America or the US

I was listening to this song while reading this thread. It worked so well.

Interesting (in no way), I have a butt ton of female asian friends, but I've never slept with any. I'm such a white racist.

THE CHANCES ARE THINNING.
I DODGE BULLETS WHEN I'M SPINNING!

DON'T SHOOT ME, I'M DANCING.
DON'T SHOOT ME WHEN I'M DANCING.
CAN'T STOP THE TOP!

I think for official context you should use United States, but in general America is perfectly fine. For those who get all butthurt about it it's short for United States of America, just like how Soccer is short of Association Football.

... oh

...OH

You know what I like fellow white guys? People wanting to punish you for something that took place generations before your family even came to this country.

I think for official context you should use United States, but in general America is perfectly fine. For those who get all butthurt about it it's short for United States of America, just like how Soccer is short of Association Football.

... oh

...OH

You know what I like fellow white guys? People wanting to punish you for something that took place generations before your family even came to this country.

And then being indignant when you bring up their own sordid history.

You know he was fucking with you, right? We've all pretty much stated that our country isn't perfect, but that wasn't enough. And since you're not going to get outright condemnation of America, you're not satisfied.

So now it's devolved inot poking at you with verbal sticks. With the exception of maybe Chad, who seems to have a Quixote complex. (Which is perfectly fine, I've tilted a windmill or two myself.)
Good metaphor. I should reference Quixote more often in my life.

Dammit, still no Naiwen. Well, guess I'll have to pick up the slack.

I know you are, but what am I?

There, that was appropriately juvenile.

I think it's astonishing just how many times we pointed out that Naiwen was not only insulting/attacking us but blatantly ignoring our perfectly well-thought out counter-arguments. Which they then ignored because they disagreed? I don't buy that argument. I don't think they know HOW to respond in a respectful, tactful manner.

I mean, what's the point of starting the thread in the first place, masking it with the idea of a civil debate over American foreign policies, only to ignore any counter-arguments? Me, I don't get involved in these sorts of debates because 1) I can't debate for crap and 2) I'm not well-educated on politics, foreign or otherwise, or know where to find links to support said arguments.

I think it's astonishing just how many times we pointed out that Naiwen was not only insulting/attacking us but blatantly ignoring our perfectly well-thought out counter-arguments. Which they then ignored because they disagreed? I don't buy that argument. I don't think they know HOW to respond in a respectful, tactful manner.

I mean, what's the point of starting the thread in the first place, masking it with the idea of a civil debate over American foreign policies, only to ignore any counter-arguments? Me, I don't get involved in these sorts of debates because 1) I can't debate for crap and 2) I'm not well-educated on politics, foreign or otherwise, or know where to find links to support said arguments.
I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.