Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

The steroid they have me on has been giving me bad heartburn and keeping my brain stimulated at night the last few days. I have a hard time getting to sleep, and when I do it's only for an hour at a time.

The steroid they have me on has been giving me bad heartburn and keeping my brain stimulated at night the last few days. I have a hard time getting to sleep, and when I do it's only for an hour at a time.
Sadly, that happens with many steroids. I have to take some after each of my procedures so I sleep the first night because I’ve been sedated, but then I am wake for several. Are you on them for much longer?

Sadly, that happens with many steroids. I have to take some after each of my procedures so I sleep the first night because I’ve been sedated, but then I am wake for several. Are you on them for much longer?
I have enough for through Wednesday morning. The issue is that I'm suppose to return to work Tuesday, so I'm debating ending it Sunday night and giving myself Monday to wean off if it.

I have enough for through Wednesday morning. The issue is that I'm suppose to return to work Tuesday, so I'm debating ending it Sunday night and giving myself Monday to wean off if it.
Never end steroids early! If you were on them for more than a few days, you should be on a taper.

For example, when I used to take them for my flares, I would start with 10 pills for however many days depending on the severity and then my prescription would taper me down by a few a day until I was only taking one or two for the final day or two.

An abrupt end to a steroid course can really mess with your health.

Is there any way to get a few extra days?

I'm not scheduled for any refills after this bottle is done. So I'll be cold turkey after Wednesday no matter what.
Taking it twice a day, one in the morning and one with dinner.

Nope. It's the same dose every time. I'm on 6mg of Dexamethasone. It's apparently a common cheap steroid that's been shown to be effective against COVID symptoms.

Dear children,

I am sick, tired and miserable. I have a fever, my throat is on fire, my eyes and nose are running and my head feels like someone is pulling it apart.

No, I cannot speak any louder. Stop yelling at me to speak up. Stop yelling in general. It hurts.

I’m super out of it. I am unable to follow the drama about your friends or your complaints about how I’m not solving your computer problem fast enough. Repeating yourself loudly, getting angry and/or accusing me of being rude isn’t helping.

Stop whining that the room is too cold. I have cranked the air because I’m too hot. There are warm rooms in the house.

Please let me rest for a day. I’d settle for an hour without interruption.

Sorry for hogging the rant threads for my wedding crap, it's just a very stressfull period for me because of it and I need to vent somewhere.
So now my fiancee's been coughing all night and sweating and is fatigued and all that jazz, so she has to go get tested which means a complete quarantine for both of us until we get the results back. And if she dos have it, we'll stil lbe in quarantine on the wedding date, so no wedding at all. OH COME ON.

Also, for those who are interested, there is a video live stream of the city hall ceremony, 8/8 11h00 CEST for those interested, but I'm not giving out the link in public. If anyone actually wants to see it, feel free to hit me up in a PM. But be aware that that's something like 5AM for most of you and it's in all Dutch.

My union negotiated a budget for PPE into our contract. This year I used it to pay for reusable cloth masks. I got 20 so I switch them out 4 times a day at work.

Management lady decided that since the company reimbursed me that they were free for all.

She quickly learned how wrong she was.

One of the family members in our family email group has started forwarding newsletters from a website that has ALL THE ANSWERS about how 5G CAUSES CANCER ALZHEIMERS MISCARRIAGES DESTROYS DNA and I had to spend two and a half hours last night putting together a coherent response that wasn't just WHAT HOW DARE YOU BRING THIS BULLSHIT INTO OUR FAMILY.

I think I managed to hold it all together pretty well, considering.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
First saturday I've had off in 4 weeks. So naturally, I wake up to my internet service being down. I cursed myself with my Jackbox answer last night >_<

*wargarble*

My mother drives me nuts. She's exhausting to be around and talk to.

I could go on (and on and on), but for now - AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sp yeah....I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors killed a goose with a boat oar. I am not sure if the goose attacked him or not, point is it was still horrifying.

Welp, feeling really lonely lately, so signed onto a few dating apps. Is dating even possible these days? Maybe it's at least a safer thing in Halifax than other places.

Still, I don't know. It's not even about getting laid. I miss intimacy. And I just want a partner who would be down for outdoor adventures with me. Hiking, canoing, cycling trips, etc. Maybe a weekend retreat somewhere? Is that much to ask for? Adventure! I keep wanting to go places, but it'd be no fun without someone.

Someone that's open and honest about their feelings, too. Someone genuine. Witty would be great; someone who thinks like improv: taking a silly idea and just rolling with it.

Thank you, this has been my overtired, "just go to bed, Nick" Ted Talk.

Welp, feeling really lonely lately, so signed onto a few dating apps. Is dating even possible these days? Maybe it's at least a safer thing in Halifax than other places.

Still, I don't know. It's not even about getting laid. I miss intimacy. And I just want a partner who would be down for outdoor adventures with me. Hiking, canoing, cycling trips, etc. Maybe a weekend retreat somewhere? Is that much to ask for? Adventure! I keep wanting to go places, but it'd be no fun without someone.

Someone that's open and honest about their feelings, too. Someone genuine. Witty would be great; someone who thinks like improv: taking a silly idea and just rolling with it.

As long as you're feeling up to it, I think putting yourself out there to try to find a human connection is absolutely a good thing.

I know how you feel, man. Only difference is I'm at the point where I feel too broken and ugly to try dating.

I know how you feel, man. Only difference is I'm at the point where I feel too broken and ugly to try dating.
QUASIMODOS OF THE WORLD UNITE! :D seriously man, you are a good human being and I hope you find someone! me, ill be over here hiding from the world so not to scar it with my hideous form and ugly personality...

I can relate to both of you. The corona crisis and the restriction due to the lockdown showed me how alone I really am. Despite the limitations, nothing has changed in my daily life. I'm thinking of using dating apps but I don't think it will really help me. To be honest, I've never had a real relationship, never dated. I wouldn't even know what to do.