xTreme feminism!

strawman

strawman

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

This is some Poe's Law shit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Misandry: being confused for feminism since 1966.

LordRendar

LordRendar

That is one of the most crazy things I have ever read.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

kill all men[DOUBLEPOST=1358546104][/DOUBLEPOST]
Misandry: being confused for feminism since 1966.
you have that backwards, champ

Dirona

Dirona

It makes me far less... something to assume that that was just a vitriolic parody. Still creepy though, even if she is "joking".

Though, if I read the comments long enough, I'm quite sure at least part of my brain would begin to agree with her. The Internet is a weird and disturbing place.

GasBandit

GasBandit

kill all men[DOUBLEPOST=1358546104][/DOUBLEPOST]

you have that backwards, champ
I'm the CHAMP

champ.jpg

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

anyways this is all a huge strawwomyn anyways, and the same thing as saying all christians are westboro/amish/greek orthodox/whatever extreme sect you want to use to make christians look bad.

feminism remains at its most basic, supporting equal rights and opportunities regardless of gender, end of story

strawman

strawman

Who here is actually supporting this as a valid face of feminism? I posted it to make fun of the extremism displayed, whether parody or not it's still amusing.

Why start talking about straw men, and how every ideal or movement has extreme elements? Isn't it enough to just point at this website and laugh?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sounds kinky.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Most of the Western World conflates "Feminism" with its extreme elements instead of giving it any credence whatsoever.

See: Gasbandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Most of the Western World conflates "Feminism" with its extreme elements instead of giving it any credence whatsoever.

Actually, my post makes a specific distinction between the two. It does not assert that there is only misandry.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

No. We don't.

Gared

Gared

Come on guys, you know Charlie wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he knew he'd passed up a perfectly good opportunity to call at least one of us a horrible bigot.

strawman

strawman

And so you sit there and assume that I do and that I'm posting this out of ignorance, and you fight a battle on an empty field against an imagined enemy?

Well, keep fighting the good fight I guess, but we're not involved and if the discussion doesn't address your concerns I hope you understand why.

GasBandit

GasBandit

No. We don't.
Be quiet! We don't need more mansplanations!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Don't read if you're charlie:

Article said:
Until science could be used to create genetically strong femyle progeny from two femyle parents (The Rebirth), the world population of males would remain around 10%. Once science was able to complete such a process (The Rebirth), the world-wide population of men would be held at around 1%, just in case. Any males who were born after this would be either disposed of or kept based entirely upon foreseeable practicality and potential for genetic efficiency. No emotional attachment would dictate otherwise, and if it did, the womyn with said attachment would be reformed.
How are they gonna be able to do science without men?

GasBandit

GasBandit

and you fight a battle on an empty field against an imagined enemy?
If only there was some sort of allegorical story that could be quickly referenced to relate this concept.

Like, our resident white knight has started tilting at windmills again?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I stopped reading after castration day. And now I'm going to find a crotch shield.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I stopped reading after castration day. And now I'm going to find a crotch shield.
Ha! I'm going to call my athletic cup that from now on.

strawman

strawman

How do you pronounce femyle anyway? Fee mile? Feh mill eh? Feh mile? Fee mill? Fee mill eh?

I just want to know so I can make it into the breeding program when they take over. I'm short and my face isn't perfectly symmetrical, so if I do anything out of line I'm going to be terminated.

I do have absolutely luscious thick brown hair with plenty of body, though, so that might work in my favor.[DOUBLEPOST=1358548189][/DOUBLEPOST]Although my track record of only male offspring might count against me...[DOUBLEPOST=1358548318][/DOUBLEPOST]
The blog has a whole post specifically addressing castration day, and how it's to be carried out. There's plenty more material where this post comes from...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Although my track record of only male offspring might count against me...
Worst crimanal in the herstory of womynkind.

Tress

Tress

Charlie Don't Surf ... what the fuck? Gas points out how this is misandry, not actual feminism, and you want to give him shit for it? Are you just so primed for an argument that you ran into this thread with your arms flailing, and took a swing at the first person you saw?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Charlie's point is that it is more frequent that people mistake feminism for misandry than misandry shows its head in the guise of feminism. The prevalence of the problems against which feminism fights is so great that it is essentially worth ignoring the raging extremist factions.

However, since most of us make fun of or expel vitriol at extremists of any type (eg Westboro Baptists), there's no reason to suggest this thread is anything other than that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey. If someone wants to (wo)manufacture another (wo)man-made Toba catastrophe, more power to 'em. It worked so well last time, right?

--Patrick

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

It's hilarious you all still don't get Charlie. He has to disagree with anything against the grain, even when it's own/same opinion in a different thread :)

strawman

strawman

Ok, this is funny. Apparently she keeps a keen eye on her logs, or runs a google search frequently because within 3 hours of posting this thread she's commented on us.

And guess what? We've been upgraded from a group of yammering geeks to a "pseudo-intellectual debate site"!

https://twitter.com/Femitheist/status/292397285369851905

Halforums.com thinks I am obligated to give a fuck about their opinions of me, just like every other pseudo-intellectual debate site.
If you do come to visit us again, Femitheist, I hope you take our ribbing in good humor. Since I have 7 children, all boys, I have to admit I'd be dismayed if your worldview came to fruition, however we do enjoy hearing from others with a different perspective.

Alerting Dave in case he wants to provide an official halforums twitter response.

Dave

Dave

Uh....wut? I haven't even read the thread let alone her blog. Guess I have to now.

strawman

strawman

Uh....wut? I haven't even read the thread let alone her blog. Guess I have to now.
It's not important, don't waste time on it unless you're bored.

Actually it's probably better not to engage her in a discussion.

Tress

Tress

...what a fucking nutter.

Dave

Dave

My response:

Halforums
Femitheist We think nothing of the sort. Were you to think of us at all it would give me the creeps. You are coocoo pants. #opinion[DOUBLEPOST=1358563439][/DOUBLEPOST]Followed by:

(And yes, I know it's "cuckoo", but in deference to the bird I didn't want to make the association, so I went with slang.)

T

The_Khan

damnit, this is being blocked in my country for some reason.

Dave

Dave

damnit, this is being blocked in my country for some reason.
She advocates the castration of 90% of the male population worldwide. I'm not joking.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

She advocates the castration of 90% of the male population worldwide. I'm not joking.
I think this would be more productive for the world than the Patriarchy

Dave

Dave

Um...okay. It would be better for the world if we eradicated all humans, but I don't see that as a good idea.

Calleja

Calleja

Um...okay. It would be better for the world if we eradicated all humans, but I don't see that as a good idea.
Poor old Earth would be a fucking PARADISE without humanity, agreed. But it would also have a lot less boobs, and what kind of paradise doesn't have tits? So let's keep homo sapiens around.

Y'know. For the boobs.

Dave

Dave

Poor old Earth would be a fucking PARADISE without humanity, agreed. But it would also have a lot less boobs, and what kind of paradise doesn't have tits? So let's keep homo sapiens around.

Y'know. For the boobs.
Oh great. Now she'll come on here and be all like, "Look at these pigs! Pseudo intellectual scum!"

Well, I got news for ya, lady! We're not all pigs and NONE of us are intellectual!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm a pig.

Calleja

Calleja

No, you're a penguin.

strawman

strawman

Pig here, too.

Calleja

Calleja

No you're a bald dude with a living balloon.

drifter

drifter

The preferred nomenclature is Porcine-American.

Terrik

Terrik

I asked my girlfriend to go make me lunch so I had enough time to post that I, too, am a pig.

strawman

strawman

The preferred nomenclature is Porcine-American.
Porcican, thank you very much.

Calleja

Calleja

Would that make me a puerco?

strawman

strawman

No you're a bald dude with a living balloon.
I really should get ElJuski to add some hair. I wonder if he still has the original?[DOUBLEPOST=1358570926][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would that make me a puerco?
Perhaps you mean por qué.

Calleja

Calleja

Why?

strawman

strawman

¿por qué no?

