:3

So, this morning I went over to check my dad's place out for our bi-weekly "inspection" of his winter trailer. As I was stepping out the back door to start up the van he has here in AZ, I saw something moving down by the bumper. I went into the car, opened up the hood to see if something had climbed inside.

CatsInTheEngine.jpg

Two things had climbed inside.

I had to beep the horn a few times to get the kittehs out from the engine bay.

Ever wonder what a bunch of opossums sound like while eating bananas?

I'm sure it's on its way to becoming the next ASMR craze.

--Patrick

I dunno, looks very much like learned behavior to me. Squirrels aren't human prey in most of the civilized world; having seen dogs or whatever beg for a treat and being successful might encourage similar behavior.
In urban areas, the odds of a squirrel dieing from a human-looking human (that is, not a car) are near-zero. Excepting parts of the USA, I can't think of a place where one might casually shoot a squirrel unless really out in the wild.

We have a semi-tame squirrel who hangs around our feeders. He will sit at our feet while we refill them. In the winter, he’s at the door every morning waiting for us to bring the peanuts out. We have to stick our foot out the door first, because he’s tried to come in the house a couple times (he knows where the peanuts are kept!). :D

We have a semi-tame squirrel who hangs around our feeders. He will sit at our feet while we refill them. In the winter, he’s at the door every morning waiting for us to bring the peanuts out. We have to stick our foot out the door first, because he’s tried to come in the house a couple times (he knows where the peanuts are kept!). :D
You know how great this is with your avatar?
"Eeeeeeeeeehhhh, 'morning. Don't bother yourselves, I'll just grab the nuts myself and go."

Dave

Staff member
Squirrels used to be one of the most common pets in the US. There were books on the raising and care of your pet squirrel.

I
I dunno, looks very much like learned behavior to me. Squirrels aren't human prey in most of the civilized world; having seen dogs or whatever beg for a treat and being successful might encourage similar behavior.
In urban areas, the odds of a squirrel dieing from a human-looking human (that is, not a car) are near-zero. Excepting parts of the USA, I can't think of a place where one might casually shoot a squirrel unless really out in the wild.
I was guessing a tourist spot somewhere.