[Comics] Amazing Spider-Man comic ends, Marvel drinks SM fan tears. [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what happened to Archangel? I thought he went by that name only AFTER the horseman of Apocalypse metal wings thing?
Basically this happened (Wikipedia copy/paste, too lazy to type it out myself):

In X-Force (vol. 3) #4, Warren is brutally attacked by a mind-controlled Wolfsbane. During the attack, Wolfsbane savagely rips Warren's wings from his back and runs away, taking the wings with her.[42] It is revealed by Elixir that Warren's wings are still techno-organic constructs that he is unable to heal.Wolfsbane later delivers them to the Purifiers, who are seeking the Apocalypse Strain, the techno-organics, which comprise Warren's wings. The Purifiers use the Apocalypse Strain to modify an army of Purifier agents, giving them the same metallic wings that Archangel once had. Meanwhile, although Elixir is able to heal all of Warren's injuries, he cannot regrow his wings due to interference from the Apocalypse Strain. Later in the story, Warren is gripped by a series of excruciating seizures that not only mysteriously regenerate his techno-organic wings, but also transform him back into Apocalypse's version of Death/Archangel, complete with blue skin and a techno-organic version of his uniform.[43]
X-Force attacks Archangel, who eventually asks for relief from the pain of losing his wings and transforming into Archangel.[44] However, at the last minute, Archangel escapes into the night, intent on taking vengeance against the Purifiers. Warren arrives at the Purifiers' headquarters and slaughters most of them in a blood-maddened rage. However, once the battle is over, he reverts back to his normal Caucasian, feather-winged appearance. He comments to Logan that he can still feel the metal wings inside him, however, and that they want to come out again. According to Elixir, Warren's transformation is permanent, implying that he is fully capable of transforming back into Archangel again at any time.[45]
In an attempt to understand what was done to both Wolfsbane and Angel, the pair of them are placed in a room together, where Rahne is forced to gaze at Warren. The mere sight of him causes her to become murderous once again, and she attempts to rip the wings from Warren's body once more. The sight of a psychotic Wolfsbane, as well as the fear of having his wings torn from his body again, causes a defensive reaction in Warren, reverting him back into his violent Archangel persona.
From then on, Angel takes dual membership with both the X-Men and X-Force, though Cyclops forbids Angel from telling the rest of the team about the return of his Archangel powers.[volume & issue needed] However, while recruiting a scientist for Beast's "Science Squad", the X-Club, Angel is forced to transform into Archangel in order to destroy a giant rampaging monster. Beast reacts in anger that Angel has not told him that his "Death" powers have returned, creating tension between the two friends. Angel knows telling Beast would expose the latest incarnation of X-Force and effectively end Cyclops' latest tenure as leader if the truth about his personal black ops squad became public knowledge.[volume & issue needed]
During the X-Club's trip to 1906 in order to discover the origins of the modern mutant race, Angel transforms into Archangel a number of times to help further their mission.
During the Fear Itself storyline, Wolverine and Archangel interrogate Purifiers member Benedict Ryan on where Jonathan Standish is hiding out.

Wait, what happened to Archangel? I thought he went by that name only AFTER the horseman of Apocalypse metal wings thing?
He's gone back and forth. Most recently, he was basically mindwiped to get rid of the Death personality, but it also wiped out the Warren Worthington III personality. For a while he thought he actually was an angel.

fade

Staff member
That's because just having wings is pretty lame when your teammates are an Omega class telekinetic, a guy who can fire particle beams from his friggin' eyes, a guy with the power to freeze anything, and a genius monkey-man with super-strength and agility. "Oh and what can you do?" "I can fly. At normal speed. And I can't really carry much weight." "..." "Oh, and I'm rich"

They've given him other stuff, apparently, to compensate. Now he's got near-superhuman reflexes, can fight in melee as well as Wolverine does, has hollow bones like a bird, and barely needs to eat because of a super-efficient metabolism. He can also fly non-stop for about half a day.

It was during the "secondary mutation" era, which is also what led to the stupid cat-beast. The healing blood was Angel's secondary mutation, as was Emma Frost's diamond skin.

It was during the "secondary mutation" era, which is also what led to the stupid cat-beast. The healing blood was Angel's secondary mutation, as was Emma Frost's diamond skin.
Oh speaking of Emma, apparently she's not psychic anymore and only has diamond skin as a power. This is hearsay, though, so she might have it back.

Oh speaking of Emma, apparently she's not psychic anymore and only has diamond skin as a power. This is hearsay, though, so she might have it back.
I just had a mental image of Emma Frost alongside a fellow team mate with super strength, in a battle.

"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot read their minds, you'll have to toss me. Don't tell the Hellfire Club?"
"Not a word."

*hurls Diamond Emma at the enemy*

I just had a mental image of Emma Frost alongside a fellow team mate with super strength, in a battle.

