All your guns are belong in this thread.

Gun purchases will still require federal background checks. I assume DA is talking about 'constitutional carry'--the right to carry a gun openly or concealed.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to carry concealed now probably already does do, whether or not they have a permit.I don't imagine taking the permit out of that equation will change much. The biggest societal change will probably be the open carry part. It's not a big deal in Virginia, but we've had it here for a long time. In Texas, I imagine it'll be like someone's 21st birthday (alcohol age here). They'll overdo it considerably because they've been repressed, until they learn to moderate.
I mean, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of middle aged ammosexuals doing it to own the libs as well.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of middle aged ammosexuals doing it to own the libs as well.
Probably. They probably don't understand that, especially in Texas, there's this thing called the "gun toting democrat". I conceal carry. I don't want to advertise that I have a weapon or where it is--the only time someone should see it would be if I ever have to use it (which is an unlikely but non-zero chance). We even have a couple subreddits for left-leaning gun owners.

I don't think it's nearly as much of a left/right issue as the right assumes.

Probably. They probably don't understand that, especially in Texas, there's this thing called the "gun toting democrat". I conceal carry. I don't want to advertise that I have a weapon or where it is--the only time someone should see it would be if I ever have to use it (which is an unlikely but non-zero chance). We even have a couple subreddits for left-leaning gun owners.

I don't think it's nearly as much of a left/right issue as the right assumes.
I agree, "The Right" is a religion at this point, and they don't understand that a lot of people don't feel the need to advertise their political leanings on a minute by minute basis.

Sorry, I did misinterpret the part about background checks. Yeah, if you're not going to require a permit to open carry, why when or how would you do a background check to allow open carry :confused:

I agree, "The Right" is a religion at this point
Funny you should say this:
Possibly unrelated, Iron Rod Ministries had previously released a draft of a potential constitution for the United States of Cheon Il Guk, "the Kingdom of God (and/or Heaven), a sovereign and actual nation does not yet exist in this world, but is the long awaited culmination of the End of Time as prophesied in the Biblical Scripture," a legal document that breaks down laws for taxes, militias, courts, etc., and formally recognizes Moon himself as "King of the Second Kingship of the Kingdom of God, Cheon Il Guk, as the Crowned Successor and Representative Body of the Cosmic True Parents of Heaven and Earth and full Inheritor of the Kingship of God."
Uh-oh.

--Patrick

I recently found WWSD (What Would Stoner Do) on Forgotten Weapons on YouTube. Which lead me to InRangeTV. Which led me to Brownells. Now I want to buy a $1600 rifle.

Dammit I want one. But there is a slightly cheaper version that is all right handed like a normal AR-15. I can't decide if I want to buy the cheaper one now, or wait a year for the one I want.

I have a normal "poverty pony" AR now. It hits what I point it at, but is heavier than this new toy.

I have the money now. But it is hard to move from a $500 rifle to one that is $1200 or $1600 if it ever becomes available.

Last edited:
I read Lego sent them a cease and desist and they’ve already stopped selling them. Kinda seems like they were just looking for some free advertising.

I’ve been looking for a small gun recently for a home defense/grab and go gun. I’ve recently had run ins with coyotes who aren’t very afraid of me, and meth in the area just keeps getting worse. Not to mention Covid deer. :confused: So I want something that I can stash out of sight that I can grab quickly if needed.

What’s really frustrated me over the past year and a half is that ammo for what I have has been almost non-existent.
I have a 30-06, a 270, a 16 gauge, and a .22. 22LR is always available, but doesn’t help much. Either way, all are rifles or full size shotguns and not ideal for home defense.

So I’d like to stick with a caliber that is almost always available. Something like a 9mm or 243/556. I’ve been going back and forth between the Ruger pc carbine, and the keltec sub 2000. I’m leaning towards a 9mm carbine over a small AR because 9mm rounds seem to always be available.

Anyone have any experience with these guns? I’m leaning towards the keltec right now.

No experience with either, sorry. I assume this means you're living in VERY detached housing, if you're looking to feed 9mm into something that's shoulder-enabled.

--Patrick

No experience with either, sorry. I assume this means you're living in VERY detached housing, if you're looking to feed 9mm into something that's shoulder-enabled.

--Patrick
As opposed to what? A 9mm won’t go through much. But yes, it’s a single house that’s a half mile from anyone else.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anyone have any experience with these guns? I’m leaning towards the keltec right now.
I don't own one, but I have heard a LOT of glowing reviews about the Kel-Tec Sub2000. I also have a cousin who owns a KSG and sings its praises loudly (I know it's a 12ga shotgun, but it speaks further to the quality of Kel-Tec firearms, and it's bullpup, not full sized).

