Woo-Hoo In-and-Out Burger coming to DALLAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, In-n-Out has a horse face ;)
Pretty much this. At the end of the day, it's just a burger. There's a mom and pop burger place in the town I went to college in that is far superior to all fast food burger joints. They make the patty in front of you. They baked their own buns. Cut the potatoes there (they actually soak them in salt water ahead of time), etc, etc. In-and-Out is decent (better than Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the box, etc), but is not worth all the hype IMO. Now, Whataburger makes the best fast-food burger for me. It tastes more fresh than most places.[/QUOTE]

You and I are burger twins ;) I love Whataburger. Calli rolls her eyes at me, because that's my #1 choice out of all the burger joints near the house.

Necronic

Staff member
Pretty much this. At the end of the day, it's just a burger. There's a mom and pop burger place in the town I went to college in that is far superior to all fast food burger joints. They make the patty in front of you. They baked their own buns. Cut the potatoes there (they actually soak them in salt water ahead of time), etc, etc. In-and-Out is decent (better than Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the box, etc), but is not worth all the hype IMO. Now, Whataburger makes the best fast-food burger for me. It tastes more fresh than most places.[/QUOTE]

You and I are burger twins ;) I love Whataburger. Calli rolls her eyes at me, because that's my #1 choice out of all the burger joints near the house.[/QUOTE]

Whatburger is awesomesauce, let me also throw out Dairy Queen. Amazing burgers

Whatburger is awesomesauce, let me also throw out Dairy Queen. Amazing burgers
Maybe it's just the one near me, but Dairy Queen burgers taste EXACTLY like Burger King ones. If I wanted Burger King burgers, I could have gone to Burger King and gotten them cheaper there.

Now if you want a REALLY addicting burger, you wanna go to White Castle.

I've had In-and-Out two times since coming to San Diego. I didn't think it was all that impressive considering I waited 20 minutes for soggy fries and a squashed burger with too much onion. I'd rather have a burger from Islands if I'm going to wait for it.
That's another place I miss. Islands was so good.

C

Chibibar

I love White Castle. My wife doesn't (she is in-and-out gal) but we have a good burger place call Burger Island (9 in Dallas area) it is awesome.

I do love Whataburger since I use to work there. It is pretty cool place and their food is fresh and cook right there. (no nuking)

Cajungal

Staff member
If you're ever in Lafayette, Louisiana, stop by Judice Inn or Southside Bakery.

If you're REALLY hungry, go to Southside. The thing's enormous, and the bun's homemade. The Judice Inn burger is smaller and simpler, but the sauce on it is spicy and great. They don't serve fries, but you can order Zapp's chips. :D

You and I are burger twins ;) I love Whataburger. Calli rolls her eyes at me, because that's my #1 choice out of all the burger joints near the house.[/QUOTE]

Whatburger is awesomesauce, let me also throw out Dairy Queen. Amazing burgers[/QUOTE]

I like DQ, but I don't like that they don't season their burgers. The chicken fried steak, and chicken fingers are what I go there for.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

And all you bastards made me break my diet and go to Sonic...

I love White Castle. My wife doesn't (she is in-and-out gal) but we have a good burger place call Burger Island (9 in Dallas area) it is awesome.

I do love Whataburger since I use to work there. It is pretty cool place and their food is fresh and cook right there. (no nuking)
I grew up in CA with about three In-N-Outs near me, and recently moved to Michigan (with a Whitecastle about a fifteen minute walk away). I greatly prefer Whitecastle, but we'll see how my tastes change in a few years after no In-N-Out and the novelty's worn off.

I grew up in CA with about three In-N-Outs near me, and recently moved to Michigan (with a Whitecastle about a fifteen minute walk away). I greatly prefer Whitecastle, but we'll see how my tastes change in a few years after no In-N-Out and the novelty's worn off.[/QUOTE]

Same here, went from two InO's within 10 minutes to a Krystal every other block. It was great at first.

One burger that surprised me with how good it was is the Del Taco burger. My parents went through the drive-through, I was kind of sick of tacos at the moment so ordered the burger, not expecting much of anything. It was actually really good.

Though it could just be a "you thought it was going to suck so it was comparatively great when you found out it didn't, in fact, suck all that much" moment.

Cajungal

Staff member
Man the Whataburger over here is garbage. I hear such great things about them--well, as great as you can hear about fast food, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.