All your guns are belong in this thread.

Gun purchases will still require federal background checks. I assume DA is talking about 'constitutional carry'--the right to carry a gun openly or concealed.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to carry concealed now probably already does do, whether or not they have a permit.I don't imagine taking the permit out of that equation will change much. The biggest societal change will probably be the open carry part. It's not a big deal in Virginia, but we've had it here for a long time. In Texas, I imagine it'll be like someone's 21st birthday (alcohol age here). They'll overdo it considerably because they've been repressed, until they learn to moderate.
I mean, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of middle aged ammosexuals doing it to own the libs as well.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of middle aged ammosexuals doing it to own the libs as well.
Probably. They probably don't understand that, especially in Texas, there's this thing called the "gun toting democrat". I conceal carry. I don't want to advertise that I have a weapon or where it is--the only time someone should see it would be if I ever have to use it (which is an unlikely but non-zero chance). We even have a couple subreddits for left-leaning gun owners.

I don't think it's nearly as much of a left/right issue as the right assumes.

Probably. They probably don't understand that, especially in Texas, there's this thing called the "gun toting democrat". I conceal carry. I don't want to advertise that I have a weapon or where it is--the only time someone should see it would be if I ever have to use it (which is an unlikely but non-zero chance). We even have a couple subreddits for left-leaning gun owners.

I don't think it's nearly as much of a left/right issue as the right assumes.
I agree, "The Right" is a religion at this point, and they don't understand that a lot of people don't feel the need to advertise their political leanings on a minute by minute basis.

Sorry, I did misinterpret the part about background checks. Yeah, if you're not going to require a permit to open carry, why when or how would you do a background check to allow open carry :confused:

I agree, "The Right" is a religion at this point
Funny you should say this:
Possibly unrelated, Iron Rod Ministries had previously released a draft of a potential constitution for the United States of Cheon Il Guk, "the Kingdom of God (and/or Heaven), a sovereign and actual nation does not yet exist in this world, but is the long awaited culmination of the End of Time as prophesied in the Biblical Scripture," a legal document that breaks down laws for taxes, militias, courts, etc., and formally recognizes Moon himself as "King of the Second Kingship of the Kingdom of God, Cheon Il Guk, as the Crowned Successor and Representative Body of the Cosmic True Parents of Heaven and Earth and full Inheritor of the Kingship of God."
Uh-oh.

--Patrick

I recently found WWSD (What Would Stoner Do) on Forgotten Weapons on YouTube. Which lead me to InRangeTV. Which led me to Brownells. Now I want to buy a $1600 rifle.

Dammit I want one. But there is a slightly cheaper version that is all right handed like a normal AR-15. I can't decide if I want to buy the cheaper one now, or wait a year for the one I want.

I have a normal "poverty pony" AR now. It hits what I point it at, but is heavier than this new toy.

I have the money now. But it is hard to move from a $500 rifle to one that is $1200 or $1600 if it ever becomes available.

Last edited: