XenForo Test Bed is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I am mostly fine with it but I would really like LOVE to be able to not have avatars as the thread icons.

I have so many avs image blocked that stupid icon thing messes that up. makarage!!

I understand that makare. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong for wanting that option, if it seemed that way.

M

makare

To remove that a completely new separate style would have to be created, I think. The avatar in front of threads is something innate to Xen and as far as I know (not an expert on Xen) it cannot be turned off on a per user basis. Maybe in the future that will be an option but for now you are just going to have to suffer.
Then I has a sad :(

I'm sure once all the fires are taken care of subtle requests to create sub-themes for select users with tiny changes will make everyone happy.

M

makare

It's not the end of the world. Overall the new forum is nice. Although I have nearly 3 times the posts I used to have >.> and that is just plain weird.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what message count means in relation to post count, and what trophy points I need to get to make up for the huge difference between me and others with the same message counts/likes received.

Edit: It got fixed (I imagine that was an Ame action).

Dave

Staff member
Animated gif avatars are a pretty good drain on resources. Yours is still animated, but you have to click on it to see it. If people go to your profile they see it.

Fair enough.

I don't want to be a dickwad and hold back the entirety of the forum with my novelty seizing salamander.

R

Rubicon

Prefer the old forum setup, I personally do not like the new one (software or themes).

Whoa!

I knew this was coming, but I didn't expect it so soon. This is going to take some getting used to.

Dave

Staff member
As with everything a little change is good....a lot? :aaah::aaah::aaah:

XF has a lot of good things going for it. Like adding pictures, for one. Second, you can follow people. Those you follow you can see in your News Feed and watch as they post. I think you can even set up an RSS feed for them, but don't quote me.

There will be a lot of tips & tricks as we move on. But it's already faster, yes?

R

Rubicon

On the plus side, the DFX (or whichever) theme ain't half bad. I just don't like the "style" of this forum software.

Dave

Staff member
Where's my chat hatman......
Main forum. Right side. Just where it always was.

On the plus side, the DFX (or whichever) theme ain't half bad. I just don't like the "style" of this forum software.
Themes are actually very easy to add in. In fact, if you go to THIS PLACE you can see all sorts of stuff that we can add. Any style you see that you like just let me know. Graphics and language files might be a bit more challenging, but styles are easy peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.