Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Same for Jesus Christ Superstar: obviously there's plenty of versions still available...but the best version? That's gone. Listen to the movie soundtrack, or to a re-recording, or a live version, or a "highlights" version, but the original West End or the original Broadway recording? Nah, those are gone.
The original album version's still there, right? Ian Gillan and Murray Head and Yvonne Elliman, yes?

Those two indeed, and indeed they're also missing from my copy of the record, so I was misremembering. I recall some songs being/being not on various versions but I actually thought this one did have them. Ah well. Still the best version as far as I'm concerned, despite the wrong Jesus :-P That Judas, Mary and Caiaphas are just too awesome.

Yeah no, fuck that. HR.
I am super sore, dizzy and pukey today. Next week I will be angry and speak to someone.

He is a douche canoe on many levels. He mocked my coworker for being incapable of a standing jump that is half her height. His first stop on the tour was to the gym.

I am super sore, dizzy and pukey today. Next week I will be angry and speak to someone.

He is a douche canoe on many levels. He mocked my coworker for being incapable of a standing jump that is half her height. His first stop on the tour was to the gym.
This guy is a walking harassment claim. Doubly so for mocking your disabilities.

When he's fired, can I get his job? :D

I have had zero luck in getting people held accountable for mocking my health issues. It drives me wild. I actually got chewed out for treating someone differently after they said horrible things about my health years ago. Damn right I treated them differently. They acted like an ass and I had no interest in non-work chit chat.

I'm watching videos on bikepacking and...god, I wish I knew more people who were into biking. Especially ones who live in my area who would be down for morning rides before work or something.

But I keep wanting to do bikepacking, which is a combination of biking and camping. Bring camping gear with you and settle down for the night somewhere along the way. If I had the time, I'd love to bike to Yarmouth and back.

But the problem is...I just don't know anyone who would be interested in that. I'm not really part of any biking community. And because I'm not as active on the bike as I wish I was, I don't really feel like I'd fit in.

I want to bike more this summer, but it's not always fun to do alone. Especially long, all-day rides. I haven't bikepacked before because I don't have any of the equipment, I don't really know what I'm doing, and I don't have anyone to join me.

That sounds like something MEC would know about and likely organize. Given how many gorgeous parks we have nearby and the amazing places me have to back country camp nearby, going there on your bike is a natural extension of that. MEC sells the backpacks for hiking in, which might do for biking, or sell ones for that and they sell the hammocks etc for light weight camping so you can fit everything for a week long trip in your pack.

I was looking forward to watching The Ten Commandments today. But for the first time in my memory ABC is not playing it today. I can only find it for rent on Amazon.

I fell during our office move the other day and I’m still sore. I can handle being sore as I live with chronic pain. Extra pain sucks, but is manageable. I’m good at distracting myself with the new Monster Hunter game.

What I’m handling less well is how badly my head hurts. It’s wicked. Especially when I sit up/move. I’m taking Tylenol (in addition to my migraine meds-I can feel my migraine in addition to this), but this is weird head pain like when I feel on my head a few years ago.

I feel gross. That is my whine. (Edited for unfortunate typo).

Last edited:
I fell during our office move the other day and I’m still sore. I can handle being sore as I live with chronic pain. Extra pain sucks, but is manageable. I’m good at distracting myself with the new Monster Hunter game.

What I’m handling less well is how badly my head hurts. It’s wicked. Especially when I sit up/move. I’m taking Tylenol (in addition to my migraine meds-I can feel my migraine in addition to this), but this is weird head pain like when I feel on my head a few years ago.

I feel gross. That is my whole.
You might want to go to urgent care and get checked for a concussion if you feel weird.

Tried installing a pannier rack onto my bike and failed miserably. Can't even find where to put the screws into the bike frame.

I'm fucking useless.

figmentPez

Staff member
Tried installing a pannier rack onto my bike and failed miserably. Can't even find where to put the screws into the bike frame.

I'm fucking useless.
I find it far more likely someone at the company who made the bike rack is the useless one. The designer, or the one who made the instructions, or the one who designed the packaging, and almost certainly the marketing team. I doubt you are the primary cause of failure here. Anyone who can install that rack to your bike would probably have to fix some problem the average person should not be expected to solve.

I'm on the e-mail list for the alumni society of my grade school.
I just got an notice from them about the annual alumni weekend that they host in May - this year it's virtual.
And they always do special events for those on the 10th, 20th, etc. reunion years.

This year, apparently, is my 20th high school reunion.

So, ya. That's a thing that's happening.