Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Perhaps meeting with some one from one of the local agencies would be a better fit.

LIFE IS A MYSTERY! EVERYONE MUST STAND ALONE! I HEAR YOU CALL MY NAME! AND IT FEELS LIKE......HOME!!!!!!
Dammit now I have this song stuck in my head.

I have about four or five things I'd love to do today - vacation day and all - but I have the ennui of a slug and don't have the energy to do any of them.

Bah! I need a brain to pick on a writing thing and don't know who to turn to. I feel weird (and especially guilty) messaging people that I haven't talked to in awhile for things like this.

Update: I did the one option that put me in touch with family whom I've seen maybe a grand total of once or twice in my lifetime.

I appreciated it.

So I brought one of my new stuffed bears on my work trip to take pictures of him on my trip.

Usually I get selected for the body scan and all that foolishness and was all excited when I got the normal lane until my bag had to be checked and my bear was taken out for all to see. Yay?

Drowning my sorrows with a huge draft beer topped with frozen lime margarita. And yes I took a picture with the bear.

So I brought one of my new stuffed bears on my work trip to take pictures of him on my trip.

Usually I get selected for the body scan and all that foolishness and was all excited when I got the normal lane until my bag had to be checked and my bear was taken out for all to see. Yay?

Drowning my sorrows with a huge draft beer topped with frozen lime margarita. And yes I took a picture with the bear.

The person that came up with this is a genius.

Got my test results back. Apparently my diabetes is "out of control", which doesn't surprise me. And now I have to go to the doctor this afternoon.

Uh-oh.

I mean, the means to control so-called "out of control" diabetes certainly do exist, but you ain't gonna like 'em.

--Patrick

Uh-oh.

I mean, the means to control so-called "out of control" diabetes certainly do exist, but you ain't gonna like 'em.

--Patrick
Actually, I've already done the hard work. Back in November (two days before Thanksgiving, as it happened), I had a very bad panic attack possibly brought on by an obscenely high blood glucose level (427), and immediately cut sugar from my diet, almost entirely. I average around 5 to 10 grams of sugar per day now and upped my fiber intake. Whereas before I was living on popsicles, ice cream, candy, coffee with a tablespoon of sugar per cup of coffee 5 or 6 times a day, and tons of pizza, pasta, starchy foods, and carbs, carbs, carbs; I'm now living on meat, whole grains, and veggies, veggies, veggies (the non-starchy kind, lots of greens and brassicas). I've lost 20 pounds in the past 4 months. Add in quitting smoking a couple months ago, and I'm heading in the appropriate direction; I just started from an exceptionally bad place and need to add in Metformin and regular exercise. We'll run the tests again in 3 months and see where we go from there. The really good news was, aside from my A1C and average glucose estimate, all the rest of my numbers were excellent.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night was a bad night. Which makes today a bad day. Utterly morose. I can't muster any enthusiasm for anything. But because the owner is in town and on the premises, I'm doing my best to fake it because I don't want to torpedo my promotion.

Just the chromecast's network interface, or your router's wifi?
Yes.
(My tablet keeps connecting to one and then the other, then every so often the Chromecast app will tell me it failed to connect to my WiFi network)

FINALLY connected.
This is amazing.

Last edited:

Wtf. When we went on our trip to Wisconsin everyone was sent through the body scanner (me and wife opted out both times for a pat down).

I was at the hospital tonight with the girlfriend and her 19-month old son because he was having trouble breathing and kept coughing himself awake. We were there until nearly 4 AM.

On the bright side, she shot a funny little video of me entertaining her son. I'll post it shortly in the New Picture thread. Need to upload it to YouTube.

Oh, and I suppose I should go to bed at some point. I'm tired, but surprisingly still wide awake.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
Ah yes, this morning I'm reminded of how much I hate Windows. I did a fresh install, and there's nothing like a 3 hour update cycle, followed by a crash during "configuring updates", followed by a 2 hour "Failure configuring Windows updates, reverting changes", followed by the update cycle again.

Ah yes, this morning I'm reminded of how much I hate Windows. I did a fresh install, and there's nothing like a 3 hour update cycle, followed by a crash during "configuring updates", followed by a 2 hour "Failure configuring Windows updates, reverting changes", followed by the update cycle again.
Something like that happened to me yesterday, windows please.