slept more than 3 hours at a time in the last 5 nights. Last night i resorted to drugs, the nightmares were palpably terrifying, I was thrown from a cargo plane in high altitude travel pattern. I woke right as I contacted the earth. I dont think im gonna be alive much longer unless i can get some sound sleep.

I havent slept more than 3 hours at a time in the last 5 nights. Last night i resorted to drugs, the nightmares were palpably terrifying, I was thrown from a cargo plane in high altitude travel pattern. I woke right as I contacted the earth. I dont think im gonna be alive much longer unless i can get some sound sleep.
<hugs> I wish I could something to help.

Had one of those days today at work. One of my students got agitated enough to pull my bus monitor's hair.

And then she put it in her mouth and chewed it. :Leyla:

Vore has to start somewehere.:p

Anyway, we've been having a great week so far, too. Not DA-style bad, but still.
My GF and I went to the sea to dogsit for my brother, in my parents' apartment - they all went on a cruise together.
Anyone seen how all planes to the Canary Islands were grounded because of a huge sand storm? Yeah. They never made it to the ship.
When we got back home, half of our living room was under water. The wooden front of the house had been slightly leaking for months now - just a few drops after heavy rain - but the contractor hadn't gotten around to fixing it yet. Guess it's now a little bit more urgent, since my girlfriend had to stay home from work today to empty the buckets of water coming through. Yay melting snow and hail.
I've called the contractor 10 times and sent him 4 mails, finally succeeded in contacting him now at 4PM...He'll try to come by and do a temporary emergency repair so at least it doesn't leak as badly anymore for the coming storms.

just got back from getting my license renewed, EIGHT WEEKS FOR IT TO COME, DAMN YOU REALID! I also learned that I brought enough documentation to upgrade it to a passport ID for travel by car to mexico or canada, i however passed as I cant fathom when id ever be traveling to either place by car as my passport is still required for air travel.

another night of no sleep, work at 6 am, its 11:20 pm, fuck me, every fuckin night....

The head of another department asked me to stop by their departmental meeting and offer some insights into what to do for a certain case. I had no insights whatsoever, despite it supposedly being part of my area of expertise. So I basically went in there and rambled for twenty minutes, and gave them no useful information, and then apologized and left.

As I walked out the door of the conference room, all I could feel was...

1582785109110.png

I was working from home today and I had to go in and meet the cops due to the alarm going off/potential break in. The cops were not impressed by the state of our building. I tried to explain the large space for the few people, but I can’t explain the gross.