Calleja

Calleja

Porque jodete, por eso.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm a pig

strawman

strawman

I'm a pig.
I'm a pig
One with a short attention span, too.

Calleja

Calleja

Can't be a pig, then, those fuckers have KEEN memories.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I wasn't sure you guys heard me over the oinking of my many penmates. I have millions thanks to the modern meat industry.

Calleja

Calleja

Is anyone else starting to wonder if Allen is actually an intelligent porcine with some sort of hoof-friendly keyboard now?

strawman

strawman

Is anyone else starting to wonder if Allen is actually an intelligent porcine with some sort of hoof-friendly keyboard now?
Well let's hack into his computer...

Ah, he has a webcam, and it's on - here we go:

Bowielee

Bowielee

For the record, That article sounds suspiciously like the S.C.U.M.M Manifesto. Not only is it non-sensical tripe, it's UNORIGINAL non-sensical tripe.

Also, for the record, I consider myself a feminist, and that article is laughable at best, detrimental to feminism as a whole at worst.

Calleja

Calleja

Why do we have to choose a "side", why can't we be humanists? Peopleists. Homosapienists. We're all female in the womb anyway, brosisters.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Being feminist isn't about having a side, it's about looking at the ways in which women are discrimanted against in society and ways to remedy that.

I do find it ironic, though that being pro-woman equality is referred to as being feminist and being anti-racial equality is being racist.

Frank

Frank

Lead by example.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

We're not all pigs and NONE of us are intellectual!
Ummm... I'm a Pig in Chinese astrology, and I've got an MA... I guess she's talking about me.

How sweet. Stick around for discussions, but stay the hell away from my house.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Guys, this reads like something straight out of the Onion.

And the ensuing discussion taking it seriously reads like something straight out of Literally Unbelievable.

Wahad

Wahad

This lady just wants to make Y; the Last Man a reality. I should read that comic.

Dave

Dave

I got a twitter response and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Actually, I apologize for insulting you all, really. I have a proclivity to overreact when discussion boards get stuck on ICD.

I accepted the apology and all is well. Unless she reads this thread. Then she'll know you are all pigs.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm mostly joking in this thread, but if you think Feminism, in its most general usage, means putting women over men, then you're a fucking idiot

bhamv3

bhamv3

I got a twitter response and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

I accepted the apology and all is well. Unless she reads this thread. Then she'll know you are all pigs.
Quick! Everybody go back and censor your posts!

Dave

Dave

I'm mostly joking in this thread, but if you think Feminism, in its most general usage, means putting women over men, then you're a fucking idiot
It's not, I agree. It means that women should be equal in all things. However, biological and evolutionary science proves that there are some things that men are better at and some things women are better at. We are not and can not be equal in all things. The things we should be equal for - pay, education, etc. - is what the focus should be, not the forced castration of nearly 50% of the world's population. There are male dominated societies that do the same to their female population and it's fucking barbaric and should be stopped and those who perpetrate it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It would be no less barbaric the other way around.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The things we should be equal for - pay, education, etc. - is what the focus should be, not the forced castration of nearly 50% of the world's population..
that is what the focus is, this is not some rising movement / wave of feminism

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bitches be trippin', yo.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

So? I am a pig. I have nothing to hide.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's not, I agree. It means that women should be equal in all things. However, biological and evolutionary science proves that there are some things that men are better at and some things women are better at. We are not and can not be equal in all things.
You may laugh, Dave , but I sometimes wonder whether the current patriarchal state of affairs and culture isn't the result of some prehistoric (pre-3000BCE-ish) male uprising and rebellion against a female-led society much like she describes, with the current social structure and widespread female subjugation just the remnants of that backlash.

It would make for interesting fiction, at least.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

biological and evolutionary science proves that there are some things that men are better at and some things women are better at.
So, how's your novel coming?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Guys, if we manage to bring in another crazy person because y'all decided to mock their blog...well done.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I doubt she's reading the forum - or this thread, specifically - now that apologies have been made.

Still, I'd be interested to know if she was honestly and truly serious about this castration-happy utopia, or were we just simply trolled successfully. Like a boss.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Lead the fight brother! Run a warm bathtub, get some metal twine, rope a little loop and - lop off your shame!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Y'know. For the boobs.
At first I misread "boobs" and "books" and was like "Yeah, right on, man!" Then I read it properly.

I'm such a dork.[DOUBLEPOST=1358699457][/DOUBLEPOST]
You may laugh, Dave , but I sometimes wonder whether the current patriarchal state of affairs and culture isn't the result of some prehistoric (pre-3000BCE-ish) male uprising and rebellion against a female-led society much like she describes, with the current social structure and widespread female subjugation just the remnants of that backlash.

--Patrick
So, reverse-Gor.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

At first I misread "boobs" and "books" and was like "Yeah, right on, man!" Then I read it properly.

I'm such a dork.[DOUBLEPOST=1358699457][/DOUBLEPOST]

So, reverse-Gor.
Please don't mention Gor. The less of that, the better.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bitches be trippin', yo.
Stilettos are hard. :(

figmentPez

figmentPez

Quick! Everybody go back and censor your posts!
Meh, like I care what she thinks of my posts.

Unless she's hot. Is she hot?

Please don't take this post seriously. Everyone knows that a woman's physical appearance doesn't dictate my interest in her; I only pay attention to cosplayers.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So, reverse-Gor.
I do have all of those. I should probably read them some day.

--Patrick

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

This thread needs more:

GasBandit

GasBandit

--Patrick
Wasn't that part of the Da Vinci Code? About how
the "holy grail" was really the entire concept of the divine feminine which had been squelched by the patriarchal catholic church for millenia?

Bubble181

Bubble181

If I may be serious for a second, not being a pig and all (owls fly, pigs don't, ergo, owls are superior.), I have some problems with this blog.
For one thing, she puts forth that there's no genetic danger of inbreeding after The Rebirth. She posits a population of 7 billion, with 700m manservants for 6.3b femyle overladies. However, I don't see how - or why - the population would be that big. There are about 7b people now, but almost half of those are, unfortunately, male. Keeping the population at or around 3.5b would be vastly preferable. In case you hadn't noticed, almost 35% of the world's population is starving, with another good quarter being permanently underfed and malnourished.
And my main concern...How are you going to implement this? Sure, pass a law in the US, pass a law in the EU - most of us good boys will just comply with the law (and if they're nice and just make us sterile without complete castration, hey, free sex for life without the danger of knocking one of them up :p).The few who refuse can be taken out by government agents, they're perfectly capable of taking down small armed groups of civilians doing illegal things.
But how are you going to convince, say, a Congolese warlord with 50 women an 300 daughters to just cut it all off? Send in all 5 remaining marines?

Tress

Tress

I'm really glad you decided to apply some logic and serious thought to that blog. Very worthwhile.

strawman

strawman

I read the blog completely differently. My understanding, as limited as it is (I think I've read three of her posts...), is that the plan is thus:

Stage Two:
* 90% of male fetus's are aborted going forward.
* 10% males are chosen for the role of breeding. They must have symmetrical features (no really, it's in her manifesto) and be in good health
* 90% of males are immediately castrated and over time they are terminated as womyn take their roles in society

Stage Three:
* Develop technology that permits two femyles to birth a femyle baby ( two X chromosome parents can only have an X chromosome baby - but it doesn't and won't work anytime soon)
* Terminate all but 1% of remaining male population, which is kept around for breeding in case stage 2 has a problem

Stage Four:
* There is no stage four! In two easy steps, utopia is created and happily-ever-afterness is guaranteed!

They don't want to rule over males or enslave them, they simply want them to not exist, assuming that the docile females will have a perfect society since all the anger, war, and fighting in the world is due solely to male causes.

They believe that when women fight it is due to the presence of men - they are fighting for a man, for instance. Indirectly they may be fighting over an item, but the item is something that the author can link to males in some way. Without men, women would never fight and would revert to their "natural" state of peace and happiness.

Notice that she skips stage one, where they somehow have to obtain enough power over men, worldwide, to start their dictatorship.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'm not worried. Steinman is breeding an army to keep the womyn in check.

