[Informational] Blacknova Traders

I saw that many of you are producing ore and goods on your planets.

I would not do that. Because ore byitself does not produce intrest. And you have to use turns to convert it to money, furthermore it does not have a fixed value.

i usually keep 0 on ore 10-11 on organics so the planet keeps colonists alive. 0 on ore. 5-90 on energy. (5 on a money producing planet 30-90 on bank planet) and 0 on figs and torps. I keep so much on energy so my beams and shields would be sustained.

I do not produce fighters and torpedoes because it takes 20000 colonists to build a fighter and 8000 colonists to produce a torpedoe. that 28000 colonists to produce 75 credits worth of defences, but if those colonists produced money they would make 373 credits. See where i am going?

Also selling goods on a planet isnt a good idea, someone could come in and buy all of the energy. And take the planet with ease, because 2 of 4 defences are useless.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also selling goods on a planet isnt a good idea, someone could come in and buy all of the energy. And take the planet with ease, because 2 of 4 defences are useless.
And as I discovered the hard way, selling stuff on a planet is unlikely to actually foster any economic activity because the prices are much worse than on trading posts.

I think there should be a reset. I dont deserve being nr 1 atm. Pluss, now you know much more so it should be more interesting.

GasBandit

Staff member
It does seem like we've learned a great deal, enough not to make a hash of it when trying it again "for real."

I saw that many of you are producing ore and goods on your planets.

I would not do that. Because ore byitself does not produce intrest. And you have to use turns to convert it to money, furthermore it does not have a fixed value.

i usually keep 0 on ore 10-11 on organics so the planet keeps colonists alive. 0 on ore. 5-90 on energy. (5 on a money producing planet 30-90 on bank planet) and 0 on figs and torps. I keep so much on energy so my beams and shields would be sustained.

I do not produce fighters and torpedoes because it takes 20000 colonists to build a fighter and 8000 colonists to produce a torpedoe. that 28000 colonists to produce 75 credits worth of defences, but if those colonists produced money they would make 373 credits. See where i am going?

I mostly agree here, but with caveats:
  1. Producing only energy can leave your planet undefended because of random "energy storms" which will drain 100% of the energy from your planet. Random events suck, and DO happen. You lose 20% of your colonists (on one planet) but 100% of energy. Big difference there. If it was 20% energy per random event, I'd agree with you, but because it's 100%, it can leave you vulnerable at the wrong time.
  2. If you make the credits, you then need to buy the fighters and manage each planet individually. Yes it's slightly less efficient, but makes defending a large empire easier. So up to you.
  3. I agree that putting your planet to "sell" is idiotic because they will buy/drain all your energy and then attack. But you get a better ratio on efficiency of currency by making goods. If there's a port in your sector to sell to, you can even automate the selling via the trade route interface. EASY to get your money then, even counting potential interest. But you can only do this with 1 (maybe 2) planets per sector with a port, since you max out the port easily.
  4. 10 is all you need for organics. It's the EXACT amount to never have starvation, but never have excess either.
So ya.

And I keep seeing you scanning Ganymede. You may be able to take it, but it'll be a long and hard road.

Eh, don't take it too personally... he's going around scanning all my planets still too.
Ya but he's come back to there LOTS more times than he's done the "once-over" of everything else. It is my "capital" world after all, so it's not like I'm surprised.

Edit: plus not counting 645, you get points if you see the "theme" of every other one of my sectors for their planet names.

I mostly agree here, but with caveats:
  1. Producing only energy can leave your planet undefended because of random "energy storms" which will drain 100% of the energy from your planet. Random events suck, and DO happen. You lose 20% of your colonists (on one planet) but 100% of energy. Big difference there. If it was 20% energy per random event, I'd agree with you, but because it's 100%, it can leave you vulnerable at the wrong time.
  2. If you make the credits, you then need to buy the fighters and manage each planet individually. Yes it's slightly less efficient, but makes defending a large empire easier. So up to you.
  3. I agree that putting your planet to "sell" is idiotic because they will buy/drain all your energy and then attack. But you get a better ratio on efficiency of currency by making goods. If there's a port in your sector to sell to, you can even automate the selling via the trade route interface. EASY to get your money then, even counting potential interest. But you can only do this with 1 (maybe 2) planets per sector with a port, since you max out the port easily.
  4. 10 is all you need for organics. It's the EXACT amount to never have starvation, but never have excess either.
So ya.

