Can I has bawww thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, I though you were older than me Droll. You're certainly much more mature than I am. :)
Wait, I shouldn't be happy about this. . . .
:(

----------
Sorry I don't have anything of great value to contribute, I'd like to give out advice, but I'm a little reticent to do so. Not like you need it though, you have some great people here whom are very caring. Surprising for a forum, must be your dickerdoodles that make you so popular.

Oh, and the bewbs too. Can't forget those! :p

K

Koko

If you're in the relationship because you think he's worth it, bring in an outside perspective (preferably a professional) to see if the relationship is salvageable.

If you're in the relationship because you're used to it and don't want to be alone, then keep in mind there would probably be guys lining up on command given the chance (not necessarily all from here...right Halforumites?).

If you're in the relationship because you think you can change him into a person you would want to marry, you're likely to have better luck finding someone you can accept as is in the first place.
QFT :sorry:

Pretty much echoing what everybody else has said.

Even if you were to discount the psychological abuse, one of the most important foundations for a healthy relationship is open communication. It's something I've struggled with in the past, and is something that my current girlfriend grapples with--she's not very talkative when there's a problem, which has lead to some big fights before. She's working on it, in a large part because I listen when she has a problem and I try to make myself better for it.

Which brings me to the next point--I think one of the best points I ever heard made was, "Love means wanting to be a better person for somebody." Anecdotes aside, he's not meeting a very vital need if it takes him two to three days to cool down from a relatively minor fight.

Long story short, talk to him. If he doesn't want to talk, force him to. If what you're doing now isn't working, try something different.

Ross

Staff member
I was in a similar situation myself, in which it was all good most of the time, but there were a few key things about my girlfriend that arose from time to time that I couldn't get over. Having a logical mind, and even weighing in the fact that I still had to live with her because of the apartment lease, I broke up with her.

It sounds like this stuff really upsets you, and no one should have to put up with that shit. I'm glad to hear you've made the first step to moving on.

Shannow

Staff member
give him a blowjob and a sandwich with a beer. he wont be mad anymore.

do this whenever you fight. problems solved.

H

Heavan

I'm a follower of the 'if you have to wonder whether or not you're happy, even if you decide that you are, it isn't true happiness'.

Right now, you're wondering whether or not this dude is worth it. That should be answer enough right there, in my (hypocritical) opinion.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Droll... C'mere for a sec.

*big, warm, fuzzy Finnish teddy bear hug* :hug:

If you're hurting like hell right now... let it out. If you feel like crying, cry. If you feel you need a drink, do so... but not alone. If there's something that lets you dull that pain, do so. Just as long as you don't let it fester and ruin the good person I know you are.

Based on what you wrote... I believe you made the right decision. Assholes don't get better over time, they just become bigger assholes. And if all you wrote is true... the disrespect, the childishness, the implication of "barefoot and pregnant"-kinda family model... well, good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'd ask for his phone number, but I don't know if it's illegal to impersonate a Russian mafia thug threatening to bust his kneecaps and feed his kidneys to the dogs :p

doomdragon6

Staff member
"If you have to ask," yadda yadda.

First of all, your boyfriend sounds odd to me-- having traditional gender rolls when he's such a bitch.

Secondly, I have never ever, ever, ever, ever known a 15-year-old girl to make a good decision on who she dated. The fact that you started dating at 15 and are 20 now, and from your description of the things he does, you should definitely look for something else.

My best friend is actually very very similar to your boyfriend. Very traditional, etc etc. His girlfriend (who was, gasp, 15 when they started dating) started having similar uncertainties much like you are. He snapped at her, belittled her (only he never realized he was doing it), etc. She often came to me asking what I thought.

After a while, I realize his behavios was "building up." It would spill over to me-- he'd treat me like he treated her. Snapping every now and then, CONSTANTLY belittling anything I said, always believing he was right, etc etc. I started to realize how she felt. And it constantly, constantly, built up. I got to a point where I downright resented him and could only imagine how his gf felt. There would be point where I would be nowhere near him, hadn't even talked to him recently, and I would just get angry at him.

