Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Going a wee bit stir crazy now, and I'm not even a week into lockdown.
Plus, due to my meds, I'm not allowed any dairy. No cheese is killing me. :(

Our old psychiatrist's office - the one that retired at the beginning of the year to get out from under a health board review for over-prescribing opioid painkillers and (probably) for leaking confidential patient information for his book - has been calling us and all of our emergency contacts all morning long, leaving cryptic messages about contact tracing and needing to get in touch with us. They want money. They haven't seen us in at least 12 months. They've been sued by our insurance company, dropped by every insurance company in the country, and are now going after all of their former patients and threatening us with "collections and legal action."

GasBandit

Staff member
TFW you're driving home from work, on saturday, in your second straight 60 hour work week, to find a dead kitten in the street in front of your house.

"The human mind - fragile, like a robin's egg."

I have been without work since April due to the pandemic. I work as at a company that plans large events and rents out waiters/barkeeper/cooks etc.
We have been furloughed and it seems that we wont survive this. Our headquarters is in Berlin and we have offices in 10 other cities and they cant keep paying rent without earning anything, since the profit margins are so slim.

Problem is, no one is hiring at the moment. This pandemic cant end soon enough. All my savings, which I wanted to use to get a drivers license and a car are gone.
I can pay my rent and utilites, but I have maybe 200€ left for the rest of the month which sucks.

My uncle owns a restaurant, which is managed by his son, my cousin. The pandemic hit them hard, with them pretty much bleeding money for the first half of the year. They managed to survive by putting some staff on unpaid leave, and reducing expenses wherever possible, but they were still very close to closing down permanently. And then in the last few weeks a bunch of restrictions were lifted in Taiwan, so they started getting business again, except they couldn't get their kitchen staff and waitstaff back quickly enough, which led to a few days of very undermanned service. Consequently, the food and service quality suffered, and they got hit by a wave of negative online reviews. Now when you look up their restaurant, a bunch of bad reviews are the ones that show up prominently. Their business hasn't recovered even though things are getting better here. So now they're definitely closing down permanently.

It's a pity, their mapo tofu was to die for.

Fuck everyone buying and hoarding switch consoles so they can resell them at a huge markup. I hope the market gets flooded with them and they start selling for less than retail and they start loosing money.

Fuck everyone buying and hoarding switch consoles so they can resell them at a huge markup. I hope the market gets flooded with them and they start selling for less than retail and they start loosing money.
Not the first, not the last. The artifical scarcity set by scalpers has been a real headache for many of my friends

I think it’s more a by-product of their strategy. They limit stock to make sure there isn’t ever excess inventory that might make resellers want to put them on sale. Combined with COVID restricting their production, there was no way they could catch up.

This is an intentional strategy by Nintendo. They do this will ALL of their major products.
In this case, it was literally a perfect storm of everyone wanting a Switch for lockdown + bots buying up all the stock for resale. Pre-COVID I had no problems finding Switches.

Switches were sold out at all the big retailers here in Taiwan, but I managed to get one by visiting a small independent game shop.

Wet weather the last couple of days has the phones glitching out. So I'm constantly getting phone calls from an unoccupied room. At least tonight I know the room is unoccupied. Sunday night it was "is it a glitch, or is it a real problem? At 3am, I'm not going to knock on the door to find out."

You know what they say about asking questions you're not sure you want answered?

I got a few of those today.

First, my gig as a "temp" for the summer with the Operations (read: Custodial) Dept. of MPS ends next Thursday.

Next, there will be a startup meeting the week of the 3rd so we as bus drivers will know what's going on when/if we return to school.

Last - and this is one that I don't know where it would go in the scheme of things - I found that my "temporary assignment" would be to work with the Xplore program of MPS.

I will let the reader determine why this is a bit of a problem for me.

You know what they say about asking questions you're not sure you want answered?

I got a few of those today.

First, my gig as a "temp" for the summer with the Operations (read: Custodial) Dept. of MPS ends next Thursday.

Next, there will be a startup meeting the week of the 3rd so we as bus drivers will know what's going on when/if we return to school.

Last - and this is one that I don't know where it would go in the scheme of things - I found that my "temporary assignment" would be to work with the Xplore program of MPS.

I will let the reader determine why this is a bit of a problem for me.
I'm sorry, man, all I can think of right now is riot/defense terms. I'm drawing a blank. But I love you and I want you to be safe.

I would be concerned with being in an enclosed space with so many kids from 7:00am-6:00pm daily.

I’m super confused by that page. What school has those hours? If it’s public school, why is there a fee?

It's because they have to reduce classroom density, but they don't have enough actual teachers to reduce classroom density, so they're drafting otherwise idle adults to play the part of "teacher" because the trend towards ever-increasing class sizes is coming back around now to bite them hard in the ass.

--Patrick

Please connect USB cable to device for manual connection. - Check!

Please enter Wifi password to complete manual connection. - ???

Essentially... it's Day Care at School.
Post automatically merged:

It's because they have to reduce classroom density, but they don't have enough actual teachers to reduce classroom density, so they're drafting otherwise idle adults to play the part of "teacher" because the trend towards ever-increasing class sizes is coming back around now to bite them hard in the ass.

--Patrick
Kinda.