Woods to end silence and talk Friday, but it's no Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2010-02-17-tiger-woods-talks_N.htm
MARANA, Ariz. — World No. 1 Tiger Woods will end nearly three months of silence Friday when he speaks publicly for the first time since his late-night car crash on Thanksgiving led to revelations of infidelity in his marriage and an indefinite leave of absence from golf.
"While Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between he and his wife, he also recognizes that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him," Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, wrote in an e-mail Wednesday in announcing the appearance. "He also let down his fans.

"He wants to begin the process of making amends, and that's what he's going to discuss. Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future and he intends to apologize for his behavior."

He doesn't intend to answer questions, however. Steinberg said the gathering is not a news conference and that Woods, who has only made comments on his website since the crash, will not take questions from a small group of invited news media. Instead, he will be with a "small group of friends, colleagues and close associates" who will listen to Woods, Steinberg said.

Woods will speak at 11 a.m. ET from the clubhouse at the TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., home of the PGA Tour.

His appearance comes in the middle of the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in the hills north of Tucson. Accenture was the first sponsor to drop Woods after his crash and subsequent sex scandal. Still, PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem said from the tournament site that Woods' appearance won't steal the spotlight from the WGC tournament.

"We have tournaments every week," Finchem said. "I think it's going to be a story in and of itself. A lot of people are going to be watching golf this week to see what the world of golf says about it."

Finchem, who said Woods' camp asked to use the clubhouse near the PGA Tour's headquarters, will be at Woods' appearance.

"I'll wait and see what he says (Friday), like everybody else." Finchem said.

Dave

Staff member
He's a 2-timing douche. But he should still go back to work. Well, back to playing golf at any rate.

I don't blame him for not wanting to take questions. This whole thing is stupidly over blown. The only people he hurt was his family, and those are the people he should answer to.

He didn't rape somebody. He didn't sponsor a dog fighting ring. He didn't kill somebody.

He was unfaithful and possibly had a pain killer addiction. His wife already beat the crap out of him for it. Let him get on with his life.

Dave

Staff member
I love the fact that his doing this when he is doing it will majorly disrupt the event of a sponsor that dropped him. It's either funny as hell or more proof that he's a dickhead.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still say: Go Tiger. The world's women were his candy store, and people just hatin' on him. And I find it HILARIOUS that he'll disrupt a sponsor that dropped him.

I still like that the first story was that he crashed and his wife smashed in his window with a golf club to get him out of the car. Mmm hmm.

A

Alucard

If he didn't want to get married than why the fuck did he get married.
At least if you were a popular sports player and just screwed around. People
wouldn't like it but it would be tolerable then fucking around other women than when your married and doing it.

GasBandit

Staff member
If he didn't want to get married than why the fuck did he get married.
At least if you were a popular sports player and just screwed around. People
wouldn't like it but it would be tolerable then fucking around other women than when your married and doing it.
Yeah, I'm absolutely sure Tiger Woods' swedish bikini model wife expected to be his only screw when she married the gazillionaire sports (golf, but still) wizard, who was on the road all the damn time.

edit: Need more pics of swedish bikini model.

C

Chazwozel

I still don't get why everyone's on his case so bad? It's all to keep the black man out of the white old rich fogies tournaments.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still don't get why everyone's on his case so bad? It's all to keep the black man out of the white old rich fogies tournaments.
Women are on his case cause bitches ain't nuthin but hos and tricks. Guys are on his case because they hatin', and wanna cockblock.

S

Soliloquy

I'm actually disappointed that Tiger decided to start talking. Because I'm tired of hearing about this.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm absolutely sure Tiger Woods' swedish bikini model wife expected to be his only screw when she married the gazillionaire sports (golf, but still) wizard, who was on the road all the damn time.
Well, that is kind of the general assumption in marriages, isn't it?

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm actually disappointed that Tiger decided to start talking. Because I'm tired of hearing about this.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Well, that is kind of the general assumption in marriages, isn't it?
If she didn't realize she was going to be a complete and utter trophy wife, she's even dumber than her hair color would normally indicate. She, a short term acquaintance "friend of a friend" with nothing going for her other than her pleasing physical accouterments, married a young, male, healthy athlete in his prime (in all definitions of the word) who spends the majority of his time away from home? Even for a celebrity marriage, you could practically sense the doom particles radiating from this arrangement. Especially in this day and age where one third of normal, obscure marriages experience marital infidelity.

S

Soliloquy

Well, trophy wives aren't exactly known for their mastery of cognitive abilities.

I wish he would have used Shatner's SNL line and limit his press conference to "People, get a life." Then throw in "I'm Tiger F'n Woods. I'll do whatever the hell I want." Flip the bird and walk off the stage. What I find funny is how so many people I work with act like he cheated on them. I have seen countless husbands cheat on their wifes and leave them and the ex's are some of my bitter angry coworkers. Tiger's ex is hot and will get half of his fortune. I have a feeling she'll recover from this just fine.

C

Chazwozel

I wish he would have used Shatner's SNL line and limit his press conference to "People, get a life." Then throw in "I'm Tiger F'n Woods. I'll do whatever the hell I want." Flip the bird and walk off the stage. What I find funny is how so many people I work with act like he cheated on them. I have seen countless husbands cheat on their wifes and leave them and the ex's are some of my bitter angry coworkers. Tiger's ex is hot and will get half of his fortune. I have a feeling she'll recover from this just fine.
Dude, it's golf. You won't believe the snobbery and down-right douchebaggery that's associated with it. A lot of his competitors are loving this since they can compete without him around to make em look like jackasses.

Dude, it's golf. You won't believe the snobbery and down-right douchebaggery that's associated with it. A lot of his competitors are loving this since they can compete without him around to make em look like jackasses.[/QUOTE]

That is so pathetic.

Dave

Staff member
Dude, it's golf. You won't believe the snobbery and down-right douchebaggery that's associated with it. A lot of his competitors are loving this since they can compete without him around to make em look like jackasses.[/QUOTE]

That is so pathetic.[/QUOTE]

But not necessarily untrue. I've seen more than a few quotes by pro golfers and not all of them have been of the positive variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.