He's been my best friend for 20 years, so time has little to do with it. If anything, it'll get worse. Once she broke up with him, he returned to normal and became far less insufferable. It's something akin to a power trip, but not quite.

At any rate, he's with someone who much more closely matches his type now, and none of those qualities have resurfaced yet. Mostly because they are "equals" now.

What I'd say is that he doesn't see you as equal in his eyes, and that is never okay.

My advice: Leave him and see what other great guys are out there.

My creepy advice: Dump him and come find me, cuz holy hell you are the gorgeous-est girl ever.

I

Iaculus

Oi! Creepy limey drake right here!

Also, slightly worrying overlong hugs to Droll, and hope things work out for the best, whatever that might be.

C

Chazwozel

My creepy advice: Dump him and come find me, cuz holy hell you are the gorgeous-est girl ever.
*back-of-the-head slap*

Dude, not cool. We all think she's gorgeous, but you started sounding like Howard Wolowitz right there.
[/quote]

pfftt...if that's not creepy.

Behold! He comes from yonder horizon! The mighty White Knight of the internet!

I can't add anything to the good advice (and really creepy hitting on you posts, seriously, WTF guys?) already in this thread, but it seems like you are making some hard decisions, which always sucks. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with all that, you seem like a terribly nice person who really doesn't deserve that crap. :(

C

Chazwozel

From what I have seen that kind of disrespect and disregard doesn't get better with time, usually it gets worse.
^^^^^[/QUOTE]

Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me some pie.

5 years later...

Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me some rack of lamb and while you're at it mill out some nice pinot noir with your bare feet. Oh and get me a a good Belgian beer, but make sure it's been filtered through a 2 uM filter and you painstakingly pick out the remaining sediment (if it's bad, I'll spit it in your face).

T

Twitch

From what I have seen that kind of disrespect and disregard doesn't get better with time, usually it gets worse.
^^^^^[/quote]

Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me some pie.

5 years later...

Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me some rack of lamb and while you're at it mill out some nice pinot noir with your bare feet. Oh and get me a a good Belgian beer, but make sure it's been filtered through a 2 uM filter and you painstakingly pick out the remaining sediment (if it's bad, I'll spit it in your face).[/QUOTE]
Dad?

Don't be a quitter HowDroll, don't leave until after he starts hitting you and you're pregnant.

Look, you're an apparently smart girl that already knows the answer - you know, or you wouldn't be asking for people to tell you differently. Leave this fucking loser, his shithead family, and salt the earth behind you. If, after a few months, you still want to be with an older guy who treats you like crap, slap yourself extremely hard until that feeling goes away.

My best friend is actually very very similar to your boyfriend. Very traditional, etc etc. His girlfriend (who was, gasp, 15 when they started dating) started having similar uncertainties much like you are. He snapped at her, belittled her (only he never realized he was doing it), etc. She often came to me asking what I thought.

-----

He's been my best friend for 20 years, so time has little to do with it. If anything, it'll get worse. Once she broke up with him, he returned to normal and became far less insufferable. It's something akin to a power trip, but not quite.
I have seen a case of this myself. Sometimes, it's for the benefit of both people for them to break up.

Not much else to add that hasn't already been said. I think you made the right decision.

Oh and get me a a good Belgian beer, but make sure it's been filtered through a 2 uM filter and you painstakingly pick out the remaining sediment (if it's bad, I'll spit it in your face).
If you're filtering your Belgian beers, you're doing it wrong. Tsk.

Dump him, date Juski, have Halforums babies.

Problem solved.
And their son will absolutely LOVE crayons, while their daughter will have an unhealthy obsession with making phallic-shaped pastries in her EZ-Bake Oven.

Gusto said:
Halfooorums Baaaabies, we make our dreeeeams come truuuue~~

"Is everything alright in here, kids?"

Status
Not open for further replies.