To be a bit more serious... I read a bunch of random posts on her blog and I love how she professes to be tolerant and polite and what not while simultaneously believeing that infacticide and forced castration are okay.

I actually think I incurred brain damage reading that first post that was linked.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I showed this to a female friend of mine, and her general reaction was, "Never work. Women are total bitches to each other about completely random shit."

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

If I may be serious for a second, not being a pig and all (owls fly, pigs don't, ergo, owls are superior.), I have some problems with this blog.
For one thing, she puts forth that there's no genetic danger of inbreeding after The Rebirth. She posits a population of 7 billion, with 700m manservants for 6.3b femyle overladies. However, I don't see how - or why - the population would be that big. There are about 7b people now, but almost half of those are, unfortunately, male. Keeping the population at or around 3.5b would be vastly preferable. In case you hadn't noticed, almost 35% of the world's population is starving, with another good quarter being permanently underfed and malnourished.
And my main concern...How are you going to implement this? Sure, pass a law in the US, pass a law in the EU - most of us good boys will just comply with the law (and if they're nice and just make us sterile without complete castration, hey, free sex for life without the danger of knocking one of them up :p).The few who refuse can be taken out by government agents, they're perfectly capable of taking down small armed groups of civilians doing illegal things.
But how are you going to convince, say, a Congolese warlord with 50 women an 300 daughters to just cut it all off? Send in all 5 remaining marines?
Buddy, this lady is crazy. Applying logic to her insanity is like trying to convince a Sandy Hook conspiracy nut. Just let her rant off her craziness.

My best guess is this lady was wronged by a man in her life big time.

Bubble181

Bubble181

....I was not, actually, trying to be serious in my response to her. I'm surprised CdS didn't attack me for the "5 remaining marines" bit :p

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

....I was not, actually, trying to be serious in my response to her. I'm surprised CdS didn't attack me for the "5 remaining marines" bit :p
I didn't read your post

Bubble181

Bubble181

I didn't read your post
Like that ever stopped you from replying :p

(note: I'm joking/making fun)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Stage Two:
So it would be similar to India, only the genders would be reversed.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

So it would be similar to India, only the genders would be reversed.
Sadly it's not just india where gender selective abortion is a concern. The problem becomes even greater down the road when there's a surplus of men with no chance at marriage, though if a country is planning a war anytime soon that problem turns into an asset. (see: china)

Calleja

Calleja

Sadly it's not just india where gender selective abortion is a concern. The problem becomes even greater down the road when there's a surplus of men with no chance at marriage, though if a country is planning a war anytime soon that problem turns into an asset. (see: china)
Holy shit, what war is China planning? :aaah:

Tress

Tress

They're going to invade Mexico. You guys finally crossed the line. Up here in the US we're just going to watch with some popcorn.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Japan, last I heard.

--Patrick

Calleja

Calleja

They're going to invade Mexico. You guys finally crossed the line. Up here in the US we're just going to watch with some popcorn.
That'd be funny if I didn't know that invading Mexico would be almost literally like invading the US. You guys would FLIP YOUR SHIT if anyone even raised their hand at us. Let alone the "holy shit, they're attacking our neighbor, which is RIGHT NEXT TO US!" which would be enough tactically to ensure full US Defense mobilization, we're too intrinsically tied economically, socially and culturally. Many people don't really step back and really see that, but I've had drunken talks about it with mexicans and americans. Think about it. We're like siblings that can't really stand each other and keep talking trash about one another, but if push EVER came to shove, we'd react like actual family members.

I'd be WAY more worried about someone having the balls to invade the US, cause then that would mean they don't give a fuck and Mexico would be an inevitable casualty of the ensuing chaos.

Tress

Tress

...that's why it was just a joke. Well, that and the idea that Mexico pissed off China. You all are pretty low on China's radar, I'd imagine.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, really? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ENTIRELY SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAID CHINA WAS GOING TO INVADE MEXICO, I OF COURSE WASN'T JUST EXPANDING THE POINT MADE BY THE JOKE, THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS

So I can put the machete down?

Tress

Tress

Oh, really? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ENTIRELY SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAID CHINA WAS GOING TO INVADE MEXICO, I OF COURSE WASN'T JUST EXPANDING THE POINT MADE BY THE JOKE, THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS!
Since when does explaining a joke make it funnier?? :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Woah woah woah, no one shits on Mexico but us! It's on!

Necronic

Necronic

I assumed this was some kind of swiftian satire at first, and then read other parts of the blog and realized she's serious. Then I watched her YouTube videos and now I'm back wondering if this is a satire.....

Calleja

Calleja

I assumed this was some kind of swiftian satire at first, and then read other parts of the blog and realized she's serious. Then I watched her YouTube videos and now I'm back wondering if this is a satire.....
Yeah, few time's has Poe's Law applied so much.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Monroe Doctrine, put into modern parlance.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Maybe she's an epic level troll?

strawman

strawman

I cannot possibly brofist this enough. It's just that there's so much of it that I can't help but think that even dedicated parody artists would have given up long ago, or really put their back into it and created far more alluring graphics, charts, and incendiary material.

It's hard to believe, but Occam's razor still suggests that she's for real crazy, and not just a very elaborate joke.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

If the whole thing is an epic level troll, she might actually fit in here nicely.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I cannot possibly brofist this enough. It's just that there's so much of it that I can't help but think that even dedicated parody artists would have given up long ago, or really put their back into it and created far more alluring graphics, charts, and incendiary material.

It's hard to believe, but Occam's razor still suggests that she's for real crazy, and not just a very elaborate joke.
This is literally the first reply to this thread. My reply! And did anyone brofist me?! Nooooo. Hmph. I'm taking my ball and going home!

strawman

strawman

I'm taking my ball and going home!
Take both of them, and don't let her near either.

Necronic

Necronic

Apparently she likes Steinman's breakdown of her plan. Also, according to her we've gotten stuck on ICD. Personally I don't understand what the problem with discussing Implantable Cardio Difibrullators is.

Edit: Ohhhh ok I get it. ICD = International so and so day. It is pretty stupid of us to get hung up on that. Like, I don't see why more people chose to focus on Hitler's genocide instead of his architectural pushes.

Edit2: Crap I just Godwin'd

strawman

strawman

Well, she's apparently reading our thread - or someone else is keeping an eye on us and passing along information to her.

I'm glad my point by point list is helpful. It can be hard to follow her ideals and plan without reading all her posts, I think she needs someone to boil it all down into a nice FAQ for her. A project manager would be a boon.

I don't know that we're hung up on the castration day, so much as it's the most flambouyant part of her plan. Everything else is just business, but ICD is a celebration! We're throwing a party, and everyone is invited. All businesses are closed, girls and women are expected to come and observe, and the males get to be the focal point of all this female - sorry, femyle - attention for several hours of genital surgery!

It's exciting which is why we're discussing it. You might say it's key to the whole plan, and sadly isn't going to be around as an ongoing festival - at least not once 99% of the men are gone. Though I hope she keeps it as a festival anyway, every revolution needs its observances and festival to remind people what they moved away from.

I'll read a few other posts later and see if there's opportunity for festivals and celebrations that aren't being utilized.

Gared

Gared

Well, she's apparently reading our thread - or someone else is keeping an eye on us and passing along information to her.

I'm glad my point by point list is helpful. It can be hard to follow her ideals and plan without reading all her posts, I think she needs someone to boil it all down into a nice FAQ for her. A project manager would be a boon.

I don't know that we're hung up on the castration day, so much as it's the most flambouyant part of her plan. Everything else is just business, but ICD is a celebration! We're throwing a party, and everyone is invited. All businesses are closed, girls and women are expected to come and observe, and the males get to be the focal point of all this female - sorry, femyle - attention for several hours of genital surgery!

It's exciting which is why we're discussing it. You might say it's key to the whole plan, and sadly isn't going to be around as an ongoing festival - at least not once 99% of the men are gone. Though I hope she keeps it as a festival anyway, every revolution needs its observances and festival to remind people what they moved away from.

