2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

By the last count I saw 200 Ukrainians have been killed compared to 3500 Russian soldiers. Holy shit.

If those numbers are true this is a disaster for Russia. Ukraine is hard as fuck.

By the last count I saw 200 Ukrainians have been killed compared to 3500 Russian soldiers. Holy shit.

If those numbers are true this is a disaster for Russia. Ukraine is hard as fuck.
If true, Russia lost more soldiers than the US did in 3 days than the US did in Iraq in 20 years.

It's hard to know what to believe after it came out that fighter pilot story was fake, but the videos I have been seeing have been pretty stark. There seems to be a general trend.

1) Lots of Russian soldiers don't want to fight, and either abandoned the equipment or gave themselves up. One of the POWs said that he was told all they were doing on the border were combat exercises before all of a sudden being told to roll into Ukraine without much of a plan other then to brute force towards Kyiv. None of them thought they were actually going to do anything until the final hour of invasion.

2) The Ukrainians are using guerilla tactics to basically lead the Russians into kill zones, including changing / removing signs so they don't know where they are going, and blowing up their own bridges to prevent the Russians from alternate routes. Once a truck or convoy moves through a zone they basically brutalize them from all angles with gun fire and anti-tank weapons. The worst one I saw was a transport and armored vehicle rolling through a town square only to be obliterated by what sounded like hundreds of machine guns. The transport got stopped almost instantly, one soldier jumped out to try and escape, but was instantly killed after hitting the ground from the amount of bullet spread. The armored vehicle panicked, and while swerving around the road ran over a civilian car with an old woman inside (what the hell was she doing!?) but lucky for her she survived. Never saw what happened to the armored vehicle, or if they escaped or got destroyed too.

Either way it does make that figure seem pretty reasonable, because these transports are often carrying dozens of soldiers. Each convoy getting caught in these kill zones could lead to hundreds dead in a single barrage, since many of the transports are not armored.

I don't want death, but I do want Ukraine to defend themselves against these bullies. If the people of Russia don't want to participate in this dick measuring contest of Putin's anymore than the people of Ukraine then hopefully they will do something about it.
Speaking of compensating for something, we now have North Korea firing missiles and being like "look at us! We're big-bad important too!"

Reports are that Ukraine took back Kharkiv today. From what I read a whole lot of Russian divisions just straight up surrendered due to lack of ammo and fuel, while the rest that were hostile were eliminated. Putin probably should really consider that negotiation Ukraine is offering near Belarus.

I love now that Putin is showing what a fucking moron he was to start this shit, NOW some Republicans are crawling out from under his ass.

Not mayor Kane (WWE's Kane) though, he's still on Twitter talking about what a strong bad ass Putin is and how he smelled weakness. He smelled his own diaper.

GasBandit

Staff member
This really does feel like he was hoping for another Crimea. I just imagine in his head he saw them walking right into Kyiv, Zelenskyy escaping to EU, which would demoralize the Ukrainians, and then holding "new elections" to install a puppet government, or even just annex the whole region into the Russian Federation. Once he had control he figured NATO would just roll over to avoid a world war spilling into other counties or nuclear destruction, letting him keep what he gained.

What he underestimated was the Ukrainians will to fight. What he thought was going to be simply rolling in and taking the country turned into an actual conflict, and it really feels like his own troops were simply not ready for this level of resistance. They probably thought the majority of Ukrainians were just going to welcome them in. The weakness this invasion has shown makes NATO and other countries feel emboldened to punish Russia with less fear of a major conflict arising, because Putin's army is being shown to be highly ineffective.

Ukranians have been preparing for a Russian return since Crimea....I don't think Russians have been preparing for war in the 21st century at all if how effective low end Turkish drones are in fucking up their supply lines are any indicator.

What he thought was going to be simply rolling in and taking the country turned into an actual conflict, and it really feels like his own troops were simply not ready for this level of resistance.
This sounds strikingly similar to the same "plan" the Jan 6 protesters followed. I wonder if there's a connection?

--Patrick

So Kane/Glenn Jacobs, the Mayor of Knoxville Tennessee somehow, posted some real hardcore weird pro-Putin shit. Hangman Adam Page, the current AEW fucking murdered him with his reply.

This is a great, comprehensive breakdown of why Russia is invading Ukraine. This shouldn't come as much surprise, but a lot of it comes down to oil.

GasBandit

Staff member
They accidentally posted this and then took it down.

google translation:

• OMGWTFBBQ
Reactions: Far
Mission Accomplished banner.txt

But for reals, if some kid wrote that he'd be put on a watch list. That's the manifesto of a mad man.

It definitely sounds like the manifesto of someone who decided to flip their little write-protect tab to "read-only" quite a while back.
"Destabilize the West, then, in the confusion, run in and reclaim what Mother Russia had lost."
The History people are going to have fun in hindsight untangling this all the way to its source(s).

--Patrick

Chechen troops are on their way to Ukraine. This will not end well for the civilian population.
Take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly not long after entering the country and about an hour or so after the Chechen soldiers posted a video taunting Ukraine, almost the entire division, including the General leading them, were wiped out. Have not gotten an independent verification but the Ukraine Ministry of Defense is confirming the deaths.