Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I love the fact that when someone posts a "I hate it online when someone does this thing", it's always immediately followed by someone doing the thing.

On a completely unrelated note, I am so sick of women constantly feeling like they have to post topless pictures for attention. I mean, we get it - you're boobtacular. You don't have to prove anything to anyone.

To reassure OP that there are others out there who feel the same. Kinda like the brofist.
Alternately to say, "I was coming here to post this but looks like someone already did/you beat me to it."

--Patrick
Yes! Absolutely! THANK YOU for putting this feeling in words better than I ever could!

To reassure OP that there are others out there who feel the same. Kinda like the brofist.
Alternately to say, "I was coming here to post this but looks like someone already did/you beat me to it."

--Patrick
Well, that's what I mean when I make that kind of post, for sure. Kind of a mix of "small world" and commiseration/support for the posted idea.

Nope. Too high.

(Seriously - 6% Relative humidity.)

---

I should point out that the 50C was localized. A lot of places that are heat sinks around the Valley (parking lots, open areas) had ambient air temps around 140F (60C). Phoenix set an "official" record for the day at 118F (47.8C), and likely will again tomorrow at 117F (47.2C).

TL,DR: It's hot here. Even for Phoenix. Even for this time of year.

My rude little shower hives are gone and I have these huge, raised ones. These are far less itchy and offensive as the little ones, but my arms and legs are covered and I have a few on my face and they’re hard to ignore. No idea what got me. $&%*€£!!

My rude little shower hives are gone and I have these huge, raised ones. These are far less itchy and offensive as the little ones, but my arms and legs are covered and I have a few on my face and they’re hard to ignore. No idea what got me. $&%*€£!!
I get itchy in heat and hot water, which I know isn't the same as your issue, and certainly not to the point of hives. Still, it is nice to share our various problems in case there is some element of overlap we didn't notice.

I have a lot of mild issues, like asthma, esophagitis, occasional irritable bowels, mild migraines, sneezing, and congestion or a runny nose that are all fairly unpredictable. I've begun operating under the assumption these last 6 months that I have histamine intolerance. I upped my water intake, since dehydration can (apparently) increase histamine production, and I take an OTC antihistamine every 7-10 days, usually finding symptoms relieved for a few days afterwards and slowly building back up over the next week. Supposedly a lot of foods can also contribute to elevated histamine in your body, but I am not at the point yet of cultivating my diet around that. The hydration has helped the most, I think, and I find I can stand hot showers again, for longer and at much hotter temperatures. Supposedly 1% of the population has this, most of them middle-aged. That might mean someone else here has it and isn't aware.

Anyways, be sure to drink plenty of water, everyone.

I get itchy in heat and hot water, which I know isn't the same as your issue, and certainly not to the point of hives. Still, it is nice to share our various problems in case there is some element of overlap we didn't notice.

I have a lot of mild issues, like asthma, esophagitis, occasional irritable bowels, mild migraines, sneezing, and congestion or a runny nose that are all fairly unpredictable. I've begun operating under the assumption these last 6 months that I have histamine intolerance. I upped my water intake, since dehydration can (apparently) increase histamine production, and I take an OTC antihistamine every 7-10 days, usually finding symptoms relieved for a few days afterwards and slowly building back up over the next week. Supposedly a lot of foods can also contribute to elevated histamine in your body, but I am not at the point yet of cultivating my diet around that. The hydration has helped the most, I think, and I find I can stand hot showers again, for longer and at much hotter temperatures. Supposedly 1% of the population has this, most of them middle-aged. That might mean someone else here has it and isn't aware.

Actually it might be the start of the very same issue. Do some research into chronic urticaria. Usually if someone has this, they have a trigger or triggers. Sometimes, the trigger can be super easy to identify and get treated. Other times, it can be super tough. Mine was mistaken for laundry soap, shower gel etc. and many things before the water I was showering in itself.

Taking a photo journal on my phone helped.

I read a story about a severe case in my doctors office once where a young child’s trigger was UV light. What a mess!

Actually it might be the start of the very same issue. Do some research into chronic urticaria. Usually if someone has this, they have a trigger or triggers. Sometimes, the trigger can be super easy to identify and get treated. Other times, it can be super tough. Mine was mistaken for laundry soap, shower gel etc. and many things before the water I was showering in itself.

Taking a photo journal on my phone helped.

I read a story about a severe case in my doctors office once where a young child’s trigger was UV light. What a mess!
I've struggled with it for 15 years without really worsening. It is definitely linked to stress for me and it has improved with anti-anxiety medication and, as I said above, trying to manage histamine levels in my body.

Huh, I wonder if I have something like that. I can’t drink beer anymore, except maybe coors light, my sinuses balloon up and go crazy. Same with some wines and meads. I’ll also get swings where my allergies will get really bad until I take enough Benadryl to knock me out for a day, and then I’ll be fine for a while.

Had to leave dinner at my sister's early because my brother-in-law was...well, he's not anti-vaxxer, but he does go on about Covid not being any worse than the flu. And arguing with him is like arguing with an internet troll. It was just too much.

On top of that, there was also a brief discussion about the high temperatures lately, and the Colorado River drying up or the outbreak of blue-green algae in a local lake and it just triggered my eco-anxiety.

Had to leave dinner at my sister's early because my brother-in-law was...well, he's not anti-vaxxer, but he does go on about Covid not being any worse than the flu. And arguing with him is like arguing with an internet troll. It was just too much.

On top of that, there was also a brief discussion about the high temperatures lately, and the Colorado River drying up or the outbreak of blue-green algae in a local lake and it just triggered my eco-anxiety.
The local blue green algae outbreak was scary. It was here and we thought it applied to us. I have never seen such a scary water advisory. Several pets died. Our kitten, while large for a kitten is still pretty small and any tainted water would have been too much for him.

It has been way hotter here than normal and the humidity has been wild.

I don’t know what the answer is, but I wish that we as a society were doing more to find solutions. The barriers to owning zero emission vehicles are too high. There is still a lot of misinformation about them and so much distrust/hate. You can’t charge if the power goes out!! Nor can you pump gas without power....

There are rebates, but they aren’t well advertised and poorly administered. We got lowballed and sent an e bike rebate. Gee thanks lol.

I’m rambling and I’m sorry. I too am concerned and wish our government and society as a whole were more concerned.

=sigh=

This 20,000 lb analog scale has 50 lb increments.

I do not need a datasheet that displays information to 1/1000th of a pound.

It's almost as if the person building the datasheet has never tested one of these units before.

No, wait, that was bitchy of me.

I know for a fucking fact they've never tested one of these units before.

Did they just suggest a group arts and crafts project for team building? I had to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. I am in a lot of pain, it’s possible, right?

But no, it was real. I declined based on having a ton of real wok to do and also not understanding why we would need that. If buddy wants to he can fill his boots though. I won’t stand in his way and the email said I was free to decline.

And then he shares it and begs for feedback. Not so free to decline I guess? And no doubt buddy will continue to discuss his “innovative nature” and “ team building spirit” and “understanding what the workers want” while I’m busy being one of two staff who can literally meet the needs of our most urgent job.

Yes, I’m nasty today. I’m in pain and covered in rude hives.

Sorry if this was too nasty.

I do not need a datasheet that displays information to 1/1000th of a pound.
It's almost as if the person building the datasheet has never tested one of these units before.
You're just upset you're [being kept] out of the loupe.

--Patrick

Last edited: