Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Omg, a few weeks ago I was in a large call and this person accidentally shared their screen and they were writing emails etc unrelated to the call. It was hilarious!

That story ended far tamer than expected. Seriously, if it's still work but just unrelated, the person practically deserves a medal for multitasking.

I was in class during my college days and we had a program that allowed screen sharing. Once while in the middle of a lecture, the professor stops and pulls up one girl's screen as she is typing out personal emails. She see this and TURNS OFF HER MONITOR! She is then confused as to why her screen is still showing on the projector at the head of the class. In most cases, this would get a chuckle, but our class was part of the INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MAJOR. :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

We didn't see her in any other classes the next semester.

We used to have a requirement for ours to be in as well until the bandwidth tanked. Now only the speaker and/or meeting chair has theirs on and we turn ours on just to say our parts.

I specially had Jun come up this weekend to enjoy fall foilage, because according to all the maps, this is the time. Of course it's going to be wet and cold Saturday and Sunday. Well, hope the trees in Allegany National Forest give us some cover.

GasBandit

Staff member
I specially had Jun come up this weekend to enjoy fall foilage, because according to all the maps, this is the time. Of course it's going to be wet and cold Saturday and Sunday. Well, hope the trees in Allegany National Forest give us some cover.
This sounds like the opening setup of a serial killer movie. Let's go into the woods! In October! To look at the leaves! Oh no, it's raining, maybe we can take shelter in THAT OLD CABIN OVER THERE

Almost put this in the dream thread, but this feels more like a whine.

Woke up early from a bad dream. In the dream, a customer somehow got hold of my personal phone number and called ME to complain about the wait times calling through the official channels.

At first, I tried being professional and polite, saying they reached my personal line and I can't help them. I even told I'm on leave (which I currently am), so it would be wrong for me to access their account for multiple reasons.

When she tried pushing the matter and pleaded that I help, I flat out told her "I'm speaking for myself here, not my company. Don't call me again at this number or I'll block your number." And hung up.

Since working here for 3 years, that scenario is one of my biggest fears. Not that it would happen, since I never give out personal information like that to any customer. But still, it's something I'm always inexplicably afraid will happen.

Almost put this in the dream thread, but this feels more like a whine.

Woke up early from a bad dream. In the dream, a customer somehow got hold of my personal phone number and called ME to complain about the wait times calling through the official channels.

At first, I tried being professional and polite, saying they reached my personal line and I can't help them. I even told I'm on leave (which I currently am), so it would be wrong for me to access their account for multiple reasons.

When she tried pushing the matter and pleaded that I help, I flat out told her "I'm speaking for myself here, not my company. Don't call me again at this number or I'll block your number." And hung up.

Since working here for 3 years, that scenario is one of my biggest fears. Not that it would happen, since I never give out personal information like that to any customer. But still, it's something I'm always inexplicably afraid will happen.
I firmly believe people should be paid for work dreams.

I have dreams all the time about working at the place I got fired from in March.

Had a weird one where I had just finished a cross-country drive, and I had parked to go into a mall of some sort, and I forgot where I parked. My car wasn't where I thought it was, so I wandered around the parking lot outside this huge mall, clicking my remote to see if my car chirped. It never did.

One of my aunts died in a car accident this past week. I believe she's also my godmother. I...honestly didn't know her very well. But I knew she was one of those kinds of people that constantly put others above herself and thought of other people. Apparently she and her husband were driving down a steep hill only for the breaks to give out. She was driving. And rather than risk hurting anyone else and driving into traffic, she purposely drove into the wall of a nearby building.

My uncle was injured, but is in more of a stable condition. I don't know what he's going through right now, emotionally or mentally.

I bought Halloween candy recently, one of those "3 bags for $10" deals. And I got the good candy, too. Like Reeses, KitKat, Twix, etc. I hid it up on a self that only I can reach. (It helps to be the tallest person in the house.) I've been craving a Twix since last night. I finally gave in and when to treat myself to one.

I did not buy Twix.

I just wanted some chocolate and caramel, dammit!

I bought Halloween candy recently, one of those "3 bags for $10" deals. And I got the good candy, too. Like Reeses, KitKat, Twix, etc. I hid it up on a self that only I can reach. (It helps to be the tallest person in the house.) I've been craving a Twix since last night. I finally gave in and when to treat myself to one.

I did not buy Twix.

I just wanted some chocolate and caramel, dammit!
I'm a Twix person too.

To clarify, I don’t believe that my much younger colleague should have been called girl either.

I could go off on an extended rant about women being taken seriously in what was once a male dominated field (and was still when I started), but I am afraid that it would be an unpleasantly foul rant given my current mood.