[Comics] Amazing Spider-Man comic ends, Marvel drinks SM fan tears. [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more like Tony Stark asked himself, "How can I make my helmet look like a luchador mask?"
I think I see what they were trying to do. I think they were trying to make it look like Captain America's cowl, but yeah, it looks stupid as all hell.[DOUBLEPOST=1358053170][/DOUBLEPOST]Whelp, I was wrong, I looked up the Wikipedia on Colossus and Magik DID take away his powers with her soulsword. And she could have done it at any time, so Colossus is all pissed at her because she just made him keep the Juggernaut powers to teach him some kind of lesson.

BananaHands

Staff member
Mr. Octopus's Ride Never Ends!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #17
DAN SLOTT (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)
Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Spider-Man 2099 variant by JG Jones
• HE’S BACK...BECAUSE YOU (LOUDLY) DEMANDED IT! THE RETURN OF SPIDEY 2099!
• (and an Osborn you have not seen in a while)
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #18
• Superior Spider-Man vs. Spider-Man 2099. Who will be the most superior Spider in the Multi-verse?
• Plus: secrets uncovered in time!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99[DOUBLEPOST=1373640287][/DOUBLEPOST]

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #19
VARIANT by J. G. JONES
LEGO VARIANT by Leonel Castellani
Necessary Evil CONCLUDES!
• The moment that changes world of Spider-Man-- and the Marvel Universe for years to come.
• Which Spider-Man is responsible for such a thing? Spider-Man 2099 or the Superior Spider-Man?
• Major developments for both Spider-Man’s cast... and for the future.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I dunno, I mean Spock just blackmailed JJJ into giving him The Raft as a base, plus he's building all sorts of shit and hired minions. I think he's headed for a hard fall within this year.

BananaHands

Staff member
I dunno, I mean Spock just blackmailed JJJ into giving him The Raft as a base, plus he's building all sorts of shit and hired minions. I think he's headed for a hard fall within this year.
I love it though.

ALL-NEW X-MEN SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • KRIS ANKA (A)
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Interlocking Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
PART ONE OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• The All-New X-Men cross over with the Indestructible Hulk and Superior Spider-Man!
• What does Doctor Octopus want with the All-New X-Men and HOW IS HE ALIVE?!
• This gets the immediate attention of Superior Spider-Man, but what does it have to do with the Hulk?
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T …$4.99

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • JAKE WYATT (A)
PART TWO OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• Banner helps The All-New X-Men and Superior Spider-Man get to the mystery of Doc Ock!
• But before they solve anything they’re shocked by the return of the believed-dead ABOMINATION!
40 PGS./ One-Shot/Rated T …$4.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • MICHAEL DIALYNAS (A)
PART THREE OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• Who is in league with Doc Ock and the Abomination and how can our heroes defeat them?
• Can the Superior Spider-Man (who we all know is the mind of Otto Octavius in the body of Spider-Man) hold onto his sanity while facing his doppelganger?
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

Peter Parker and Otto Octavius swapped bodies somehow, Doc Oc's body died with Peter in it. My guess, this is the "event" to bring Peter back and start the ball rolling to get him back in his own body, and probably "rejuvenate" Doc Oc at the same time.

Also, why does the Hulk have cyborg legs?[DOUBLEPOST=1373681887][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, Human Torch was dead for awhile. I guess he ended up being in some random alternate dimension or something, though. Flash is a pretty decent Venom, though, so I don't mind that.
I've been reading up on the new Venom series with Flash Thompson on Marvel Unlimited, and it's actually a really good book.

Hulk works for SHIELD now, I think, and it's some kind of armor so he's not running around in ripped spandex. I have the first issue, lemme re-read and I'll summarize what it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1373698081][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, quick skim shows it's a SHIELD biosuit he modded for himself. Doesn't mention (in issue 1 anyway) if it's got other benefits outside of looking snazzy, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1373698127][/DOUBLEPOST]Also also yeah, I've kept up to date on Spock, I'm more WUT about a regular pre-sick/dead Ock body showing up.

40 pages each, almost a double sized issue (current standard is 22 page comic). Wait, buy the trade, spend $14 for the whole story on Amazon.

BananaHands

Staff member
Hulk works for SHIELD now, I think, and it's some kind of armor so he's not running around in ripped spandex. I have the first issue, lemme re-read and I'll summarize what it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1373698081][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, quick skim shows it's a SHIELD biosuit he modded for himself. Doesn't mention (in issue 1 anyway) if it's got other benefits outside of looking snazzy, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1373698127][/DOUBLEPOST]Also also yeah, I've kept up to date on Spock, I'm more WUT about a regular pre-sick/dead Ock body showing up.
If he changes back to Banner mid-SHIELD mission, it acts as a shell to protect his body from harm.

Why are each of these comics five bucks? Fucking hell, it's the mid-90s again.

Having been a steady, ongoing comic book buyer back then, I don't remember them ever being that much. Maybe for the double-sized annual or #100 issue or something...if it was the foil cover version or something.

Also, keep in mind that the ones above are essentially annuals, so they are in fact, double sized.

Having been a steady, ongoing comic book buyer back then, I don't remember them ever being that much. Maybe for the double-sized annual or #100 issue or something...if it was the foil cover version or something.

Also, keep in mind that the ones above are essentially annuals, so they are in fact, double sized.
Clone Saga Spider-man. I remember because I had to save up my own money to try affording all four Spider-man titles per month as a 10-year-old. Would've been better to save up for more Sega Genesis games.

I'm pretty sure the average book price around that time was somewhere in the 3 dollar range unless they were special issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1373747711][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, I did some checking and comics averaged a buck fifty in the heart of the clone saga
spiderman.jpg

I'm pretty sure the average book price around that time was somewhere in the 3 dollar range unless they were special issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1373747711][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, I did some checking and comics averaged a buck fifty in the heart of the clone saga
View attachment 11362
Many of them were, with foil covers and the like. I thought that's just how comics were.

EDIT: Then my comic book shop was a fucked-up place. What the hell?

Actually, foil covers and special one shots averaged 2.95, with regular titles being a buck fiddy.

Seeing as cover prices are set by the publisher, I don't know how your local shop was charging more.

Speaking of Kaine, the new Scarlet Spider series is fucking awesome and you should all read it. Kaine wants to be hardcore but Texas won't let him.

Is he basically the same character? I always hated him back in the day. I actually loved the concept of Ben Reilly and I wish that they hadn't killed him off and kept him as the one true Spider-Man.

Yeah, check out the first issue, it really sets up the character, and I think it's the first 4-5 that will set up his friends and such in the city. Personally I think it's one of the best books out there right now.

How long has it been out? Marvel unlimited posts things about 2-3 months after paper publication.

About a year and a half, roughly. According to Wikipedia, first issue was January 2012. And yeah, I picked up the first one cheap at my store. It was on their clearance shelf for $5. I liked it and will eventually get around to buying more. Not in a huge rush, as there's too many other things I like that take priority (new Locke & Key, Chew, Atomic Robo, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.