Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

So far no fewer than six cans of Diet Coke have frozen and exploded in the snack bar cooler tonight. Ive unplugged the thing, but there are still a few distended potential grenades left in there.

I had a candy bar and broke the porcelain crown on my endo treated tooth (2nd molar, upper left #15). Being literally half a year from being a licensed dentist, I know how shitty this situation just became. Damnit. Of course, the irony is that the dentist in shanghai that did the molar root canal did it poorly, and the US dentist who made the crown....did it poorly. So here I am with a painful (shouldn't be if the RCT was done right) tooth and a broken crown (shouldn't be, but occlusal reduction wasn't enough and the margins were left open) that's sharp as shit on my tongue. I might go into clinic early tomorrow and have it evaluated.

I had a candy bar and broke the porcelain crown on my endo treated tooth (2nd molar, upper left #15). Being literally half a year from being a licensed dentist, I know how shitty this situation just became. Damnit. Of course, the irony is that the dentist in shanghai that did the molar root canal did it poorly, and the US dentist who made the crown....did it poorly. So here I am with a painful (shouldn't be if the RCT was done right) tooth and a broken crown (shouldn't be, but occlusal reduction wasn't enough and the margins were left open) that's sharp as shit on my tongue. I might go into clinic early tomorrow and have it evaluated.
I just had a mental image of you going, "Fine, I'll do it myself," and then fixing the issues in your own mouth while standing in front of a mirror.

I just had a mental image of you going, "Fine, I'll do it myself," and then fixing the issues in your own mouth while standing in front of a mirror.
Wish I could, but perhaps this will help illustrate:

X91743_11.JPG

This radiograph is a little older (from 2019), but it shows the issues well. The tooth in question is the last tooth in the photo (right side). The bottom of the picture is the crown of the tooth (this is an upper tooth, so the "top" of the tooth in this x-ray would be at the bottom). Here, on both the left and the right, and....more than that really, the crown was not seated properly, leaving open margins which is a huge no-no for a crown,

problem1.jpg

Problem #2 is the shitty root canal treatment. The white lines down the canals you see is gutta percha, which is placed in the canals and seals each canal from end to end. Ideally, the gutta percha should end 0.5mm from the apex of the tooth (the end of the root). It does not in my case, as seen here. On DEXIS (our radiograph software), it appears at least 4-7mm from the apex. Grossly underfilled.

rctissule.jpg

So I've had a re-infected tooth, with a poorly fitted crown that finally broke, and the broken crown feels like daggers against my tongue. I'm |-| this close to pulling it and getting a bone graft/implant in a couple years. Probably would involve crowning the tooth below it because without an opposing tooth it's going to start super eruption, but that's just how things work. Of course, in my case, it's not that easy. Direct your attention to the panoramic radiograph:

X91743_19.JPG

In this case, my sinus go really, really far down. I've outlined them in the picture below:

sinuses.jpg

Implants should be places at least 1mm away from the sinus. This means that even if I wanted an extraction and an implant, first I'd have to get a sinus lift surgery + bone graft + 6 months healing before the implant could even be placed (which requires another 6 mo healing before the implant could be placed), oh and thousands of dollars. To sum it up, it sucks and my knowledge of the situation makes it suck more. Hopefully tomorrow my preceptors will call me an idiot and suggest an easier fix, but I have my doubts.

Wish I could, but perhaps this will help illustrate:

View attachment 39288

This radiograph is a little older (from 2019), but it shows the issues well. The tooth in question is the last tooth in the photo (right side). The bottom of the picture is the crown of the tooth (this is an upper tooth, so the "top" of the tooth in this x-ray would be at the bottom). Here, on both the left and the right, and....more than that really, the crown was not seated properly, leaving open margins which is a huge no-no for a crown,

View attachment 39289

Problem #2 is the shitty root canal treatment. The white lines down the canals you see is gutta percha, which is placed in the canals and seals each canal from end to end. Ideally, the gutta percha should end 0.5mm from the apex of the tooth (the end of the root). It does not in my case, as seen here. On DEXIS (our radiograph software), it appears at least 4-7mm from the apex. Grossly underfilled.

View attachment 39290

So I've had a re-infected tooth, with a poorly fitted crown that finally broke, and the broken crown feels like daggers against my tongue. I'm |-| this close to pulling it and getting a bone graft/implant in a couple years. Probably would involve crowning the tooth below it because without an opposing tooth it's going to start super eruption, but that's just how things work. Of course, in my case, it's not that easy. Direct your attention to the panoramic radiograph:

View attachment 39291

In this case, my sinus go really, really far down. I've outlined them in the picture below:

View attachment 39292

Implants should be places at least 1mm away from the sinus. This means that even if I wanted an extraction and an implant, first I'd have to get a sinus lift surgery + bone graft + 6 months healing before the implant could even be placed (which requires another 6 mo healing before the implant could be placed), oh and thousands of dollars. To sum it up, it sucks and my knowledge of the situation makes it suck more. Hopefully tomorrow my preceptors will call me an idiot and suggest an easier fix, but I have my doubts.
Tl;Dr "I'm fucked and I know the technical extent of how fucked I am. I hope my teachers can reassure me saying I'm not as fucked as I think I am."

The PS5 was pure dumb luck and I’m super pumped.

kids and I went to EB games for our free codes for shiny legendary in Pokemon Shield (Sword codes comes out in a few weeks) and my oldest says:

Mum, they have PS5s!

I said that those were promotional boxes and that no way did they have them.

She said, but the boxes!

I said that even if they had some, no way did they have hundreds.

Buddy overheard us and said that actually they had one that just arrived an hour ago that wasn’t someone else’s preorder.

We took it :)

we will pretend we didn’t know about it at Christmas:)

My spouse and I are terrible with Christmas gifts. We'll order them, get them in like November, and then sit and look at each other like :cool::thumbsup::problemo::trolol: until we give the other one whatever it was weeks early.
I dropped the ball on gifts last year bc I was living in a hotel for a few weeks so I really feel like I gotta bring it this year. Usually it's like one good thing I know they'll like and a bunch of personalized joke gifts

I used to be awesome and on the ball with everything bought and mailed by August.

Now, I’m not.

I am also more likely to do gift cards now which works well for my nephews as they love Fortnite and I’m super happy to help with that :)

So one of my first post-raise purchases was going to be to replace the Walmart futon couch with an IKEA sofabed. I select a good candidate and proceed to checkout, if only to check on delivery costs.

The delivery charge itself was close to $100 more than the item I was thinking of buying. :Leyla:

Granted, I *am* over 100 miles away from the store. So it goes.

You guys are fucking crazy. Pemmican is survival food. You eat it to not die during the long cold Canadian winters. It's barely edible.
I made some last month as a snack, since it's hard to find non-carby snacks that don't cost an arm and a leg. It wasn't my favorite thing. lol