My only issue with shotguns is they’re only really useful after you’re too close, unless you use buckshot, and still it’s iffy.
But I was serious in the coyote problem. I was able to get within 20 yds of one last time before it took off. Which makes me question the safety of my kids playing in the yard unsupervised.

As opposed to what? A 9mm won’t go through much.
Most "home defense" stuff is aimed (heh) at people looking for something one-handed (or else is a shotgun), so once I start seeing a stock, I start assuming your nearest neighbor isn't all that near.
I grew up on 10/22 (and Model 44), so I would personally go with the Ruger PCC just for familiarity's sake, but if you're an AK guy then there's also the AK-V. Some parts of the Internet don't seem to like the Keltec, says it's too cheap and has had some recall issues. I don't have a dog in this fight since I've had my gun purchases on pause for almost 20yrs now, but if you're deciding between those two specific models, a quick skim through the Internet makes me think the Ruger will probably serve you better in the long run.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Most "home defense" stuff is aimed (heh) at people looking for something one-handed (or else is a shotgun), so once I start seeing a stock, I start assuming your nearest neighbor isn't all that near.

--Patrick
I hope that changes. A PCC isn’t going to make a 9mm go a crazy range, and you’ll at least hopefully hit what you want, which is harder with a shotgun.

One of the bigger draws of the Kel-tec Sub 2000 is that it accepts magazines from several 9mm or .40S&W pistol makers. If you have any of those, it might be worth getting the Kel-Tec. Expect to pay $350-600 and expect to have trouble simply finding one.

The Ruger is a bit pricer... expect $800-950 for new.

I mean, they already do, assuming you can rein 'em in.

--Patrick
I guess what I meant is that it’s not going to penetrate through walls more than something like buckshot, and you’re less likely to have stray lead flying through the air. But that does show part of the reason I’m going for something like this. With a carbine, it should still reliably reach out 50 or 100 yards in the open.

One of the bigger draws of the Kel-tec Sub 2000 is that it accepts magazines from several 9mm or .40S&W pistol makers. If you have any of those, it might be worth getting the Kel-Tec. Expect to pay $350-600 and expect to have trouble simply finding one.

The Ruger is a bit pricer... expect $800-950 for new.
I’m pretty sure my local shop has some sub 9000s. I know they have the ruger I want, and it’s marked at $750. I could only deal with gun shop talk for so long, and didn’t want to stick around to ask about the keltec.

If you haven't heard, Jon Stewart is back with a new show, The Problem with Jon Stewart.

And this clip points out an almost direct correlation between domestic violence and mass gun violence.

Really, what is the point of that besides hosing it down with testosterone?
Yes, it definitely looks like something that's for gun LARPers, but here are the reasons I bought it:
  • AR-style controls (safety, mag eject, racking slide, etc) which I'm already familiar with.
  • Mag-fed so I can reload or change out loads quickly and easily without having to dump a tube full of shells.
  • Relatively inexpensive.
  • Very good reviews on youtube for reliability and accuracy.
  • 18" barrel--not so great for long distance shots, but more maneuverable in home/tight quarters
  • As a bullpup model, it is mostly weight-centered at the pistol grip instead of the barrel, making for faster target acquisition.
  • Semi-automatic, so I can get off shots without having to pump or lever between each one.
  • Picatinny rails mean that I can easily attach a red dot or other standard-fitting attachment.
  • Barrel shroud means my forward hand will feel less heat when firing.
  • MLoc attachment points in front mean I can add a foregrip if desired or other MLoc standard fitting attachment.
  • Aluminum and composite construction plus strategic cutouts makes the weapon weigh in at 7 lbs.
  • This one came with a variety of choke tubes and gas piston rings included, so I didn't have to worry about those purchases.
So, those were the points (besides testosterone) for me. I was less concerned with, though amused by, the Gun Bro aesthetics of the weapon.

Last edited:
If you haven't heard, Jon Stewart is back with a new show, The Problem with Jon Stewart.

And this clip points out an almost direct correlation between domestic violence and mass gun violence.

Like he said, it’s already illegal to own firearms if you’re convicted of domestic violence, for the exact reason he’s talking about. It’s just not enforced as well as it should be. Before considering any type of new gun restrictions, I think we need to look harder at how current laws are enforced and ensure anyone buying a gun goes through a required background check no matter how they buy them.