I'll read a few other posts later and see if there's opportunity for festivals and celebrations that aren't being utilized.
Of all of the troll feeding that goes on around here, this is, by far, my favorite. Not only are we feeding a troll, we're feeding a troll who isn't even a forum member and has never posted here. It's like being internet gods.

strawman

strawman

Also, because I don't want to have to search for it later, here's her reply to my step-by-step post:

https://twitter.com/Femitheist/status/293481179976445952

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

What I don't understand is why bother with ICD? That will require a stranglehold over the vast majority of people on this planet (because most women will not not go along with this and will have to be sent to be "reformed").

I mean if you can come up with a way to make a viable embryo (one that's not a horrific mutant or will die right away) from two women why not just make a lethal virus that selectively targets those with the Y chromosome. If you're going to be a megomaniacal genocidal world dictator why try and sugar coat it? Go whole hog.[DOUBLEPOST=1358897318][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, because I don't want to have to search for it later, here's her reply to my step-by-step post:

Remember Steinman... even if she agrees with you... she still wants you dead ;)

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

That'd be funny if I didn't know that invading Mexico would be almost literally like invading the US. You guys would FLIP YOUR SHIT if anyone even raised their hand at us. Let alone the "holy shit, they're attacking our neighbor, which is RIGHT NEXT TO US!" which would be enough tactically to ensure full US Defense mobilization, we're too intrinsically tied economically, socially and culturally. Many people don't really step back and really see that, but I've had drunken talks about it with mexicans and americans. Think about it. We're like siblings that can't really stand each other and keep talking trash about one another, but if push EVER came to shove, we'd react like actual family members.

I'd be WAY more worried about someone having the balls to invade the US, cause then that would mean they don't give a fuck and Mexico would be an inevitable casualty of the ensuing chaos.

Mexico and the US are the two older brothers who talk smack on each other, but when push comes to shove, their younger brother (Canada) gets the entire shitstorm.[DOUBLEPOST=1358906806][/DOUBLEPOST]
I read the blog completely differently. My understanding, as limited as it is (I think I've read three of her posts...), is that the plan is thus:

Stage Two:
* 10% males are chosen for the role of breeding. They must have symmetrical features (no really, it's in her manifesto) and be in good health
* 90% of males are immediately castrated and over time they are terminated as womyn take their roles in society

Stage Three:
* Develop technology that permits two femyles to birth a femyle baby ( two X chromosome parents can only have an X chromosome baby - but it doesn't and won't work anytime soon)
* Terminate all but 1% of remaining male population, which is kept around for breeding in case stage 2 has a problem

Stage Four:
* There is no stage four! In two easy steps, utopia is created and happily-ever-afterness is guaranteed!

They don't want to rule over males or enslave them, they simply want them to not exist, assuming that the docile females will have a perfect society since all the anger, war, and fighting in the world is due solely to male causes.

They believe that when women fight it is due to the presence of men - they are fighting for a man, for instance. Indirectly they may be fighting over an item, but the item is something that the author can link to males in some way. Without men, women would never fight and would revert to their "natural" state of peace and happiness.

Notice that she skips stage one, where they somehow have to obtain enough power over men, worldwide, to start their dictatorship.

So what happens when lesbians fight?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

So what happens when lesbians fight?

I would assume they are "reformed" whatever the hell that means (it's from one of her blog entries)

**edit** Heh, just ignore me... I'm a moron and didn't read your question fully.

Dave

Dave

I can see why we get hung up on ICD. I mean, the basic premise of the argument is that men are not in control of themselves and only women are. This is patently false and is based on several assumptions from a single strict world view. Do I agree that men have mucked things up? Oh hell yeah! Do I agree that male-dominated societies where the women are treated like dirt are barbaric? Oh yeah. Do I think there still needs to be great strides in our country for equalization of both pay and rights for women? Yup, but I further this to include homosexuals, transexuals and other "minorities" like African Americans and the Hispanic. But see, here's the thing - the ends don't justify the means.

Maybe she's right. Maybe a world dominated by women would be a veritable paradise. But I doubt it. Not sure how, but women would find a way to wag a war of passive aggression that is just as deadly. And no, I'm not falling back on the whole PMS thing. That's been overplayed and is just as dumb an argument as the whole "men can't control themselves" side. I'm falling back on the whole human nature thing. Without men, women would find themselves competing in the same arenas as the men are currently. Evolution suggests that they would begin to emulate the same actions and traits that made men so successful at it in the first place. So what began as an "altruistic semi-genocide", if there is such a thing, would end up doing absolutely nothing. Sure, it might take a while and she would obviously never see it, but it would happen.

What strikes me is the irony of the whole thing. She intends to do what she perceives men doing - and indeed taking it to the nth degree higher - and justifies it in exactly the same manner in which male-dominated societies justify the oppression of women. And she sees nothing wrong with this. It's this irony that makes the whole thing smell like Poe's Law.

T

The_Khan

can you post it for those of us who can't read twitter?[DOUBLEPOST=1358910980][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can see why we get hung up on ICD. I mean, the basic premise of the argument is that men are not in control of themselves and only women are. This is patently false and is based on several assumptions from a single strict world view. Do I agree that men have mucked things up? Oh hell yeah! Do I agree that male-dominated societies where the women are treated like dirt are barbaric? Oh yeah. Do I think there still needs to be great strides in our country for equalization of both pay and rights for women? Yup, but I further this to include homosexuals, transexuals and other "minorities" like African Americans and the Hispanic. But see, here's the thing - the ends don't justify the means.

Maybe she's right. Maybe a world dominated by women would be a veritable paradise. But I doubt it. Not sure how, but women would find a way to wag a war of passive aggression that is just as deadly. And no, I'm not falling back on the whole PMS thing. That's been overplayed and is just as dumb an argument as the whole "men can't control themselves" side. I'm falling back on the whole human nature thing. Without men, women would find themselves competing in the same arenas as the men are currently. Evolution suggests that they would begin to emulate the same actions and traits that made men so successful at it in the first place. So what began as an "altruistic semi-genocide", if there is such a thing, would end up doing absolutely nothing. Sure, it might take a while and she would obviously never see it, but it would happen.

What strikes me is the irony of the whole thing. She intends to do what she perceives men doing - and indeed taking it to the nth degree higher - and justifies it in exactly the same manner in which male-dominated societies justify the oppression of women. And she sees nothing wrong with this. It's this irony that makes the whole thing smell like Poe's Law.
passive aggressive? have you ever seen a womens rugby game. Downright viscious.

Dave

Dave

You can also click on our logo and see it on the front page.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I, for one, welcome our new femyle overladies.

Dave

Dave

You have not been selected to the breeding program. Please present your nuts for an emergency lopitoffame.

bhamv3

bhamv3

You have not been selected to the breeding program. Please present your nuts for an emergency lopitoffame.
I, for one, now have no intention of submitting to our new femyle overladies.

Telephius

Telephius

I believe the term Ovarylord can also be used.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I have a feeling who our first volunteer for ICD may be.

Calleja

Calleja

I could totally see myself being a gene spreader.

DEATH BY SNOO SNOO!

tegid

tegid

Evolution suggests that they would begin to emulate the same actions and traits that made men so successful at it in the first place.
That's not necessarily true: one could argue that in the present situation of technological advance there is no real need for the agressiveness that male hormones create. The human race is already successful, they wouldn't need to emulate 'men's success'. And in any case, there is no single solution to a problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1358932116][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh god what am I doing

Bubble181

Bubble181

Y'know, I have another solution. If we jsut put the whole world on Trobriand Island Yams, we could also have a much more peaceful society, with much more equality and love and understanding.

(short version: some tribes on these islands have a diet consisting in large part of eating a specific type of yams every day. They're natural anticonceptives. Since they have a yearly feast to celebrate the dead, which is the only time of year they fast, it's also the only time they're fertile. Thus, they never made the link sex-procreation - all children there are born around the same time of year, all women get pregnant the same time of year. This has resulted in a society where sex and relationships are seen completely different. Sex is a fun happy passtime anyone can have with anyone whenever they want, much like going for a drink or giving a hug (yeah, before we came by, they didn't have VDs, either. Bloody bastards living in paradise!), monogamous relationships as such don't exist since people choose to live with people in families, and children are all seen as belonging to anyone and everyone. The mother is caretaker, but all men are father. No relationships and no concept of paternity -> no jealousy -> no wars).)

This is obviously the short cracked.com version, but I've looked into it a bit and it was actually relatively accurate. Of course it's all gone to hell by now due to our wonderful Western values being impressed upon them.

tegid

tegid

That's not necessarily true: one could argue that in the present situation of technological advance there is no real need for the agressiveness that male hormones create. The human race is already successful, they wouldn't need to emulate 'men's success'. And in any case, there is no single solution to a problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1358932116][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh god what am I doing
Oh, femitheist is definitely reading the thread and answering to specific posts on twitter! I'm going to bite and engage in conversation. If anyone wants me to stop, just tell me. Maybe I should take this directly to twitter?

That's the way Tegid @Halforums - You're almost there! (;
First of all, the very same argument (it's been said in this thread) can be used to argue that humanity should be wiped out, couldn't it? Anyway, I wasn't almost there in my previous post because it was something purely hypothetical. An academic discussion, if you will. To be convinced that the actual problem of humanity are male hormones I'd need to see the extraordinary evidence that supported such an extraordinary claim. After all, who's to say that the problem isn't more cultural than biological? How do you know that most of the agressiveness doesn't come from what you could call the values of patriarchal society? And even if it were a biological problem, human beings are known for overcoming nature through nurture, education, society. The most extreme position I can understand is talking about shifting the values of society to more 'feminine' ones (although I absolutely hate the wording). Yeah, I know that you must've been told that a thousand times. Write that FAQ or don't complain ;)

Even asuming your hypotheses, wouldn't it make more sense to cull both men and women according to their hormone, aggressiveness, sensibility levels? Women also have testosterone, you know?

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I could totally see myself being a gene spreader.

DEATH BY SNOO SNOO!

Your face isn't symmetrical enough. You male pig.[DOUBLEPOST=1358944400][/DOUBLEPOST]HOLY SHIT! This is all an elaborate revenge plot against Mario Lopez!

Chaz

I think someone has daddy issues....

Dave

Dave

Stirring the pot! Wonder who this could be! ;)

strawman

strawman

Exactly! And if there were no daddies, then she would have had a much better life, right?

Chaz

You know shitbag misadrist threads are like my fucking batsignal, Dave. AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLPPPPPPPHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA

strawman

strawman

Someone's trying too hard.

Chaz

Someone's trying too hard.
Yes, we wouldn't want to offend the insane person you're trying to have civil discourse with. We all know how with logic and reason they will see the err of their idiotic assumptions and conclusions. Steiny, the only fun way to deal with a moron like this chick is to point and laugh. She's honestly no better than a member of the WBC or KKK. Would you give them your time and patience?

Necronic

Necronic

FREE CHAZ!

Covar

Covar

K
that's why you don't drink the water.

Dave

Dave

FREE CHAZ!
Much better than the Chaz you have to pay for.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Much better than the Chaz you have to pay for.
But what if he starts charging for DLC?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

But how will they open pickle jars?[DOUBLEPOST=1358955497][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, we're talking about something else now. Moving on...

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

"Misandry is real" - Chaz

Necronic

Necronic

So I mentioned this idea to my girlfriend last night because it was so nuts (pun intended), and she paused and looked thoughtful for a bit. Definitely made me uncomfortable sleeping next to her that night.

Dave

Dave

"Misandry is real" - Chaz
It's like Rule 34, but for racism/sexism. "For every condition there is an irrational dislike or hatred for that group."

Misandry does exist, but it may not be at the level that some think it is. Anti-Christian bigotry exists, although it may not be as big as some think it is. Racism against whites is real, although it might not be as big as some think it is.

You get the picture. There are circumstances where people are looked down upon not because of anything they did but because they are a dude. I think this lady fits really well into that category. People don't try and eradicate 90% of something they like, unless it's booze.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

People don't try and eradicate 90% of something they like, unless it's booze.
Or bacon.

Dave

Dave

Or bacon.
I still don't like bacon.

tegid

tegid

"Misandry is real" - Femitheist
[DOUBLEPOST=1358957614][/DOUBLEPOST](FTFY)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Dave

Dave

Covar

Covar

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The idea of people thinking misandry is some big threat just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Covar

Covar

It's just a little sexism, amirite!

Necronic

Necronic

The idea of people thinking misandry is some big threat just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.
It's very similar to the "Black on White" racism. Like people claiming that the NAACP is a racist organization (had someone at work explain that gem to me. But the thing is that, while these things are not practical concerns (I'm not losing job opportunities because I am white/male), they are most definitely philosophical concerns. Going back to the race side of things that is primarily the reason I don't like Malcolm X. He had a couple of good points, but the foundation of his argumen was basically racial superiority, which compromises his position in an argumen about equality.

The same is true of misandry. When a feminist movement has, as a base assumption, gender superiority, they then abdicate a right to argue for equality. The only difference between racial and gender superiority is that race has little to no genetic effect on a person's strength/weakness (there are some significan differences, like some Asians being unable to process alcohol), while genders are clearly and significantly different genetically.

So that makes the equality argument a lot more complex. As opposed to racial equality, where the fundamental argumen is that races are fundamentally equal in creation, gender equality is that genders should fundamentally be treated equally. And there's the problem with misandry, as it completely violates the concept of treating people equally.

strawman

strawman

So ANYway I can't help but play the devil's advocate here.

As far as I can tell, the male subspecies of Homo Sapiens is a genetic mutation. One which was necessary for the whole of homo-sapiens to progress, but, like the appendix, no longer serves a useful function.

Face it. We've got incomplete and/or broken DNA, which expresses traits not strictly conducive to a harmonious society.

In many countries we are already allowing pregnant women to perform genetic testing for chromosomal abnormalities, and terminate the pregnancy based on that testing. We already have processes for performing gender selection prior to implantation.

As a human race, it might be time to take a hard look at the male subspecies, and identify it as a mutation, one which is no longer needed.

:popcorn:

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

As a human race, it might be time to take a hard look at the male subspecies, and identify it as a mutation, one which is no longer needed.
Sis? Is that you?

tegid

tegid

Sorry, who said that again?

strawman

strawman

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

As far as I can tell, the male subspecies of Homo Sapiens is a genetic mutation. One which was necessary for the whole of homo-sapiens to progress, but, like the appendix, no longer serves a useful function.

Face it. We've got incomplete and/or broken DNA, which expresses traits not strictly conducive to a harmonious society.

In many countries we are already allowing pregnant women to perform genetic testing for chromosomal abnormalities, and terminate the pregnancy based on that testing. We already have processes for performing gender selection prior to implantation.

You really should be using a stronger password for your account.

Dave

Dave

From an EMAIL FROM CHAZ:

Aaaaggggggh (the femithiest thread) !!!!! Tell Steiny his devil's advocate proposal is full of more scientific holes than a block of swiss cheese!
AN EMAIL!! Look what you've all driven the poor guy to do!

tegid

tegid

I almost answered something like that!

strawman

strawman

Chaz - get on twitter and tweet me! I rarely visit twitter these days, but if you tweet @halforums I'll see it on the forum front page occasionally.

@stienman is my twitter, fyi.

Besides, such manifestos aren't supposed to be based on fact, they're merely to convince people to think a certain way about a certain subject.

Lastly, how many scientific holes does a block of swiss cheese have, exactly?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Technically, aren't all holes scientific holes?

strawman

strawman

Technically, aren't all holes scientific holes?
Aspholes aren't. They're psychological holes.

tegid

tegid

But if you want to play devil's advocate, you have to be a bit more refined than a manifesto!
Replace the 'our DNA is broken/incomplete, whatever', which is too blatant, and instead give us a couple points about why males really are so awful.
You can leave the rest of the scientific holes in, they work in a manifesto-exaggerated metaphore :p

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Aspholes aren't. They're psychological holes.
Psychology is a science! :cry:

tegid

tegid

Part of it at least..

