Ye Olde Halforums Pub (Est. 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
I'll take one of those Beer brand beers they're always asking for on movies and television. You know, "I'll have a Beer." Or, "Can I get you anything?" "Just a Beer." Must be good. Everyone's always asking for it.

I'll take one of those Beer brand beers they're always asking for on movies and television. You know, "I'll have a Beer." Or, "Can I get you anything?" "Just a Beer." Must be good. Everyone's always asking for it.
How about Archie Bunker's brand?

I remember my father explaining to me about the concept of inventing a fictitious brand for use in a TV show or movie. This was the case study.

I'll take a case of Bud Light and family sized bag of Cheetos. And I'll be set for a weekend of Football (college and pro) and Warcraft.

M

Morgoth

In PA, Philly area, if you ask for a "Lager" they give you Yuengling. When I was at Pitt, you could ask for a "beer", and you'd get Iron City staring at you with it's cold, dead, lifeless eyes.

On my last visit to my weekly watering hole, I noticed that the Summit Winter Ale tap had gone up. This makes me very happy, indeed.
I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.

I'm bottling 12 gallons of red wine tonight. Depending on the amount of sampling required, work could be a little slow tomorrow.

Winemaking is great, but I miss having time to make beer. :(

K

Kitty Sinatra

I remember my father explaining to me about the concept of inventing a fictitious brand for use in a TV show or movie. This was the case study.
Yeah, the goode olde dayse back before they realized they could make money using real brands.

A

Armadillo

On my last visit to my weekly watering hole, I noticed that the Summit Winter Ale tap had gone up. This makes me very happy, indeed.
I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.[/QUOTE]

You'll know the armadillo when you see it...big shell, long snout.

Old Chicago was the place I saw it. I'd tell you which one, but then you might track me down and run me over with a truck.

C

Chazwozel

In PA, Philly area, if you ask for a "Lager" they give you Yuengling. When I was at Pitt, you could ask for a "beer", and you'd get Iron City staring at you with it's cold, dead, lifeless eyes.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Iron Shitty. Made from the finest used steel-plant water this side of the Appalachians!

S

Silvanesti

Blah, its cold as balls here. I'll have a hot buttered rum please.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I'm bottling 12 gallons of red wine tonight. Depending on the amount of sampling required, work could be a little slow tomorrow.

*sneaks a bottle of Jake's homemade wine*

My parents had a friend who used to make some of the best homemade red that I've had. It was deceptively potent. Tasted almost like grape juice, but had a punch you never expected.

I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.[/QUOTE]

You'll know the armadillo when you see it...big shell, long snout.

Old Chicago was the place I saw it. I'd tell you which one, but then you might track me down and run me over with a truck.[/QUOTE]

I will find you. And I WILL destroy you. Or buy you a drink. WHO KNOWS.:paranoid:

R

rabbitgod

As noted earlier I make beer. I'd love to make some wine, but I don't have enough room at the moment. I have 10 gallons of Apfelwein aging and they're taking up about half my fermenting space. So I've this little corner for beer.

We should do a booze trade. I'm transfering a Wit to secondary tonight.

As noted earlier I make beer. I'd love to make some wine, but I don't have enough room at the moment. I have 10 gallons of Apfelwein aging and they're taking up about half my fermenting space. So I've this little corner for beer.

We should do a booze trade. I'm transfering a Wit to secondary tonight.[/QUOTE]
After seeing the shipping charge when I sent a bottle to Zen, I don't think it's worth it to swap except in person.

I used to make a vicious Wit. I found that adding about 4 oz of freshly shaved ginger root to the secondary sent it into heavenly territory. Really brings out the wheat tang if you're brewing all-grain. Using about 5-10% of your grain as rolled oats is nice, too. I was working on a lime zest and lemongrass Wit with a little chili spice to it, but I don't think I ever perfected the recipe.

And yes, work has been a little slow today. Sampling 12 gallons of 14% abv wine here and there apparently adds up.

R

rabbitgod

Jake said:
shipping and stuff
That's true, shipping is costly. So much packaging and the weight to delicious is not slanted favorably.

I've heard of using ginger root before. I thought about trying it next time I make a Wit. This one smelled wonderfull when I checked on it earlier.

I need to bottle 5 gallons of my Apfelwein in the next two or so weeks. I don't have a corker or enough wine bottles though. I still want to make wine :(

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I had a Kiltlifter today at lunch. It was ok. I always try to get a Tucson made beer when I go to bars/restaurants, but they didn't have any today.

My local brew store rents very nice corkers for $5/day. I'd look into that. A high-grade corker makes all the difference.

Speaking of which, who could use a high-grade corking? The line starts here ->

You can also go to the bars and see if they will save the empty glass vodka bottles for you. Make sure they keep the tops too. It may not be the best way to bottle wine, but it's cheap and it works.

And make sure they are screw on tops...

R

rabbitgod

My local brew store rents very nice corkers for $5/day. I'd look into that. A high-grade corker makes all the difference.

Speaking of which, who could use a high-grade corking? The line starts here ->
Mine does as well. But I need to go down there and apparently that's taking a lot more willpower than I thought I had.

Anyway, back to posts where people order drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.