[Comics] And The Joker Killed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though, really. Think about it. I'm going to make this generous in the ages so that Batman's not actually the oldest man alive.

Dick would have been robin, for at least 10 years, I'd say. Then Jason Todd, let's say 5 years. At least a year before taking on another one for the grieving. Tim drake, we'll say 5 years. Now Damien for at least 1, so we're looking at least 22 years from Dick to Damien, and assuming batman was at least 25 when he took in Dick, that would make Batman almost 50.... that already puts him into TDK territory.[DOUBLEPOST=1360797111][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn, I forgot about Spoiler taking on Robin. We'll give that another year added to the timeline.

I've always been interested in the idea of what the DC or Marvel universe would be like if it followed a proper timeline that's relatively parallel to our timeline. So Batman and Superman started in the 40s as they were introduced, etc. So with that, I think we'd be entering into, what? Third generation? Bruce might likely have passed away by now, Dick retired or possibly passed away. Tim might be Batman now, with Damien as Robin or something.

Even with the compressed timelines, Batman shouldn't be only in his 30s (I believe that's the official age range the "trinity"). Unless he only had his individual Robins for a year or so each. In which case, he sucks balls as a mentor and it's a wonder any of them are still alive. You can't learn the level of martial arts needed to be a sidekick to batman in that time, and I ignored actual training time before really wearing the costume. Even with them starting off with basic martial arts or acrobatic backgrounds, I doubt Batman would send them out in the field completely unprepared. Damien and Stephanie would be exceptions because Stephanie was raised by a supervillain and Damian was trained from birth by the League of Assassins.

Fixed that for ya.
Truer words never spoken. I keep hoping Image or another comic company will hire her because of her decades of experience and talent. Image has already become the best place for creative teams and new titles. I can't imagine what it'd be like if Berger came on board.

Truer words never spoken. I keep hoping Image or another comic company will hire her because of her decades of experience and talent. Image has already become the best place for creative teams and new titles. I can't imagine what it'd be like if Berger came on board.
Speaking of Image, I really need to catch up on Invincible. It's been pretty consistently good since issue 1, at least what I've read of it.

Necronic

Staff member
Probably the best 'DC' comic I've read in a LONG time is the Planetary run on Wildstorm. Simply an amazing comic. It's hard to describe, but if I were to it's a reimagining of a blend of DC and Marvel characters that's....man it's just hard to describe

The same as every other Editor.[DOUBLEPOST=1361912240][/DOUBLEPOST]My issue is not with the action, it's with the way Grant Morrison writes without giving a flying fuck about any other book that is currently going on. This is a big FU to Peter Tomasi and fans of his Batman and Robin title, the same way it was a massively shitty move of him to kill the Kents in origin without bothering to even tell the ONE other writer of Superman.

To be fair to Morrison, it's not his job to inform the other writers what he is doing, that would be the... oh let my think... the editor's job. Grant Morrison gets to do what he does because they (editorial) let him.

What a crock of shit. This should have happened in the Death of the Family saga. That would have been a much more amazing total story.

Writers can talk all they want, editorial approves stories and the fact is that this story was written and approved months ago, if the other writers were not informed so that the impact to their titles could be not be minimized, it's because editorial choose not to tell them. It certainly wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened, especially with Didio at the helm. Besides, who is to say this wasn't planned by Morrison from the beginning. After all he re-introduced him into the main continuity.

What a crock of shit. This should have happened in the Death of the Family saga. That would have been a much more amazing total story.
Except the title of the story was Death "OF" the Family, not "In."

This doesn't bug me at all. For one, he's been Morrison's baby from the beginning. This is no different than him killing of Aztec and Zauriel at the end of his JLA run (though the latter made a few appearances after that). In the grande scheme of things, it'll probably be better if it's contained within Morrison's own books. Like, one could read just his books and it'd be just fine. Which I would much prefer over the character just being someone that was killed in an event.

Except the title of the story was Death "OF" the Family, not "In."

This doesn't bug me at all. For one, he's been Morrison's baby from the beginning. This is no different than him killing of Aztec and Zauriel at the end of his JLA run (though the latter made a few appearances after that). In the grande scheme of things, it'll probably be better if it's contained within Morrison's own books. Like, one could read just his books and it'd be just fine. Which I would much prefer over the character just being someone that was killed in an event.
You mean like if it happened in the book Damian had been starring in for the past year and a half, instead of a title that had half its issues take place before Flashpoint, and still can't keep a monthly schedule?

You mean like if it happened in the book Damian had been starring in for the past year and a half, instead of a title that had half its issues take place before Flashpoint, and still can't keep a monthly schedule?
Hey hey hey, let's not bring logic into this, now!

Besides, the core book behind the Joker story was Batman, since it was Scott Snyder's baby. Robin was barely in that one.

Oh I think it would be just as dumb to have had the Joker kill him. Death of the Family was a perfectly good story as it was and a death would have only cheapened it.

I think Death of the Family would have been better had the Joker actually cut off their faces. It would be easily retconned later what with all the mystical healers and superscience out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.