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Part of it at least..
Actually, it probably depends whether you consider Psychiatry and Psychology to be part of the same field. In practice, they're deeply interlinked, but in principle, the disciplines are radically different.

Covar

Covar

Psychology is a science! :cry:
No.

tegid

tegid

Actually, it probably depends whether you consider Psychiatry and Psychology to be part of the same field. In practice, they're deeply interlinked, but in principle, the disciplines are radically different.
Even if you don't consider them as the same field/science/whatevs (I usually don't), there's certainly a part of psychology that can be considered a science, right?

Covar

Covar

Psycholgy is to science as Economics is to math.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Even if you don't consider them as the same field/science/whatevs (I usually don't), there's certainly a part of psychology that can be considered a science, right?
Yes, the part the enacts the scientific method.

tegid

tegid

Psycholgy is to science as Economics is to math.
That analogy doesn't really work.

Covar

Covar

Sure Behaviorism (now largely replaced by it's younger brother Cognative Behaviorism) and a few other branches that discard the large swaths of the mind that are not observable and direct attention toward what can be observed, tested, and repeated. Then there's the "english major" sections that handle things like a literary critique.[DOUBLEPOST=1358963169][/DOUBLEPOST]
That analogy doesn't really work.
Well I only ever took my one required economics class what do you expect :p

Necronic

Necronic

Yes, the part the enacts the scientific method.
Meaning the part that doesn't involve Psychiatry (my gf is a Psychology PhD student and we have talked ad nauseum about "the problem of psychiatry")

Edit: it really is a significant problem. Psychiatrists recieve phenomenally little training in the study of Psychology (it's mostly medical school), but psychologists should not be prescribing medication without medical training.

PatrThom

PatrThom

46521.jpg

(Inspiration?)

--Patrick

Necronic

Necronic

If that's the case then all we need is a Riker to woo them.

strawman

strawman

GasBandit

GasBandit

I say we stop all this silly prancing about, stop procrastinating and simply get around to bludgeoning all the women to death with our massive, terrifying penises. Because it's obviously expected from us at some point.

Dave

Dave

Damn. This means I have to go out & buy a massive or terrifying penis. I have neither.[DOUBLEPOST=1358971199][/DOUBLEPOST]Can I bludgeon them with my average, mildly humorous penis?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If I am informed correctly, you need only just stick it in the microwave.

Dave

Dave

If I am informed correctly, you need only just stick it in the microwave.
Bah. I'm already shooting blanks. My wife and I made the call years ago to get me snipped. Not that my wife counts. She calls herself a wife so of course she must be under my thumb or subjugated.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bah. I'm already shooting blanks. My wife and I made the call years ago to get me snipped. Not that my wife counts. She calls herself a wife so of course she must be under my thumb or subjugated.
Reference:

TommiR

TommiR

Mr. Marsh seems to have done well in internet discussions.

Dave

Dave

So it just came through on CNN that the US military is ending its ban on women in combat! That's great! A step in the right direction towards equality, ladies!

Covar

Covar

Now if they're going to have mixed gender units they need to even up the PT score requirements.

Necronic

Necronic

So it just came through on CNN that the US military is ending its ban on women in combat! That's great! A step in the right direction towards equality, ladies!
You mean they'll start acknowledging that women have been serving in combat for at least a decade now? (fun fact: lots of women get so called "non-combat" postings and still see as much action as a GI, they just don't get credit for it)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Somehow I'm not surprised a thread about feminism led to a prolonged discussion of dicks

GasBandit

GasBandit

Somehow I'm not surprised a thread about feminism led to a prolonged discussion of dicks
Well, they are the obsessive focus of every civilization on earth, ever.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm more of a butt man, myself.

Dave

Dave

I'm more of a butt man, myself.
That makes you a "top".

PatrThom

PatrThom

If the Y chromosome is a splinter mutation, it is one which occurred in the incredibly distant evolutionary past, long before vertebrates, even.
As evolution tends to favor successful mutations, it is one which has stuck around long enough for me to think that maybe there is a legit reason for continuing the idea of sexual difference.
The scientist in me wants studies done before I would commit to the idea, but I'm sure a multitude of ethics organizations would find fault with that idea, much like they have with Eugenics.
Historically, attempts to breed out undesirable features in an organism tend to result in bringing to light other undesirable features, which is a common side effect of inbreeding.
Learning to micro manipulate the human genome may go a ways towards compensating for these faults, but there will be many, many "mistakes" until its function is completely understood.

Also, just noticed the 'needs a lock' response. I'm sure it will come in handy later.

--Patrick

Necronic

Necronic

hehe...."Prolonged"

Dave

Dave

Also, just noticed the 'needs a lock' response. I'm sure it will come in handy later.

--Patrick
Wondered who would notice this first. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

What's the point? Isn't "needs a lock" what "report" is for?

Dave

Dave

Needs a lock is for when no rules have been broken yet the thread is mired in crap. A report would be for things like infractions & stuff like that. A lock icon won't send up a mod flag like the report will, but it's to cut down on all the false reports that are just plain ignored or rejected.

Necronic

Necronic

This won't get out of hand at all.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Needs a lock is for when no rules have been broken yet the thread is mired in crap. A report would be for things like infractions & stuff like that. A lock icon won't send up a mod flag like the report will, but it's to cut down on all the false reports that are just plain ignored or rejected.
Ah, so it's a placebo. Got it.

Dave

Dave

This won't get out of hand at all.
Only two people so far have clicked it and you've done it twice. You don't want it to get out of hand? Police yourself.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

when my next thread about something left of the United States' center (which is far right internationally) gets the Lock thing on the OP, just fyi, I'm going to orgasm

strawman

strawman

Off topic, needs a lock.

GasBandit

GasBandit

when my next thread about something left of the United States' center (which is far right internationally) gets the Lock thing on the OP, just fyi, I'm going to orgasm
Rookie.

Necronic

Necronic

Only two people so far have clicked it and you've done it twice. You don't want it to get out of hand? Police yourself.
I tried to but then I shouted "THIS IS WHAT A POLICE STATE LOOKS LIKE!" into the mirror.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I tried to but then I shouted "THIS IS WHAT A POLICE STATE LOOKS LIKE!" into the mirror.
if you want to see a police state, just visit any jail or inner city in America

T

The_Khan

if you want to see a police state, just visit any jail or inner city in America
Have you?

Necronic

Necronic

I recently was beaten nearly to death and imprisoned for 30 years for speaking out against the government online, so I think Charlie has a point

T

The_Khan

I recently was beaten nearly to death and imprisoned for 30 years for speaking out against the government online, so I think Charlie has a point
I mean the TSA is kind of annoying and gives the wrong impression but other than that...

Seriously can think of many other countries that are more repressive than the states (I'm more referring to my time in Saudi Arabia than anything. I imagine n.korea is right up there.)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Worse places existing doesn't make the United States a bastion of liberty, guys

bhamv3

bhamv3

That you can imagine a theoretically freer state doesn't make the US a citadel of tyranny either.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Did you lop your balls off yet?

Frank

Frank

It was actually a thread about extreme feminism who's goal is the eradication or castration of all males. Dicks are pivotal.

bhamv3

bhamv3

It was actually a thread about extreme feminism who's goal is the eradication or castration of all males. Dicks are pivotal.
*imagines pivoting on dick*

*winces*

Terrik

Terrik

Did you lop your balls off yet?
"Lop" is such a great 'sound' word.

lop lop lop lop

lop!

