World Wide Obesity double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Disconnected

I always find that amusing because as a fat person I generally feel like the only one around. Everyone has supposedly gotten so fat but not from my perspective.
depends on the definition of fat. some people think 10lbs over ideal = FATASS.

My brother has spent the last years hoping to gain weight and being unable to.

I've been dieting for the last decade.

Fun dinner times.

Do you know what a 5'11", 170lb person looks like?
They would look almost like me! 6'-1" and 175lbs. Nothing wrong with how I look
. Hell, at my peak last summer when I was working out I was only 180lbs but I was benching almost 200 and able to run 10km comfortably.

Numbers by themselves are meaningless... whether it be BMI, weights and heights... people vary so much in many ways that making judgements on that information is pointless.

I'm very fat, and despite making some effort to correct it I still have a long way to go. Meanwhile, my best friend is working to overcome his anorexia. He's 6'0, and just got his weight up to 125 (which might be the highest it's ever been). We make quite a pair in public.

As I see it, there are 3 main factors: exercise, quality of food, and quantity of food. To hell with special diets and pills, those are really the only 3 things that matter. Overall as a society we have been ignoring exercise while shoveling tons of crap down our mouth. We just have to learn to do better.

J

Jiarn

Currently 6'4'' and 190lbs. I'm working on getting that to 185lbs.

Though at some point you have to stop focusing on the actual weights and how much of that is actual body fat %.

Last I checked I was around 9% body fat, and still working to get that down a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.