And I keep seeing you scanning Ganymede. You may be able to take it, but it'll be a long and hard road.

1. In case of energy storm, then will figs and torps be used for defence. Beams are just the first defence.
2. Well if i make a planet, i put 10-20 m figs and torps on it. you never need more on a normal planet. a planet with 100m colonists is worth 510 160 000 credits to make it defended cost efficiaantly you should have 1 fig and torp for every 75 credits, that means llittlebit less than 7m figs and torps. and also for every billion creds on it you should have an extra 13,3 m figs and torps. in that case if someone has a big enought ship to take it with 1 fight he wouldnt gain any money, he would lose probably. bc he has to make up 500m for the colonists, pluss he has to defend it again with enought fighters.

And those planetary apocalipses are just an a hiccup. Never cared for them.

If you keep 1,5b figs for 6 days then i would take it. and even then i wouldnt make any significant profit.

There's actually a 10M limit on the number of credits you can take when you take a planet, making it nearly-never worth it to take a planet. You're doing scorched earth, not doing it to get resources like in Tradewars.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's actually a 10M limit on the number of credits you can take when you take a planet, making it nearly-never worth it to take a planet. You're doing scorched earth, not doing it to get resources like in Tradewars.
He tells me there's a way to actually get the money. Apparently it has to do with the level difference between you and the target planet. If you outlevel the planet too much, you get nothing. But he's put it to work, as his meteoric rise to 1st came from taking Lerxt's bank planet with the reward intact.

He tells me there's a way to actually get the money. Apparently it has to do with the level difference between you and the target planet. If you outlevel the planet too much, you get nothing. But he's put it to work, as his meteoric rise to 1st came from taking Lerxt's bank planet with the reward intact.
Weird. It's in the settings menu as planet max... didn't know it had anything to do with ranks vs one another.

GasBandit

Staff member
Weird. It's in the settings menu as planet max... didn't know it had anything to do with ranks vs one another.
Looking around in other BNT forums, seems there's also a time limit.. if you don't capture within seconds of taking the planet, you might also lose it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Which is complicated by the fact that the "capture" link when you take a planet is broken, and you have to either type it manually or go back to the main menu, click on the planet, and then click "capture."

That capture link is bugged in other games aswell.

Btw gas, i just noticed that one of your planet has my real name on it. A scandinavian name.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty much just waiting for a reset at this point.

Though it's funny to see how much my finances have sprung back in the meantime.

GasBandit

Staff member
The adventure begins![DOUBLEPOST=1392061790,1392061634][/DOUBLEPOST]Um... I still have a quadrillion in cash.

And all my planets...

I don't think that reset took effect.

Dave

Staff member
How did you get in? Through the link above or a bookmark? I changed the link above.[DOUBLEPOST=1392061866,1392061849][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me change the whole thing.

Well at first I just traded 1 port. (2 way and warp). And did excatly the amount needed for next lvl.
When I got 16 hull I traded untill I got 32m and bought lvl 15 engines and fuel scoop. Afterwards I got lvl 10 power and started to 2 way realspace trading.
Opened a new traderoute after every 10 trades and bought next hull lvl when i could. After I had like 10 routes I just kept circulating after a few updates. That was nessesary to keep the ports near maximum profit.[DOUBLEPOST=1392064841,1392064705][/DOUBLEPOST]
But do you like the new map and trading stuff? Let me know how well I did the maps.

I like it. I has a lot of ports, easy to find new traderoutes.

Also its good to have those extra Unowned planets :)

Dave

Staff member
I'm hoping it'll also be easier for someone to "hide" in the distant corners. At least for a time.

Dave

Staff member
Uh....yes? I mean, no! No!

I mean...maybe?

I tried to add some aliens. I guess they didn't take.

Just that, if you create a planet you get the % 20 20 20 20 10 10, but if you capture a planet, which was unowned, you get 6x20%