"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot read their minds, you'll have to toss me. Don't tell the Hellfire Club?"
"Not a word."

*hurls Diamond Emma at the enemy*
Well, with Logan gone, someone's gotta be the fastball. I think it was in Avengers V X-Men, but someone else let Colossus throw them. I want to say X-23, but I can't remember for sure.

The art in Thunderbolts annoys me.
I haven't even touched TB, I hear nothing but bad things. I've been mainly planning to keep up on Superior, All-new X-Men, and maybe the new Avengers. I'd like to read Iron Man, but Greg Land is a hack artist. All his men have same-face and all the women either look like they're having an orgasm or giving someone the bedroom-eyes.

BananaHands

Staff member
I haven't even touched TB, I hear nothing but bad things. I've been mainly planning to keep up on Superior, All-new X-Men, and maybe the new Avengers. I'd like to read Iron Man, but Greg Land is a hack artist. All his men have same-face and all the women either look like they're having an orgasm or giving someone the bedroom-eyes.
Yeah, TB is pretty bad. Cable and the X-Force has potential... Thor's been pretty solid too. I just Uncanny Avengers came out on time.

Oh, also the new Iron Man suit looks fucking stupid.

HELMET ON A HELMET

Another shot, here you can also see Land's recurring phobia of drawing hips.

Wait, where did Logan go?
After Avengers vs. X-Men, Cyclops basically went all Magneto on humanity and Wolverine wanted no part of it. He started a school in the old Xavier building, while Cyclops is off with Magneto, Emma and a few others doing the mutant terrorist thing. I don't remember what Colossus did after the events.[DOUBLEPOST=1357899486][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, TB is pretty bad. Cable and the X-Force has potential... Thor's been pretty solid too. I just Uncanny Avengers came out on time.
Oh, I forgot all about Thor. It's great so far with the whole God-killer and time-jumping storyline.

After Avengers vs. X-Men, Cyclops basically went all Magneto on humanity and Wolverine wanted no part of it. He started a school in the old Xavier building, while Cyclops is off with Magneto, Emma and a few others doing the mutant terrorist thing. I don't remember what Colossus did after the events.[DOUBLEPOST=1357899486][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, Wolverine went away because of a discussion, more than a war, over wether kids should be X-Men and brought into their messes etc. Wolverine wanted to protect them, Cyclops saw mutantkind in a war for survival and thoght anyone who wanted to participate should be allowed to.

Colossus tried to get away from the world, is currently in Cable's X-Force.

I'm almost to the end of Avengers vs X-Men and holy shit, I hate this crossover and what it means for the X-franchise. There is no way in hell the majority of the X-Men would go along with this. It makes me very interested in reading the new run where beast brings the original team to the present.

Even Xavier's basically, "Whelp, I don't know what to do with you kids anymore, so I'm just going to bugger off"

Everytime I see the Ghostbusters symbol(ish), all I can think of is the Wax Audio mashup of it.

Holy shit bro, before listening to that I would have considered mashing-up either song as heresy, but the result is... holy crap. This blew me away, it's fucking genius.

So let's see here:

Collossus is now Juggernaut

Dr. Octopus is now Spider-man

Flash Thompson is now Venom

And Eddie Brock is dead Toxin probably, I don't know nor do I care any more.

What other pointless changes will come up in the whacky world of Marvel? Will the Human Torch become Ghost Rider? Will Deadpool become Invisible Woman? All good questions to possible story-lines that may sadly appear because Marvel is desperate and running out of ideas.

Well, Human Torch was dead for awhile. I guess he ended up being in some random alternate dimension or something, though. Flash is a pretty decent Venom, though, so I don't mind that.

Marvel shoulda done the "nuke it all" thing first instead of DCU. They were too busy with all the Avengers stuff, though.

Marvel shoulda done the "nuke it all" thing first instead of DCU. They were too busy with all the Avengers stuff, though.
I think the problem is that they DONT nuke it all and start truly from scratch. They partially carry over all kinds of -parts- instead of it being a true fresh start. Also doing cross-over events within your first 10-15 issues of a -brand-new- series is a sure fire way to get newbies to quit.

I thought Colossus was free of being the Juggernaut after Avengers vs. X-Men? Something like his sister, Ilyana, freed the crystal out of him or something.

I thought Colossus was free of being the Juggernaut after Avengers vs. X-Men? Something like his sister, Ilyana, freed the crystal out of him or something.
I don't even think he has the gem, Cytorrak just bestowed his power on Colossus. He's actually more powerful than the Juggernaut was because as he rages, his power grows out of his control. As for Magik taking away that power, I don't think so. During AvX, when they were both empowered by the Poenix Force, they attempted to force Cytorrak to release Colossus from his servitude and Cytorrak refused and even the Phoenix Force was unable to make him as he is not part of our dimension and the Phoenix Force had no power over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.