Words, words, words

I love this word:
Muditā (Pāli and Sanskrit: मुदिता) means joy. It is especially sympathetic or vicarious joy, the pleasure that comes from delighting in other people's well-being rather than begrudging it. The opposite of schadenfreude or of envy.

I like surreptitious for multpiple reasons:

First of all it means stealthy/secretly, or in proper dictionary terms: obtained, done, made, etc., by stealth; secret or unauthorized; clandestine:

Second because parts of it contain or sound like surreal, rapture, tits and anything ending with -ious (of which the first two that pop in my head are delicious and voloptuous) :awesome:

Thought of the word "lobular" on my way to work.
It's one of those words that evokes its meaning.
Say it with me...lobular.

It also reminded me of this video about words and word sounds.

lobular-lobular-lobular...

--Patrick

Man you guys should read some Marshall McLuhan - reportedly he would occasionally get so fixated on a word that he would simply repeat it aloud over and over and over, in different emphases, volumes, accents...

I love all sorts of words. I am not sure I could begin to make a list, but 'pecuniary' comes to mind. It means something relating to money, wealth, or finance.

Minchia - Italian for either penis or testicles (I've been told both), but mostly it's used as an exclamation. I like it since most people around here don't know what I'm saying. "Oh Michia!"