TommiR

TommiR

Opening up combat roles for women who can pass the physical requirements seems like an appropriate step. But my understanding is that combat soldiers tend to carry a lot of heavy gear with them, some MOS's even more than others. It will be interesting to see the percentage of women who qualify for infantry grunt work or for feeding a gun tube all day. It will also be interesting to see what if any adjustments the military needs to make to accommodate for separate-sex privacy in the front lines, as well as the amount of any possible litigation concerning sexual discrimination and harassment arising from the fact that a unit in a line of foxholes usually isn't a very neat, tidy and sensitive place.

bhamv3

bhamv3

It is my understanding that the military already has to deal with tons of sexual discrimination, harassment, or outright assault, even without the frontline mixing of sexes.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It will also be interesting to see what if any adjustments the military needs to make to accommodate for separate-sex privacy in the front lines, as well as the amount of any possible litigation concerning sexual discrimination and harassment arising from the fact that a unit in a line of foxholes usually isn't a very neat, tidy and sensitive place.
If you insist on having separate showers or bathrooms for men and women when you're in the middle of Afghanistan, get the heck out. I'm all in favour of letting anyone who's physically capable of a job, do the job (for equal wage and with equal rights etc). If you need special accomodations, you're not equal for the task.
Of course, while I've met women who demanded female soldiers are supplied with all kinds of nonsense (for the record, "putting a garbage can in the toilet" isn't ridiculous nonsense; "putting up a separate-and-equally-large shower facilities for 2 women as for 48 men" is), I've never actually met a female combat soldier who asked for that. There's a difference between "showering together" and "sharing shower facilities". If you can't do that because "eww man cooties", you don't belong in a war zone. If you can't because the rest of your unit will rape/abuse you, the rest of your unit doesn't belong there.

Covar

Covar

But showing bigotry against majorities is ok, because there's far worse bigotry against minorities!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

But showing bigotry against majorities is ok, because there's far worse bigotry against minorities!
it's not okay, it's just not a big problem

strawman

strawman

it's just not a big problem

(referring to the fact that this statement can be used in response to 90% of your comments, so it's funny that you use it yourself)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Won't "Needs a Lock" become the new disagree?

TommiR

TommiR

If you insist on having separate showers or bathrooms for men and women when you're in the middle of Afghanistan, get the heck out. I'm all in favour of letting anyone who's physically capable of a job, do the job (for equal wage and with equal rights etc). If you need special accomodations, you're not equal for the task.
Of course, while I've met women who demanded female soldiers are supplied with all kinds of nonsense (for the record, "putting a garbage can in the toilet" isn't ridiculous nonsense; "putting up a separate-and-equally-large shower facilities for 2 women as for 48 men" is), I've never actually met a female combat soldier who asked for that. There's a difference between "showering together" and "sharing shower facilities". If you can't do that because "eww man cooties", you don't belong in a war zone. If you can't because the rest of your unit will rape/abuse you, the rest of your unit doesn't belong there.
I imagine these things might be easily arranged in a barracks environment. Just have your combat MOS women use the same facilities as the non-combat MOS women. No insurmountable obstacles that I can see.

But I am thinking more about ground forces under field conditions, where such things as showers and toilets are a luxury, and space and weight in the carrying capacity of a light infantry unit at a premium. 'Man cooties' don't feature in such things.

strawman

strawman

I imagine these things might be easily arranged in a barracks environment. Just have your combat MOS women use the same facilities as the non-combat MOS women. No insurmountable obstacles that I can see.

But I am thinking more about ground forces under field conditions, where such things as showers and toilets are a luxury, and space and weight in the carrying capacity of a light infantry unit at a premium. 'Man cooties' don't feature in such things.
Articles I've read suggest that they are looking at shared facilities.

Either way, the rape problem is probably only going to get worse on the front lines.

On the other hand, this might actually be helpful, because currently on the front lines women are second class soldiers - not eligible for the same promotions, awards, etc, which suggests that their jobs weren't protected as strongly as the men's, therefore any complaints about rape would probably lead to them losing their job, regardless of success of prosecution against the criminal or not.

With recognized equal footing and the same rights as men on the front line, they might actually have a chance at keeping their job even if they make complaints against others in their units.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Won't "Needs a Lock" become the new disagree?
In that they're both dumb, definitely. If you disagree, post why you disagree. If it really needs a lock (and I don't mean "I don't wanna listen to this any more la la la lock it") then report it. If you just don't want to listen to a certain person any more, ignore them. If you think a thread has gone beyond it's usefulness, unsubscribe from it.

strawman

strawman

In that they're both dumb, definitely. If you disagree, post why you disagree. If it really needs a lock (and I don't mean "I don't wanna listen to this any more la la la lock it") then report it. If you just don't want to listen to a certain person any more, ignore them. If you think a thread has gone beyond it's usefulness, unsubscribe from it.
The "disagree" is for when you simply disagree, but you aren't interested in explaining why. It's better than a post saying only, "I disagree" or "Shut up".

The Lock is actually a social cue, and a replacement for "I don't think this is bad enough to actually flag, but you're getting awfully close to the line and might want to reconsider being such a jerk."

Although I typically only use them for their humor value.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The "disagree" is for when you simply disagree, but you aren't interested in explaining why. It's better than a post saying only, "I disagree" or "Shut up".
I disagree. It's a cowardly and dismissive way to end a conversation in a medium that is supposed to be about conversation.

(See what I did there?)

The Lock is actually a social cue, and a replacement for "I don't think this is bad enough to actually flag, but you're getting awfully close to the line and might want to reconsider being such a jerk."
We don't need a macro for that, we need creative expression through communication. It's asinine. (There's that word again) And frankly, a pissy, passive agressive "social cue" like that will only egg those it's meant to be used on (like me) on.

Like back when "dislike" was a thing and Chaz and I were both seeing how many we could get.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Brofist for trying to turn asinine into a new forum meme.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I wonder how much time of his life gilgamesh has wasted rating every single one of my posts "funny"

strawman

strawman

I wonder how much time Charlie has wasted of our lives by posting such egregiously offtopic noise in various threads.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I wonder how much time of his life gilgamesh has wasted rating every single one of my posts "funny"
Not everyone, just the ones you're funny in.

Most of the times I don't tag a post you make as funny, is when you're trying to be.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I how wonder how much time Stienman has at all with his whole brood running around training to defend the world from the femyles.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I just went with the flow itt, there were like 7 posts about the lock feature before I said anything

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Lop" is such a great 'sound' word.

lop lop lop lop

lop!
Smock smock smock smock smock...

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Cockle spats. Cockle spats Cockle spats Cockle spats.

Necronic

Necronic

it's not okay, it's just not a big problem
Dunno why people are mocking that statement. Bigotry against the majority is not a problem in our country. Philosophically it's a problem. Practically it is not.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Dunno why people are mocking that statement. Bigotry against the majority is not a problem in our country. Philosophically it's a problem. Practically it is not.
Black man: "Fuck the police!"
*is put in jail*
White man: REVEEEEEEEEEEEERSE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACISSSSSSSSSSSSSSM

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Because "horseshit!" isn't a thing...

yet. ;)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I would prefer "Balderdash" where the icon is a smiley with a monocle, sipping tea.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I would prefer "Balderdash" where the icon is a smiley with a monocle, sipping tea.
I would use this smiley possibly to the exclusion of all others.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Well, Dave? Where is it? :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I disagree, while prejudice against the majority very seldom hurts the majority on anything more than a personal/emotional level, it does harm the minority by hindering communication about prejudice. A man hearing "well, you're just a man so it's impossible for you to understand feminism" may not harm his progress in his profession or his status in society at large, it sure as hell makes it harder for feminism to make progress. The same goes for race, religion, socio-economic class and more. As long as those in the majority (or those in power, not always the same thing) are treated often enough as the enemy, it will serve to make it more difficult to gain sympathy and understanding for the minority/disadvantaged.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I disagree, while prejudice against the majority very seldom hurts the majority on anything more than a personal/emotional level, it does harm the minority by hindering communication about prejudice. A man hearing "well, you're just a man so it's impossible for you to understand feminism" may not harm his progress in his profession or his status in society at large, it sure as hell makes it harder for feminism to make progress. The same goes for race, religion, socio-economic class and more. As long as those in the majority (or those in power, not always the same thing) are treated often enough as the enemy, it will serve to make it more difficult to gain sympathy and understanding for the minority/disadvantaged.
ahh my favorite argument - feminists are the reason women are still treated unfairly

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Do you ever pay attention to things people actually say? I still can't tell if you're just trolling or you're really that oblivious.

strawman

strawman

figmentPez

figmentPez

ahh my favorite argument - feminists are the reason women are still treated unfairly
See, even Charlie gets confused and thinks that feminism = misandry.

