Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

This week, I am on site commissioning the new audio processing and control system for the County Expo Center. Which is where they do the rodeo, FFA, and cattle judging and stuff, in covered arenas and pavilions.

There's no event right now but OH MY GAWD does EVERYTHING still smell like SO MUCH POOP.

My covid mask is doing extra duty, let me tell you.
Stop by the store on your way home and pick up some Vick's Vapour Rub. Put some of that inside your mask and you won't smell anything else.

Stop by the store on your way home and pick up some Vick's Vapour Rub. Put some of that inside your mask and you won't smell anything else.
Sarah is getting Lasik in December and this was my suggestion to her when she said the only thing she was concerned with going into it was the smell of the laser burning flesh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sarah is getting Lasik in December and this was my suggestion to her when she said the only thing she was concerned with going into it was the smell of the laser burning flesh.
Reassure her that the smell is much closer to burning hair than burning flesh.

When I got Lasiked back in 2006, the most disturbing part was the sensation as my eye was sliced open (the anaesthetic is really good, you feel nothing, like run your finger lightly on your skin, that's it, it was disturbing because I knew what was going on) followed by the flap being pulled back, so you're sorta looking THROUGH your eyeball, like a block of gelatin. So weird.

Best money I've ever spent, though. 10/10, would recommend, the whole thing is over in a blink.

Last edited:
I'm another person who will vouch for LASIK to the point of being annoying. I cant explain it, but the burning didn't bother me. I remember being on the table intellectually knowing it was gross but still very calm.

GasBandit

Staff member
The valium made it all pretty chill. The slicing of the eye open with the special donut scalpel, the machine-gun knocking of the laser, it was all no sweat.

Is that the one where she gets laserbeam eyes?
Only in rare cases.

I feel very sensitive about my eyes, and even just reading your descriptions makes me want to run screaming from this thread.
That is 100% me with anything eye related. She keeps talking about it and I listen cause of course I wanna be supportive and let her work out what she needs to processwise to get ready for the surgery but all I can think about the entire time is when they've got Alex's eyes pryed open in A Clockwork Orange

Saw doctor and the ligaments are unstable. It was kind of gross to watch him check it out. I need to keep it splinter for quite a while so I will continue to struggle typing etc for work. I’m pretty sure they thought the kitten was rolling in my keyboard again at some point.

We are also out of Diet Coke and I have a sick kid at home.

Fun day ahead!

After normal dating sites were not working out I lowered the standard and started to use "sigh" Tinder. I learned one thing so far. So far no woman on Tinder lives anywhere remotly nearby.

So we're taking care of a dog for the local shelter again. This time, we know she'll be able to go home - her elderly human is currently in the hospital with a broken foot (why are you staying in the hospital if you've just got a broken foot? Dunno. Don't ask me, maybe she's like 95 or something?) Anyway, no network to take care of the dog so the police dropped her off at the shelter and she couldn't calm down there so they handed her off to us.
Now, this is....Do you know dogs that are cute from ugliness? This isn't it - this is just ugly from ugliness. Eww. But anyway. More importantly, though, she clearly misses her human a lot and she hasn't stopped whining, crying or barking since yesterday. And I mean, constantly. Not every five minutes. Constantly. She finally managed to fall asleep exhausted for about 3-4 hours in the middle of the night but that's it. Otherwise, she has only been quiet when she was drinking or eating, and even so she'll try to continue whining while doing those. And this isn't a small yappy dog, this is "woof" territory., not "yip yip yip".
Uuuggggghhh. If i find out there's a husband or daughter or whatever of the owner who simply can't/won't deal with it because the dog's too annoying, I'm going to be mightily pissed. And if/when the owner gets out of the hospital, I may just start going there so they can see each other in the hopes she calms down a bit. I'm pretty sure my wife can't take much more of this, and honestly, neither can I.

Probably... We have the dog the lead and she took us straight home (apparently like a 10 minute walk from where we live). If/when she gets out of the hospital it might really be better that I just go over to walk the dog 3-4 times a day and she stays there rather than stay with us until the human 's all healed up.

Had to go out to do some cactus killing today.

No, not what you're thinking. See, our gutters are covered to keep things from getting stuck in them - theoretically. Unfortunately, dust doesn't understand that, and it gets blown into the bottom of the gutters. Then, the various birds that fly around our park like to snack on the seeds of the various cacti we have here, and when they land to rest, they occasionally drop some - either pre-fertilized or unfertilized - onto the gutters, and, well, nature then takes its course.

I had a kinda tall-ish one, about 14-15" high, that my neighbor noticed. Then, as I dug that one out, I saw two more further down the roofline.

I then had to go around to the other side - which happens to be the southern exposure - and check to see if there were any over there. Yep, one close to our palm tree. That one was basically growing right inside the gutter and under the hood area, so I now have an intimate knowledge of the guts of various cacti in this state.

Now, I know what you're thinking: no, what I did isn't illegal, because none of these things were the protected Saguaro cactus. But damn if those things aren't annoying to try to uproot - and not from that much base soil, either.

Had to go out to do some cactus killing today.

No, not what you're thinking. See, our gutters are covered to keep things from getting stuck in them - theoretically. Unfortunately, dust doesn't understand that, and it gets blown into the bottom of the gutters. Then, the various birds that fly around our park like to snack on the seeds of the various cacti we have here, and when they land to rest, they occasionally drop some - either pre-fertilized or unfertilized - onto the gutters, and, well, nature then takes its course.

I had a kinda tall-ish one, about 14-15" high, that my neighbor noticed. Then, as I dug that one out, I saw two more further down the roofline.

I then had to go around to the other side - which happens to be the southern exposure - and check to see if there were any over there. Yep, one close to our palm tree. That one was basically growing right inside the gutter and under the hood area, so I now have an intimate knowledge of the guts of various cacti in this state.

Now, I know what you're thinking: no, what I did isn't illegal, because none of these things were the protected Saguaro cactus. But damn if those things aren't annoying to try to uproot - and not from that much base soil, either.
At least the crap I have to get out of the gutters don’t have needles ready to puncture me.

In my experience, bumble is better.
I got on Tinder a few weeks ago. I figured women would be happy to find a guy that wasn't on there trying to get laid. I basically just wanted to make friends and find some local folks to hang out with and talk to. You know, basic human interaction?

So far, I've gotten two women mad at me because they were looking for a hookup and all I wanted to do was chat. This isn't even a big town. heh

I got on Tinder a few weeks ago. I figured women would be happy to find a guy that wasn't on there trying to get laid. I basically just wanted to make friends and find some local folks to hang out with and talk to. You know, basic human interaction?

So far, I've gotten two women mad at me because they were looking for a hookup and all I wanted to do was chat. This isn't even a big town. heh
They were on an app for hooking up. Not sure why you were surprised that they were looking for likeminded people.