If you were paying attention, my argument was that hatred breeds hatred. Both misogyny and misandry are stumbling blocks to feminism because either type of hatred only encourages more distrust between the sexes. Racism harms civil rights, period, because hated based on race (regardless of what race is being hated) only encourages distrust between the races. It is only a small minority of voices that promote misandry within feminism, and only a small minority of voices within civil rights that promote racism, but vocal minorities can still have an impact.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Do you ever pay attention to things people actually say? I still can't tell if you're just trolling or you're really that oblivious.
Noone listens to me. What can I say.

Eriol

Eriol

If you were paying attention, my argument was that hatred breeds hatred. Both misogyny and misandry are stumbling blocks to feminism because either type of hatred only encourages more distrust between the sexes. Racism harms civil rights, period, because hated based on race (regardless of what race is being hated) only encourages distrust between the races. It is only a small minority of voices that promote misandry within feminism, and only a small minority of voices within civil rights that promote racism, but vocal minorities can still have an impact.
Pez, both this post and the long-ish one before it is the most concise and accurate way I've ever seen that sentiment expressed. Actually I struggle to think of any other time I've seen the actual correlation stated. Thanks.

Necronic

Necronic

I have to admit, that's a very good argument. Pip pip cheerio.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I've noticed that Charlie doesn't really respond to posts like these to further explain his position, which is why I pass him off as a troll. He's great at turning his nose in the air and making sure you whiff his fart wafting through the air; however, I have yet to experience any meat (pun intended) behind the snarky comments.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Pez, both this post and the long-ish one before it is the most concise and accurate way I've ever seen that sentiment expressed. Actually I struggle to think of any other time I've seen the actual correlation stated. Thanks.
Thank you.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

that post is just doubling down on the whole "minority bigots are a huge problem" thing. I never said they weren't a problem, just that.. you know. the majority holding them down is a much bigger problem.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

that post is just doubling down on the whole "minority bigots are a huge problem" thing. I never said they weren't a problem, just that.. you know. the majority holding them down is a much bigger problem.
No one here is claiming otherwise, particularly not Pez. Or to put it another way, there's a reason why MLK Jr.'s message resonated so much more with the majority than Malcolm X's.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

No one here is claiming otherwise, particularly not Pez. Or to put it another way, there's a reason why MLK Jr.'s message resonated so much more with the majority than Malcolm X's.
at least Malcolm X led to slightly better gun control

strawman

strawman

at least Malcolm X led to slightly better gun control
Wow. With one sentence you completely dismiss the accomplishments of Martin Luther king and the vast majority of what Malcolm X's efforts resulted in.

It is staggering how you go around telling everyone else what their faults are when you appear to suffer from them a hundred fold.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Wow. With one sentence you completely dismiss the accomplishments of Martin Luther king and the vast majority of what Malcolm X's efforts resulted in.

It is staggering how you go around telling everyone else what their faults are when you appear to suffer from them a hundred fold.
I was being flippant, christ

Calleja

Calleja

I was being flippant, christ
I'll have to remember that response for 90% of your holier-than-thou replies, too.

Dave

Dave

Lay off Charlie, man! Can't a dude even joke around without getting attacked?

Chuck! Use more smilies or something! People can't tell when you are serious and when you are joking!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

"In the Internet, no one can hear you snark."

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Flippant Christ, Jesus' snarkier wise-ass brother

GasBandit

GasBandit

Jesus' middle name is Pogosticking. His nickname is "Jumpin'."

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I thought it was Humperdinck? You know, as in Jesus H. Christ?

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's been how many years and you guys still can't figure Charlie out.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I've been trying to explain him to them for a while now.

Lay off Charlie, man! Can't a dude even joke around without getting attacked?

Chuck! Use more smilies or something! People can't tell when you are serious and when you are joking!
Noone listens to me.

ElJuski

ElJuski

womp womp

Calleja

Calleja

I've been trying to explain him to them for a while now.

Noone listens to me.
Have you guys thought that maybe, just maybe WE JUST DON'T THINK HE'S FUNNY? Even if he's "joking", it always feels slimy and holier-than-thou to me.

T

The_Khan

What... he shouldn't quit his day job?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Have you guys thought that maybe, just maybe WE JUST DON'T THINK HE'S FUNNY? Even if he's "joking", it always feels slimy and holier-than-thou to me.
You're totally right in not feeling he's funny, just understand that he's not 100% serious in his posts and it is slimy and holier-than-thou. Yet understand he's not in it for a real civil and growth creating conversation. He's in it for his lulz/self-satisfaction, whether we find it funny or not.

Calleja

Calleja

You're totally right in not feeling he's funny, just understand that he's not 100% serious in his posts and it is slimy and holier-than-thou. Yet understand he's not in it for a real civil and growth creating conversation. He's in it for his lulz/self-satisfaction, whether we find it funny or not.
Right, but I won't "act" like he's funny like you seem to love to do just so he doesn't get "satisfaction". If what he craves is people disagreeing with what he says, then more power to him, I'm not gonna cull my reactions based on someone else's needs.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Right, but I won't "act" like he's funny like you seem to love to do just so he doesn't get "satisfaction". If what he craves is people disagreeing with what he says, then more power to him, I'm not gonna cull my reactions based on someone else's needs.
Then don't cull your reactions, but reacting to him is like going up to a Westboro member and yelling/arguing with them. It's exactly what they want, you will get nowhere with them with reason, and in the end, you only leave more frustrated while they smile bigger and bigger.

Calleja

Calleja

Then don't cull your reactions, but reacting to him is like going up to a Westboro member and yelling/arguing with them. It's exactly what they want, you will get nowhere with them with reason, and in the end, you only leave more frustrated while they smile bigger and bigger.
What? Why would someone online "frustrate" me?

what?

Dude, I disagree with him, or any other poster, tell him so cause I don't filter who I am here, and then move on and drink beer and watch Friends, I don't understand why you need to STOP MAKING HIM SMILE, it's his own sad personal issues if he really does smile when I disagree, not mine.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I'm guessing you'd probably walk up to a Westboro member and try to explain to them, why they're wrong, multiple times a day then? That's basically what you're doing. There's a difference between filtering yourself and realizing futility.

Terrik

Terrik

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff------------

It's a good thing I have extras.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm guessing you'd probably walk up to a Westboro member and try to explain to them, why they're wrong, multiple times a day then? That's basically what you're doing. There's a difference between filtering yourself and realizing futility.
No, bro, it's not the same thing. It's a dude in a forum against an organization that actually profits from the attention they get by disrupting funerals. If you really, truly think it's the same thing then the biggest problem here is yours, not Charlie's.

Honestly what you do of "following his game" and rating every other post of his funny and making fun of people for "not getting him" is 100 times worse, it's like being his fucking sidekick.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

You've got to let this go Calleja. This is the kind of disruption that a leech like Charlie enjoys.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

talking about gilgamesh and people's reactions to me is boring, imho

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ahh my favorite argument
How can you choose when you love them all so much?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Honestly what you do of "following his game" and rating every other post of his funny and making fun of people for "not getting him" is 100 times worse, it's like being his fucking sidekick.
I don't recall making fun of anyone for not getting him? I think you're seeing something that isn't there.

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's this constant bickering about dumb shit that keeps me from sticking around Halforums, for the record.

Also, what's this thread really about, anyway? The latest Parks and Rec? It was an okay episode, but I was underwhelmed by it all.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

It's this constant bickering about dumb shit that keeps me from sticking around Halforums, for the record.
Half-agreed.
People really need to stop over-reacting to posts or assuming things are said that aren't.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Half-agreed.
People really need to stop over-reacting to posts or assuming things are said that aren't.
STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO, ASSHOLE! :mad:

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO, ASSHOLE! :mad:
mQRfi - Imgur.gif

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Welp, I'm out

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

:lock: